Best Smelling Hair Oil....

LocksOfLuV

What's the best smelling oil in your opinion? I want a smell that lingers too, something light and not too heavy.

Please no coconut oil!! Me and that stuff aren't friends anymore :nono:

InnerSoul

As far as any oil smelling good and lasting long, the only brand I can think of is Africa's best herbal oil that my mom buys..it smells good. The oils that I use sweet almond oil, extra virgin olive oil and jamaican black castor oil don't have a lingering fragrance to me so I always add essential oils(texas cedarwood for my EVOO and Rose absolute for my sweet almond oil) for added fragrance and benefits.

adw425

Monoi de Tahiti oil

ETA: Oops! Didn't see the line about coconut oil until just now....However, because of the volcanic soil and/or quite possibly the addition of the macerated gardenia petals, this oil gives me a much smoother, softer and silkier result than plain coconut oil.

Last edited:

LocksOfLuV

InnerSoul said:
what happened between you and the coconut oil?

Just leaves my hair sticky now....:ohwell:

Thanks ladies, keep 'em coming. I was thinking about that Monoi oil, but I want stuff that I can buy in person. But I will def. jot that down.

RubyWoo

Jajoba oil-ORS jajoba oil in particular. I love the smell and it's very light and melts right into my hair!

I would've said vatika oil since it's my fav but it has coconut oil in it :p. However, my second fav is definitely jajoba oil.

V

vivadiva85

Um, does scented BT count? I know its a topical growth agent, but it is mostly oil! It smells so good to me. And people always notice it!

preciousjewel76

Africa's Best Ultimate Herbal Oil!!!:love: :love: :love:

Ingredients:
Soy Bean Oil , Walnut Seed Oil , Kiwi Fruit Extract , Olive Fruit Oil , Castor Seed Oil , Sesame Seed Oil , Jojoba Seed Oil , Carrot Seed Oil , Sweet Almond Oil , Tocopheryl Acetate , Safflower Oil , Calendula Extract , Yarrow Extract , Cucumber Extract , Carrageenan Extract , Ginseng Extract , Sage Extract , Comfrey Extract , Aloe Extract , Fragrance

dreysonsmommy2011

Yaki Honey Almond Braid Oil;) It is made for synthetic hair,but since it contains all natural oils and smells so good I use it on my hair. Oh and it is very light not heavy at all

Last edited:

grnidmonster

BrownSkin2 said:
Hot 6 oil. It has a pleasant smell ..smells nutty.

I second Hot Six Oil. I put it on my body after showers and my DH loves it. I know it's cheap but, I think it smells good.

Barbara

Princess
Hairobics Hair Oil and Hairobics Detangler Oil are the best smelling oils I have ever used, then comes Africa's Best Herbal Oil. I'll have to try Hot 6 soon.

Last edited:

Barbara

Princess
nikkipoo said:
Yaki Honey Almond Oil;) It is made for synthetic hair,but since it contains all natural oils and smells so good I use it on my hair. Oh and it is very light not heavy at all

What are the ingredients?

crlsweetie912

LocksOfLuV said:
Just leaves my hair sticky now....:ohwell:

Thanks ladies, keep 'em coming. I was thinking about that Monoi oil, but I want stuff that I can buy in person. But I will def. jot that down.
You can get it at Bath and Body works. My vote is for KeraCare Essentials and close second is Proclaim Natural 7 oil.(Sally's)

preciousjewel76

crlsweetie912 said:
Where do you get this? I have heard about this on the board and haven't heard where you can purchase this.:D

I saw a thread about this not long after I joined. I think it had to be ordered online. You might want to do a search for asante oil for additional info (I can't remember where the members ordered it from).

candy1214

KERACARE Essential Oils is wonderful and the smell lingers for a while. Its a little pricey (12 bucks a bottle), but a little goes a long way.

Divine_Order

Mizani has a scalp oil that my mom uses. It smells really good to me (well, I like the smell of their products anyway). One thing I did notice was that mineral oil is an ingredient. So, even though I've used it on some occassions, it's not a staple of mine.