Cornrows

KrimsonKween

I was told with my cornrows that I could wash them. Now my concern is will they get dry. I was thinking of not washing for 2weeks until I take my braid down.

Aslo I was wondering if I should spray with braid spray nightly for moistuer? I am using MTG right now and oiling my scalp. If anyone can help me with a good regi while in cornrows I would appreciate it.

Thanks ladies

I used my spritz mix (water, glycerin, aloe vera juice, eo) to moisturize my braids daily but it may have contributed to the frizzies I got. I tied my hair every night but by 2 weeks they no longer looked good.

Perhaps you could moisturize every other day and use a cotton swab and witch hazel between the braids to get rid of any build up that you have.

Personally, I dont believe the scalp needs to be oiled all that often. Maybe you can dab your oil or growth aid on the scalp with your fingertips without rubbing it in to hard...or spritz your oil or growth aid on your scalp to avoid touching the braids too much..maybe 2-3 a week, and spray the length of your braid with a light misting spray every other day. I get cornrows and they usually last me a month b4 they get fuzzy. Tie them down at night and anytime you're home. As for washing, I would recommend just running shower water over them without any rubbing and all that normal hair washing manipulation, immediatly moisturize, then tie them down asap. I usually go without any rinsing for at least 3 weeks but I'm light on hair products. Stay away from waterbased products and really heavy oily prods. Natural oils are best.

^^^^ great post lovinglength I've been wondering how to keep the cornrows in my avatar moisturised and fresh for the next few weeks.

Back