Steam Iron Reviews?

guudhair

I want to purchase a steam iron and wanted to get reviews from yall before making a decision...I'm thinking about getting the maxiglide..any of yall use a steam iron on a regular basis?...what kind?...and how often do you use it?

Last edited:

Spiffy

Bumping this for you because I'm curious as well.

I've read about the Maxiglide's edge and combs ripping peoples hair out our causing the actual hot plates to burn their hair.

LoveLongLocks

I recently bought the Maxiglide. I do not use it much, because I do not sport straight styles very much. I chose to stop using my Chi, because of the dry heat. I love it, and the only way it would rip hair is if not used properly. The results are great, and it is much easier for me to straighten my hair - so, I like it. I believe that it is a preference - and I prefer moisture in my hair to prevent breakage.

*I hope this helps*

IntoMyhair

I have a maxiglide that I am selling, but the only reason I am selling it is because its not a 1inch flatiron lol. I liked the steam feature but I'm so use to holding a slim flatiron I can't handle the maxi. It worked out fine for my an my daughters natural hair. If it was smaller I would keep it; otherwise its a good flatiron to me.

shantea

Bumping because I am considering the Joico VaporIron...

I recently bought the joico iron and I really like it so far I used it twice. my hair feels moisturized and really smooth for a few days. It gets my hair pretty straight and I get my roots too.

ebsalita

Great question.
:thankyou:

I was curious about this too. I used to use a Babylis straight and shine on natural and relaxed hair and the steam made it so soft. I'm now thinking of getting a maxiglide express.

Any UK ladies out there who can confirm whether it works properly with an adaptor - it seems only to come with a USA plug fitting?

TIA

guudhair

I actually leaning more towards the Babyliss now since it's has a more reasonable price plus good reviews...which model did you have?

Last edited:

Austro-Afrikana

I bought a babyliss pro 230 radiance sleek but I have yet to use it. I'm not sure whether this has continuous steam but I kinda hope it is not continuous as I would worry about my roots reverting.

ebsalita

I actually leaning more towards the Babyliss now since it's has a more reasonable price plus good reviews...which model did you have?

Hi I had the first model which came out in the UK about 2001- sorry but I don't know the exact model number. It was white. It worked really really well, but I just found it a little bulky to use. I still have it somewhere at my parents house, I think.

To my knowledge, the models haven't changed that much at all, larger water reservoirs and some black and blue colours.

I'd go for it, the only reason I'm looking at the Maxiglide Express is because it's new and I fancied something sleeker and a little easier to manoeuvre around the head. (Also :blush:I am a complete gadget junkie like my father!):sekret:

Austro-Afrikana

I tried my babyliss pro 230 radiance on my fringe and I think it is really good. At first I wasn't too sure but later in the day when I looked in the mirror my hair was so shiny. Later when I unpinned my fringe it was really soft and smooth. Can't wait to use ot on my whole head.

LadyMacgyver

I have the conair one and I used it a lot when relaxed.. Now that I transitioned I completely forget I had one until this post.. (SMH spoken like a true PJ)..:blush:

I loved the shine that I got and my hair felt moisturized.. I still used heat protectant and I don't think I had the heat up that high.. have to be careful of the steam at your roots.. You will feel that steam on your scalp..

Attachments

• steam-straightening-iron.jpg
    steam-straightening-iron.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

PinkAngel

I have a Jilbere & Joico. I like them both but my Joico I love. It gives me smooth, shiny, hair with body.

Saw the Conair on clearance @ Target for $24.