CurlyNikki Responds

GoldenRule

That's ok though. We're not all going to agree. It's a little sad that we can't come together to support a common cause but within every group of people, no matter how tightly-knit, you'll always have some who have a need to feel superior to others. You have the naturals, then you have the naturals who have been natural since 1976, then you have the naturals who have been natural ALL THEIR LIVES, then you have the naturals who have never ever even hot combed, then you have the ones who never even used COLOR (wait until they start to go gray...lol). Then you look up and lo and behold, their white SO is over in the corner cheering with Becky too. It's exhausting. God save us all.

Honey Bee

Then you look up and lo and behold, their white SO is over in the corner cheering with Becky too. It's exhausting. God save us all.

MissC320

MissC320 Because they relax their hair, they basically want to be "Becky". Right? :lachen: This isn't a Relaxed vs. Natural debate, so please do me a favor and miss me with that. Please and Thanks:)! Also, what's your definition of support? Because as I remember it, people didn't have to show their support on some sorry behind "sidelines". Non-blacks whom supported the civil rights movement walked side by side with the same BLACKS this movement directly affected, though it didn't really benefit them at all. So my question to you is... Why can't a relaxed haired BLACK woman, support a natural haired BLACK woman side by side in a "fight" to preserve a movement that wholeheartedly represents the BLACK woman? Again, you're not making sense to me?:look:

Why do you keep trying to put words in my mouth?...
Please go back and READ. You both Becky and you can support from the side.

MissC320

Nice! No one can check you, boo! :lol: I think tranistioners like you & relaxed heads who support the natural movement are more #TEAMNATURAL than the militant naturals who treat #teamnatural like some sort of exclusive group that makes them better than anyone else. IMO, #teamnatural is about black women supporting, encouraging, and educating one another about natural hair. It's not a therapy group for needy insecure types who have a strong selfish need to feel more "special" than others :rolleyes:

Who is trying to be better then who???... What are you even talking about?
I'm making a clear point that before curly Becky tried to join team natural relaxed ladies were not checking for team natural.
And to those who think relaxed black women and natural black women are treated the same??... Uh no. We know that's not true so you can miss me with that.

MissC320

I agree. This is about something being stolen from the black woman (yet again). It isn't all about the hair and the status of one's head need not disqualify them from supporting "team natural".

No one said they couldn't support.
Please READ and not just go with 'group think'.

Honey Bee

I'm making a clear point that before curly Becky tried to join team natural relaxed ladies were not checking for team natural.
And your point would be incorrect. :down:

A perm only takes a few minutes. That relaxed woman you see mighta been natural an hour ago. :lol:

eta, re: "groupthink." Is that, like, when black people agree on something? :rolleyes: If so, I like it and would like some more, please. :lick: :lol:

ok, I'm done participating in the derailing. Like Obama said, be the change you wanna see. :lol:

Last edited:

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
But who was dictating? And what is there to dictate? I thought the 'movement' was pretty much solidified that '#teamnatural is for Africans, at home and abroad'. :)look: sorry 'bout that, Mr. Garvey :giggle:)

I think we may be viewing the hashtag "teamnatural" in two different ways. It can mean that we have natural hair, are transitioning to natural, or it can mean we support and respect natural hair.

We all have a problem with how Becky an 'em wanna show their hair with the hashtag "natural hair", be "natural hair icons" on our blogs, and say they are natural in the same context that blk women say it. That is plainly and simply wrong imo. They simply can't do that. It doesn't make sense.

On the other hand, unlike Becky an'em, black relaxed ladies aren't on Curly Nikki talking about "I'm a natural style icon." :look: Relaxed ladies can and do support their natural sisters in unity. They don't have to be natural in order to show support or agree that Sarah doesn't need to be on CN as a natural icon.

We also have to understand that the aesthetic of straight hair is the same on relaxed ladies and naturals who straighten. We are trying to promote a certain aesthetic when it comes to natural hair. Therefore, naturals who straighten would also not be part of "the movement."

MissC320

And your point would be incorrect. :down: A perm only takes a few minutes. That relaxed woman you see mighta been natural an hour ago. :lol: eta, re: "groupthink." Is that, like, when black people agree on something? :rolleyes: If so, I like it and would like some more, please. :lick: :lol: ok, I'm done participating in the derailing. Like Obama said, be the change you wanna see. :lol:
Banding together on "stupid" just because we are all black women is not for anybody's benefit.
O_O

MissC320

That's ok though. We're not all going to agree. It's a little sad that we can't come together to support a common cause but within every group of people, no matter how tightly-knit, you'll always have some who have a need to feel superior to others. You have the naturals, then you have the naturals who have been natural since 1976, then you have the naturals who have been natural ALL THEIR LIVES, then you have the naturals who have never ever even hot combed, then you have the ones who never even used COLOR (wait until they start to go gray...lol). Then you look up and lo and behold, their white SO is over in the corner cheering with Becky too. It's exhausting. God save us all.

