Boundless Tresses... Have to use forever?

FactoryMouse77

Here is a question for all BT users (experienced). On growthspecifics web site it CLEARLY says that discontinued use will not lead to excess shedding, or loss of hair. However, my mother was speaking with her beautician about the product (simply saying that she was interested in using a Hair Growth Serum), and the beautician said that ALL hair growth serums have to be used for LIFE. She compared it to rogaine.

Has anyone discontinued BT and had any NEGATIVE side effects?:perplexed

yodie

Guess Naturallady can better explain this.

Ya know, I wouldn't have a problem using it for life. As long as it works.
I liken it to eating healthy for life vs. going on a diet. But I know thats just me.

I really hope it works for your mom. It's been a great help to me. I even passed it onto my mom.

blueabyss333

Did she mean that you have to use it in order for your hair to keep growing? (Of course we know are hair will keep growing, but you know...)

FactoryMouse77

Did she mean that you have to use it in order for your hair to keep growing? (Of course we know are hair will keep growing, but you know...)

No this woman says my hair will fall off if i don't keep using it...
Like rogaine (supposedly). I'm not hip to the benefits/set-backs of rogain either...

blazingthru

Just like MTG and BT I used it for a period of time and stopped using it with no ill side affects, no breakage, no shedding hair nothing. I just kept on going. I havent used any growth serums since Jan when I order the BT and I only used that for a month. The stuff you are talking about isn't that a chemical? If so I would think it will help for a moment but when you stop its all downhill. Products like those I dont' even bother with.

Iluvsmuhgrass

In my experience no. I stopped using BT for a month and some change because I had alot going on but no negative experiences at all. :)

SparklingFlame

Nah....that is so not true. I am afraid ol girl doenst know what she is talking about. Rogaine has chemicals a hormones in it and I am sure that if you stop using it something drastic may happen. Dont quote me b/c I am not an expert on Rogaine. BUT BT is all natural and nothing drastic will happen if you stop using it. How do I know? B/c I havent used BT in about, say....8 weeks and I havent had any shedding at all beyond the normal every day stuff. HTH!

FactoryMouse77

Nah....that is so not true. I am afraid ol girl doenst know what she is talking about. Rogaine has chemicals a hormones in it and I am sure that if you stop using it something drastic may happen. Dont quote me b/c I am not an expert on Rogaine. BUT BT is all natural and nothing drastic will happen if you stop using it. How do I know? B/c I havent used BT in about, say....8 weeks and I havent had any shedding at all beyond the normal every day stuff. HTH!

Good to hear ! Thanks Ladies!

yodie

Sounds great!!

BrownSkin2

I used it for 2 months and stopped. I did have a negative reation. After I stopped use, my scalp was sore and had some burning sensations for up to a month afterwards, and my neck broke out in a little ache rash when it got on it. I sum it up to I must be allergic to sulfur. :perplexed

I didn't notice any excessive shedding when I stopped though.

neonbright

I love the stuff, I use it on my edges and mainly on my daughter spot and it is great. I have stop using it and my edges is still growing fast and strong, but I am going to get the balm in the jar now, I am hooked for life anyway.

Windsy

I wouldn't mind using it for LIFE it that was the case. I love the way my scalp feel and I don't itch.

SparklingFlame

I used it for 2 months and stopped. I did have a negative reation. After I stopped use, my scalp was sore and had some burning sensations for up to a month afterwards, and my neck broke out in a little ache rash when it got on it. I sum it up to I must be allergic to sulfur. :perplexed

I didn't notice any excessive shedding when I stopped though.
Yep. You are allergic. Classic symptoms. I am sorry to hear you went thru all that though. :yep:

HoneyDew

First of all I am mad that she compared it to Rogaine. :spinning:

Rogaine, when used by people who have natural or hereditary hair loss do have to use it (or anything else) for life in most cases because they just have to. Those people have hair loss that is not like traction alopecia that is caused by how the person cares to their hair.

Besides most people that I can tell, are using BT and other aids, not to remedy or prevent that kind of hair loss. Most of us have no problem growing our own hair, right? BT and other aids just makes it faster. For those fixing hair line hair loss and hair loss from relaxer damage or whatever, that is different from the hair loss that Rogaine was meant for.

I am not using any growth aids, but I have in the past (although not BT). I never had any problem after I stopped. I only used aids for about 3 months, though.