Argan Oil

Tamrin

unapologetic
I have been using the one from Camden Grey for a while. Im starting to wonder if its right. Its very light and has no odor.

Anyone using Argan oil. Does yours have any distinctive smell. Mine is lighter than corn oil.

mine too doesn't have any odor. I had to look for it and smell it..lol
I get mine from sheabuttercottage

I use it in my food but I buy it from whole foods. It's about $32 a bottle. And yes it does have a nutty smell:yep:

ETA: I use the culinary kind and I believe it's toasted. Not the cosmetic kind which is raw. I'm not sure if that one has a smell.

Last edited:
I use it in my food but I buy it from whole foods. It's about $32 a bottle. And yes it does have a nutty smell:yep:

ETA: I use the culinary kind and I believe it's toasted. Not the cosmetic kind which is raw. I'm not sure if that one has a smell.

Ok Culinary could be the reason it has a smell. TY.

How do you like it?

I got a sample of one n' only Argan Oil from Sally's and I used it on my wet hair prior to my blow dry. I like it. I mixed three drops of it with some Profectiv Megagrowth and my blow dry turned out VERY nice. It smells nice and light too.

Ingredients: Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, C12-14 Alkyl Benzoate, Fragrance, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil (argan oil), Yellow 11, Red 17.

I don't mind cones so it's not an issue, but I think I'd like to try the pure stuff.

Does anybody use a local grocer to get their argan? Not Whole Foods or other chains...middle eastern? The prices being charged are way over the top. Example in comparison, extra virgin coconut oil from some companies proporting to sell pure product never before seen...and just getting it pure at the local Indian grocer...45.00 versus 3.00.

Does anybody use a local grocer to get their argan? Not Whole Foods or other chains...middle eastern? The prices being charged are way over the top. Example in comparison, extra virgin coconut oil from some companies proporting to sell pure product never before seen...and just getting it pure at the local Indian grocer...45.00 versus 3.00.

I buy my pure Argan from Henna Sooq online

The natural scent of pure Argan is nutty, almost musky.

something aint right!!!!!!!!!
Argan oil that I used in Morocco had a smelll... It wasnt too strong but it definetly had a smell.

I have two types of Argan-One is the Virgin Cold pressed (AAA SheaButter) brand purchased at Whole Foods--Its expensive...And it stinks.

The other is the "One and Only" Argan Oil that is sold at Sally's. Not so expensive and smells nice. But it is not 100% Argan.

I will see if I will continue to use after I finish the bottles :S

I use Agadir Argan Oil...love it! Very light and I use it on wet and dry hair. Not sure if it is 100%. I love the smell of the Moroccan Oil the best though.

I have two types of Argan-One is the Virgin Cold pressed (AAA SheaButter) brand purchased at Whole Foods--Its expensive...And it stinks.

The other is the "One and Only" Argan Oil that is sold at Sally's. Not so expensive and smells nice. But it is not 100% Argan.

I will see if I will continue to use after I finish the bottles :S
Why did I get into a mini argument w/the sales lady @ Sally's about their Argan oil? I picked up the bottle, looked @ the ingredients, and sat it back down. She said "that's our MoroccanOil." I said "Yea, I have pure argan oil @ home." She said "Oh this one is pure too." I said, "No it isn't." She said "Yes, it is." I said, "Umm, I just read the ingredients, honey. It's not pure. Besides, if it were actually the pure oil, you all wouldn't be selling it so cheap." :rolleyes: She picked up the bottle and read the ingredients then said, "You're right, it isn't pure. That's false advertisement.":rolleyes::rolleyes: Never argue with a PJ.

The one from Sally's is more like a serum. But it smells nice and is light. The Sally's brand seems to be a copy of the Morrocan oil brand because it smells the same as those products. I really prefer serums so this is good for me.

The one from Sally's is more like a serum. But it smells nice and is light. The Sally's brand seems to be a copy of the Morrocan oil brand because it smells the same as those products. I really prefer serums so this is good for me.

I saw this at Sallys yesterday and was intrigued. How do you use it? By itself or do you add it to other products?

I bought one the smaple sizes from Sally's. pretty good for making my hair feel soft. But it has a lot of cones in it. How is the pure argan oil? Im thinking about ordering some

Subscribing because I wanna know about this oil and will most likely be purchasing it as "one" of my Christmas presents:grin:.

I Got a "Sample" Of the One & Only Argan Oil which came from Folica with my FHI Runway. I like it.:yep:

Also, in the Box was a Coupon for $5.00 off the 3.4 ounce bottle, which would make it around $6.00 plus Shipping.

I used it. Like it. Extremely Lite. But, it's a little "too perfumey" for my taste, although, it works exceptionally well for flat-ironing.

I also have Morrocan Gold, Morrocan Oil.

Will compare both and may end up ordering Pure Argan Oil at some Point.:grin:

Yea I just got a sample from Sally's also. It doesn't smell bad at all. It gives great shine and is suppose to handle frizzes. I use that after airdrying my hair and I haven't noticed any frizzes.

I got a sample of one n' only Argan Oil from Sally's and I used it on my wet hair prior to my blow dry. I like it. I mixed three drops of it with some Profectiv Megagrowth and my blow dry turned out VERY nice. It smells nice and light too.

Ingredients: Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, C12-14 Alkyl Benzoate, Fragrance, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil (argan oil), Yellow 11, Red 17.

I don't mind cones so it's not an issue, but I think I'd like to try the pure stuff.

So does this mean it is ok to put oil on your hair before flat ironing or only Argan oil can be used before heat? Or are we talking about after heat?

I Got a "Sample" Of the One & Only Argan Oil which came from Folica with my FHI Runway. I like it.:yep:

Also, in the Box was a Coupon for $5.00 off the 3.4 ounce bottle, which would make it around $6.00 plus Shipping.

I used it. Like it. Extremely Lite. But, it's a little "too perfumey" for my taste, although, it works exceptionally well for flat-ironing.

I also have Morrocan Gold, Morrocan Oil.

Will compare both and may end up ordering Pure Argan Oil at some Point.:grin:

Back