Anyone have bad effects from using BT?

Kookie

I also noticed breakage using this. My edges are thinning and I would see short peices of hair coming off when I would apply it to my edges (even though I moisturized the area consistently). I have stopped using it and now use Vatika Oil, but I'm having the same problem with seeing broken hairs come off when I apply the Vatika Oil.

Same here. I have concluded that I must be allergic to sulfur products.
I noticed breakage on the edges (when there was none before).

As well--FOR ME--I would get scalp sores in the places I applied the sulfur.

I tested this fact also by using Sulfur 8 hair grease...I STILL got the sores on my scalp.

So now...I just stay away from it altogether.
No huge deal...
You never know until you try it, though.

rak1209

Yes I broke out from it, I also had the same reaction from MTG so it must be the sulfur. But I notice that growth aids don't work for me I tried Mn, MTG, Bt, nothing works

mica

You ladies arent alone. MTG caused a hideous rash all over my neck and face. I had hope for BT but.....no luck. It caused the same horrible reaction. :nono: I had to add sulfur to the list of other products I am allergic to( perfume, nickel, citris oils etc. ). If you suffer from dermititis or other skin allergies do a skin test first. It seems 90% of the users are okay but be safe.

BTW...I am still torn about MN. I havent tried it yet but I really want to. I was hoping someone might have had success with it that didnt respond well to the other sulfur products.

RegaLady

No problem here, except I am wearing a sew in , and I put some under my weave. They make my weave look like silky shoe strings, and very greasy. But, my real hair is happy!

Aggie

I love Boundless tresses. I have the scentless one and I've had no issues with it at all. You have to shake the bottle up everytime you use it to blend the sulfur with the oil and apply from a color applicator bottle and VOILA! Easy.

Cassandra1975

Just be aware because you never know if you have a sulfur allergy and can get a reaction if you use too much
This is probably the cause of a lot of "bad" reactions. People who really haven't used sulfur before, won't know that they are allergic. If you use it every night, that's such a large dose, your body is not ready. That will happen with any topical sulfur application, especially if it really is sulfur and not watered down with a bunch of other ingredients.

As for the jewerly, soak it in a mixture of hot water, baking powder, and a piece of foil. I had a ring that turned black and I got it back to silver. That is the natural reaction of sulfur and silver. If your jewerly is really dark, or has been like that for a while, you'll have to soak it several times.