cornrows

babygirl_00

To my ladies rocking cornrows and working out. My question...do you rinse your cornrows out after your workout? I was just wondering because I've had my cornrows for a little over two weeks and have been working out and was wondering if I should be rinsing out my hair :perplexed

I would be cautions in doing so being that I work out often and rinsing every other day (if speaking of your real hair being cornrowed.... your hair is pretty long so I would assume you are speaking of your real hair)...that it might begin to get frizzy, no?

I appreciate my frizz so as a cornrow wearing person who is very active YES I rinse as needed.Sometimes water only or sometimes co-wash. I reallycan't take a sweaty scalp...

My sister has her hair in cornrows and she works out like crazy....she rinses them often and just puts a little Oil Spritz on her hair to calm the frizz

Thanks ladies for your replies. I'm going to take them out next wedensday ginving my hair two days to relax stress free before I have them re-done saturday for our trip. I can't stand a sweaty scalp:look:

I work out every day, but I never rinse out my cornrows. I've been wearing them as a protective style under wigs at the moment, but even if wearing them out I never do that. Its not necessary to me and they don't look any different or itch any more than they usually would without working out.

I just wash/DC every two weeks as usual (and sometimes re-braid them at the end of a week using the same parts). I honestly like the way my hair gets warm and sweaty because its sorta like a nice steam treatment for my hair. It air dries soon and its fine.

When I do workout, I'll rinse my hair and tie a scarf so it will control the frizziness.

Back