Are you having success with Castor Oil?

Ann816

Hi Ladies:

Please tell us if you are having success using castor oil. If you are having success please tell us how you use your castor oil and explain your positive results.

Thanks!

Ann

CaliDiamond

I use castor oil on my edges and to seal in my moisturizers. It has thickened my ends and I see waaaay less splits since I started using it 3 mos ago.

Aspire

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it. CO or JBCO. I use it to seal, add to conditioner, pre-poo, add to Ayurveda pastes. It makes my hair incredibly soft and enables it to retain moisture. My hair used to get very frizzy with the slightest hint of moisture but not anymore. I really think the CO is the reason for this, because when I slack off I can tell the difference.

I do want to say that I do not use ANY direct heat on my hair. I only use heat in the conditioning process. IMO, I think CO with direct heat might be seriously damaging.

Ann816

Has anyone else heard that castor oil and direct heat is damaging? I usually add castor oil to my conditioner and sit under the dryer for 15-30 minutes. Need to know if this is damaging to my hair.

Thanks!

Ann

kandigyrl

Has anyone else heard that castor oil and direct heat is damaging? I usually add castor oil to my conditioner and sit under the dryer for 15-30 minutes. Need to know if this is damaging to my hair.

Thanks!

Ann

I don't think sitting under the dryer is direct heat. I could be wrong though.:ohwell:

Aspire

Thanks!

Ann

I use it this way as well. I have not had any damage with this at all. I was referring more to direct heat with FOs or Hair dryers. I think the CO would make your hair WAY to hot - basically frying it. But this is just my opinion based on I am too chicken to try it. Some other ladies may have had success with it.

Nice Lady

Thanks!

Ann

I don't want to be rude but that is so NOT TRUE. Castor oil has a high boiling point--so that will not happen. I use it for hot oil treatments and even have heard others including myself used it in addition to heat protectant to protect hair and nothing happened.

fyb87

I use castor oil and I love how soft it makes my hair feel when I use it to moisturize my ends. I also, use it in my deep treatments.

sheba1

Since there are so many castor oil lovers in this thread, thought I'd let you all know about a bulk oil distributor that sells a gallon of castor oil for $14.70. 1 gallon is the smallest they sell and the shipping is kind of pricey, but it works out to be a steal, all the same. Good service, fast shipping. They have other oils also (jojoba, almond, Avocado, etc.)

http://www.bulknaturaloilsstore.com/castoroil-1-1-1.aspx

foxee

I use a mixture of castor oil and MegaTek on my edges. So far they've filling in very nicely.

Opey

I loved castor oil, but its made my hair too thick and dense so i stopped (i was applying it all over my head)
i can post before and after pictures

Oasis

grabbing life by the pussy
I hardly use it any more but I had to be very careful with it.

When I used just the right amount it left my hair soft and supple. Too much left me greasy and too little left me crunchy.

beans4reezy

I use it on my edges and they are filling in. I am now using on my scalp and to seal my ends. This stuff is a miracle worker.

Ann816

Hi Ladies:

For those of you that think castor oil is too greasy, try adding it to your water spray bottle...it works wonders! :yep: You can also try mixing it with your final conditioner...your hair will feel like silk! :yep:

Ann

I hardly use it any more but I had to be very careful with it.

When I used just the right amount it left my hair soft and supple. Too much left me greasy and too little left me crunchy.

Essensual

I have mine in a color bottle mixed half and half with coconut oil. I'm really enjoying the blend.

Not too thick, not to thin, and easy accurate application.

Letta

so far my mom and I are doing well with it. She said she wished she had started using it earlier. She had forgotten she bought it. It was randomly near the sink in the kitchen and she started using it and had an immediate response. She said it was better then the EVOO and Grapeseed oil she was using. She said she probably needed sumthin heavier.

For me my hair sucked it up lik it was in the Sahara and the castor oil was a oasis with a waterfall:grin: it instantly made my ends curl up *idk if thats a good thing or not* but my hair has been looking very good so far. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that its not a fluke

bablou00

i keep on forgetting about castor oil so I put it by my bathroom sink so I will remember to use it before I go to bed. That is a new goal of mine. I used it when I first BC'd and it really helped with my hair....dont know why I stopped. I plan on using it again!!!

Ann816

Whew...THANK YOU I was starting to get worried! :look:

Ann

I don't want to be rude but that is so NOT TRUE. Castor oil has a high boiling point--so that will not happen. I use it for hot oil treatments and even have heard others including myself used it in addition to heat protectant to protect hair and nothing happened.

Desarae

My fav oil when I was natural, my fav oil for my dd's natural hair.

Love it and recommend it to anybody.

NikStarrr

It's worked great when I use it for natural styles. But when my hair is straight--NO. It's too heavy, and makes my hair stiff-ish.