Um ok. So Becky and her SO don't get to cheer on team natural....so what.?... o_O

MissC320

I think we may be viewing the hashtag "teamnatural" in two different ways. It can mean that we have natural hair, are transitioning to natural, or it can mean we support and respect natural hair. We all have a problem with how Becky an 'em wanna show their hair with the hashtag "natural hair", be "natural hair icons" on our blogs, and say they are natural in the same context that blk women say it. That is plainly and simply wrong imo. They simply can't do that. It doesn't make sense. On the other hand, unlike Becky an'em, black relaxed ladies aren't on Curly Nikki talking about "I'm a natural style icon." :look: Relaxed ladies can and do support their natural sisters in unity. They don't have to be natural in order to show support or agree that Sarah doesn't need to be on CN as a natural icon. We also have to understand that the aesthetic of straight hair is the same on relaxed ladies and naturals who straighten. We are trying to promote a certain aesthetic when it comes to natural hair. Therefore, naturals who straighten would also not be part of "the movement."

I partially agree with this. It's the mindset of SOME straight haired naturals that confuses me.

MissC320

honeybee since you clearly don't have a mind of your own there's no need for your senseless ranting. I can ask the group what YOU think. *insert eyeroll*

Last edited:

SuchaLady

Idk if you are a reincarnate but your posting style is very strange. When people dont agree or cosign what you say you start going off on these off the wall tangents. Its rather odd :confused: Typing in all caps, repeating the same thing, and insulting people will never make them agree. Close the laptop and go get some fresh air.

honeybee since you clearly don't have a mind of your own there's no need for your senseless ranting. I can ask the group what YOU think. *jnsert eyeroll*

SuchaLady

I wasnt invested in this thread but now Im wondering if I should read it :look: The entire thing was ridiculous to me. All the annoyance my hair is giving me through I wish I white girl would say Team Natural in front of me. She dont know my life :lol: Same thing as when white girls complain about not being able to find makeup that matches them. I be like bishh if you dont stfu.

Last edited:

MissC320

Idk if you are a reincarnate but your posting style is very strange. When people dont agree or cosign what you say you start going off on these off the wall tangents. Its rather odd :confused: Typing in all caps, repeating the same thing, and insulting people will never make them agree. Close the laptop and go get some fresh air.

I'm not a reincarnate...whatever that means. I'm not looking for anyone to agree with me I'm merely stating my opinion. If you feel insulted by my opinion then that's your problem.

ronie

Please stop. All of you. This is going nowhere good.
Yes I be been reading E V E R Y single posts from the start.

Mz.MoMo5235

Okay I read this thread plus 2 others in its entirety and my head hurts. Y'all stop this...now I want some cookies

Where the heck is Mz.MoMo5235 at?

Girl I took a break and got some cookies. I cant deal with all this.

I'll come back when people get some act right up in here. This whole thing makes me sad. I dont like all this arguing and personal insults on each other.

Its exactly what becky wanted and we fell for the okie doke. This and other threads are proof.

*runs out crying* I HOPE YALL HAPPY!

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Girl I took a break and got some cookies. I cant deal with all this. I'll come back when people get some act right up in here. This whole thing makes me sad. I dont like all this arguing and personal insults on each other. Its exactly what becky wanted and we fell for the okie doke. This and other threads are proof. *runs out crying* I HOPE YALL HAPPY!

Sings "Baby Come Back!"

curlytwirly06

Girl I took a break and got some cookies. I cant deal with all this. I'll come back when people get some act right up in here. This whole thing makes me sad. I dont like all this arguing and personal insults on each other. Its exactly what becky wanted and we fell for the okie doke. This and other threads are proof. *runs out crying* I HOPE YALL HAPPY!

Said the same in another thread. We can have a discourse without resorting to name calling. I stand firmly on the side of team natural not being taken over by WW, but I'm not going to name call and berate someone who disagrees.

Unless they actin foolish, then I would kindly tell them where to find the exit button and take that divide and conquer subject changing bull somewhere else.

ronie

Mz.MoMo5235 I blame you for my failed weigh-in on Monday. I was at the mall and got 3 each of macadamia nut, chocolate chip, and oatmeal cookies. My excuse was that I will share with DH when I get home, but I ate all 9 cookies, lol.

Honey Bee

@honeybee since you clearly don't have a mind of your own there's no need for your senseless ranting. I can ask the group what YOU think. *insert eyeroll*

:yawn: I feel like I talked about this technique in OT last week. Ladies, I'm sure we all remember that scene from Malcolm X where, in the practice run before the assasination, dude was like 'Get your hand out my pocket!!' Somebody in OT asked what that was about and I mentioned how, as I know it, that phrase is commonly used to create a distraction in a public place for nefarious purposes (like pickpocketing).

:look::look::rolleyes:

I choose take it as a sign that we're on the right path. :yep:

marta9227

I don't need some relaxed head telling me who should and should not be on MY TEAM.

This is giving into that divide and conquer. We're all black women dealing with black women hair issues and I am not natural at this time but I may be in the future and have been in the past. I definitely learn things from natural hair sites, and I think all textures and styles of black hair are beautiful. I cannot learn anything about hair care from a white woman and therefore don't want to see one on the hair care websites I sub. But as black women we need to stick together, later for that team natural vs team relaxed, we are all black women trying to grow, style and love beautiful healthy hair!

*drops mike*