Castor Oil

Armyqt

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
pebbles said:
That was pretty good, Marabou1. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Pebbles, I didn't know you were Haitian.

pebbles

Hey Armyqt,/images/graemlins/wave.gif

Yes, my parents are/were haitian, (my father died.) I was born here in the states, but I know the language and was raised in the culture. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

PapillionRouge

Thanx Marabou /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sak Passe 2 toute Haitienne yo ki sou board sa! Jacmel represent! /images/graemlins/grin.gif LOL!

PapillionRouge

Meinzzfuture said:
Yes Castor Oil is huile masqueti or huile palma christi. Caramele, honey deal with the smell and be prepared for growth. when my hair finshes growing people will stop smelling the stench of my hair products.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL!

skegeesmb

I was just wondering is Creole written differently than French? Because I understand what you guys are saying, but I thought the spelling was along the lines of written French.

Sorry to get off topic.

daviine

We've been off topic for a minute Skee----nice seeing you again /images/graemlins/wave.gif

Creole isn't really standardized. They have been trying to make it standard but its spelled more phonetically.

LondonDiva

caramelle said:
Meinzzfuture said:
Yes Castor Oil is huile masqueti or huile palma christi. Caramele, honey deal with the smell and be prepared for growth. when my hair finshes growing people will stop smelling the stench of my hair products.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL!

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there anywhere online that you can buy haitian castor oil. This stuff sounds really good /images/graemlins/smile.gif I've done a search on the net with both names but nothing /images/graemlins/nono.gif

Armyqt

I understand your frustration LD. I did the same thing, but to no avail /images/graemlins/crazy.gif. Anyone ever heard of a brand of castor oil called E K O.

marabou1

Hi LondonDiva/Armyqt:

I'm almost positive you won't find it online, but I remember going to this Haitian store and they had the one called palma christi. I'll go sometime this weekend to find out where he ordered it from.

Also, the only other way I can think of besides the places I suggested earlier is to just ask a haitian friend or a friend who knows anyone who is haitian or dominican in your area.

I'll update after asking store owner. Boston is small, so maybe one of the other women from big cities like NY will know better.

sweetdaises2000

Do all types of Castor Oil hold the same benefits? Just wondering because I have one that comes in a small container and the brand is African Pride and it smells a little like coconut. /images/graemlins/lick.gif

LondonDiva

sweetdaisies we are talking about castor oil in the pure forms. Castor oil products like the african pride etc have small quantities in it and doesn't have the same benefits as it's mixed with other ingredients.

LondonDiva

Well basically the castor oil we are discussing is pure. It has NOTHING added to it. there are different types on the board, like the haitian ones that are being discussed which are different in terms of colour, smell and their effectiveness. i have a yellow thick castor oil, (the colour of olive oil) that smells lightly nutty. The haitian one sounds to be very good, and i really want to get my hands on some /images/graemlins/smile.gif the African Pride one IMO will not benefit your hair like these ones will, as like i said before, they are mixed with so many other synthetic ingredients that it won't be effective.

marabou1

LondonDiva:

Sounds like you have a good one. It's supposed to have a nutty smell. /images/graemlins/up.gif

-Marabou

happylocks

I have never gotten to use the pure castor oil, I have used only Humco castor oil 4oz(odorless-tasteless ) it still gives the itches,
, what about going to a mexican food store or african food store, does anyone know any from there ty

Karonica

Right now, I use LeKair castor oil.

Can anyone tell me, what is "terpineol"? It's an ingredient in the LeKair version, and it makes me wary for some reason.

hotshot

i got mine at a health food store, edgar cayce's kind, called Heritage brand palma christi oil. its very thick and i plan to use it when i after seeing the results of surge for a month

Dutchess

I am currently using a Castor Oil from Hollywood Beauty. It comes in a jar, I get it from Sav-On for $3.18. I only use it on my end, like the last 2-3 inches of my hair. It moisturizes, conditions, heals and help with breakage. I'm on my 3rd jar, so I have made this part of my regime. I don't know the last time I saw a split end, or have needed a trim.

hotshot

okay, so after realizing i had the wrong kind, i went out to find the dark west indian kind. hooray- there's a small bottle of jamaican brand black castor oil at my health food store. cant wait to use it !

happylocks

Ok I have my Castor oil what r some of the things I can do with it, how often should I used it, The Palma Christi Castor Oil, Hexane from Heritage, it says pure, thanks

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
I've not used it in a while, b/c I'm not growing. But it's good for:

thining hairlines: rub each night at the temple/sides to stimulate growth

as a pomade: lightly oil scalp or mix w/ other oils.

for dry skin patches

Spagirl

I just started using this (Palma Chrisiti castor oil) last night mixed with Jojoba and Rosemary oils on my daughters scalp. She's still has the scalp irritation caused by her sensitivity to Surge.
I'm hoping it work as my last attempt to combat this before taking her to a dermatologist.

Edited to add: This morning her scalp looks much better. I guess that's because of the oil being so heavy it's masking the dry flaky looking patches...I know it's tooooo early to tell but so far so good.

daviine

I think the Jamaican castor oil and the Haitian Cstor oil are equivalent. I think I've seen it sold as "Jamaican Haitian Castor Oil" in some of the BSS out here.

Cat_Eyed_Cutie

How are you all using the castor oil? On your ends? On your scalp? Hot oil treatments? Do you find it harder to wash your hair cause you use an oil thats so heavy, or do you just clarify more often?