Castor Oil Question

Wildchild453

When I hit waist I stop
Have many of you guys experience success with castor oil? How do you use it as a hot oil treatment or what? BIG question, does it make your hair smell? I wouldn't be able to take it if it made my hair smell /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif

sengschick

The Bun Master
Mine must be refined, b/c it's just super thick, but clear and devoid of aroma. It's cold pressed and cold processed, so it should still have some medicinal value. It's a bit heavy for my hair, so I use it w/avocado oil as a hairdressing. I use it at night before I put my hair up and after I wash my hair along w/leave-ins. I know people here (LHCF) that use it on their scalp directly and report it aids in growth and even helped thinning spots. It's a staple for me as I use it now /images/graemlins/wink.gif. I'm not keen on putting anything much on my scalp.

ms_kenesha

I have the same kind as Seng and I put it on my damp hair at night and then sleep with a plastic baggy on and my hair is supermoist when I wake up, the only thing is what to do after that.

LABETT

I use more to strengthen my hairline I use the Home Health Brand from the Vitamin Shoppe.

KAddy

This is what I posted in the other thread. I just realized last night that the oil I have been using on my scalp has castor oil in it.

[ QUOTE ]
I found this in my search for information on Castor Oil. It was on a website about Egyptian Beauty Secrets

<font color="blue">The following formula can be used to stimulate hair growth or merely to improve the texture and appearance of one's hair. Almond Oil and Castor Oil were among the vegetable oils used by the Egyptians. Castor Oil is frequently used in an attempt to encourage hair growth but it has a very viscous texture. Mixing it with the Sweet Almond Oil will improve the aroma and make the resulting oil smoother and more easily spread. However, if you wish to somewhat reproduce the stickiness and "tacky" feel of resin from the original formula, eliminate the Sweet Almond Oil and double the proportion of Castor.</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
I use it to seal my ends at night before I put my hair in a baggie and in my nape area to aid growth. I also put it in my combo of oils I use for a hot oil treatment.

sengschick

The Bun Master
[ QUOTE ]
www.Blackherbals.com

Has anyone ever heard of this site? They sell "Black Castor Oil, Unrefined 100% natural"

[/ QUOTE ]
Isn't this the kind that has a scent? I have Palma Christi, it's pretty reasonable and lasts forever. I did see some at an Indian grocer tonight along w/the Sweet Almond Oil.

Valerie

Yes, I use it twice a day, once in the morning and once at night, putting it on roots and my ends. Mix it with a little olive oil. It thickens my hair.

KAddy

I decided to just purchase the cold pressed cold processed kind from a health store. I bought a 32 oz bottle for 8.95. I put some in a small bottle (about 4 oz) and added some rosemary to it. I put some on my scalp and hair last night and massaged for a while.

I meant to get lavendar too, but I know I have some already (at my dad's home). In fact I have rosemary, ylang ylang, lavendar, and a few other eo's. I just wonder if they are still good. What's the life span on EO's??