cornrows

babygirl_00

To my ladies rocking cornrows and working out. My question...do you rinse your cornrows out after your workout? I was just wondering because I've had my cornrows for a little over two weeks and have been working out and was wondering if I should be rinsing out my hair :perplexed

westNDNbeauty

I would be cautions in doing so being that I work out often and rinsing every other day (if speaking of your real hair being cornrowed.... your hair is pretty long so I would assume you are speaking of your real hair)...that it might begin to get frizzy, no?

discodumpling

I appreciate my frizz so as a cornrow wearing person who is very active YES I rinse as needed.Sometimes water only or sometimes co-wash. I reallycan't take a sweaty scalp...

JustSimplyTish

My sister has her hair in cornrows and she works out like crazy....she rinses them often and just puts a little Oil Spritz on her hair to calm the frizz

babygirl_00

Thanks ladies for your replies. I'm going to take them out next wedensday ginving my hair two days to relax stress free before I have them re-done saturday for our trip. I can't stand a sweaty scalp:look:

nikolite

I work out every day, but I never rinse out my cornrows. I've been wearing them as a protective style under wigs at the moment, but even if wearing them out I never do that. Its not necessary to me and they don't look any different or itch any more than they usually would without working out.

I just wash/DC every two weeks as usual (and sometimes re-braid them at the end of a week using the same parts). I honestly like the way my hair gets warm and sweaty because its sorta like a nice steam treatment for my hair. It air dries soon and its fine.

ms.blue

When I do workout, I'll rinse my hair and tie a scarf so it will control the frizziness.