Castor Oil

PrettyBrownEyes

[ QUOTE ]
Spagirl said:
I just started using this (Palma Chrisiti castor oil) last night mixed with Jojoba and Rosemary oils on my daughters scalp. She's still has the scalp irritation caused by her sensitivity to Surge.
I'm hoping it work as my last attempt to combat this before taking her to a dermatologist.

Edited to add: This morning her scalp looks much better. I guess that's because of the oil being so heavy it's masking the dry flaky looking patches...I know it's tooooo early to tell but so far so good.

[/ QUOTE ]

You used Surge on your daughter's scalp? How old is she? What kind of irritation is she having?

PrettyBrownEyes

[ QUOTE ]
Cat_Eyed_Cutie said:
How are you all using the castor oil? On your ends? On your scalp? Hot oil treatments? Do you find it harder to wash your hair cause you use an oil thats so heavy, or do you just clarify more often?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've heard that Castor Oil is good on Coarse hair as a pre-treatment before shampooing, it's supposed to soften it.

Spagirl

[ QUOTE ]
PrettyBrownEyes said:
[ QUOTE ]
Spagirl said:
I just started using this (Palma Chrisiti castor oil) last night mixed with Jojoba and Rosemary oils on my daughters scalp. She's still has the scalp irritation caused by her sensitivity to Surge.
I'm hoping it work as my last attempt to combat this before taking her to a dermatologist.

Edited to add: This morning her scalp looks much better. I guess that's because of the oil being so heavy it's masking the dry flaky looking patches...I know it's tooooo early to tell but so far so good.

[/ QUOTE ]

You used Surge on your daughter's scalp? How old is she? What kind of irritation is she having?

[/ QUOTE ]

My 9 yr old is experiencing the same thing Boadicea experienced (please see thread). The only difference is that my daughter problem still continues (not as traumatic looking as it was in the beginning) and she has lost a little hair (hair thinner in that area). I'm attending to it more closely now since I've notice it has spread (the flaking is spreading to more areas). It doesn't sting her any more but if I don't see more changes for the better soon next week I'll be making her an appointment to see a dermatologist for sure.

Edited to add: Boadicea has pictures of her experience on her "Hair Gallery" link. Check her "Month progress" folder.

hotshot

[ QUOTE ]
PrettyBrownEyes said:
[ QUOTE ]
Cat_Eyed_Cutie said:
How are you all using the castor oil? On your ends? On your scalp? Hot oil treatments? Do you find it harder to wash your hair cause you use an oil thats so heavy, or do you just clarify more often?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've heard that Castor Oil is good on Coarse hair as a pre-treatment before shampooing, it's supposed to soften it.

[/ QUOTE ]
true. i mix it with honey and aloe for a preshampoo weekly. it makes it ridiculously soft, almost scary because i feel it could break easier.

G

So the Castor Oil I should look for is the dark kind right? I should make sure it is Jamaican or Haitian...hmm there are Haitain stores in my area...

ladieluv

Somebody once posted something about rubbing castor oil on their eyelashes to make them grow. Have any of you tried that?

Isis

Yes, I remove my eye makeup with it and it's true, it makes your eyelashes longer and thicker. Eyebrows too.

qtpi

Wait! The castor oil I saw was an expectorant, but said it was pure castor oil. Could this be used or should I look for something else? Something was added to improve the smell too.