Any thoughts on Maximum Hydration Method

ajoke

Ladies, can I use green clay or cassia or someone to substitute for the bentonite? I am currently doing this on my daughters hair right now and I have a mud product I was going to use, but I see it has SLS in it and I don't have time to get bentonite.

crimsonpeach

Master Lurker
For the ones who are doing this. How long does it take to complete all steps from start to finish?

The first time was about 4 hours. Mainly because I was mixing as I went instead of preparing ahead of time and the wait time for the cherry Lola is 1-2 hours. By the fourth time I had it down to 2 1/2. I DC''ed for longer though because I was doing things around my house. I prepared better and the detangling was a breeze. I know I can get that time down with decreasing the wait times and modifying.

shelli4018

I split the process up. In the evening I clarify, cowash, then DC overnight. Clarifying takes an hour because I leave the mixture on my hair while I do other things around the house.

In the morning I do the rinse, mud wash for 15-20 minutes then apply my leave in and gel. The last step takes roughly 20 minutes. The longer I smooth my hair the better the definition. In total I spend less than an hour actively "doing something." The rest of the time is passively waiting.

The next day I just spritz water on my hair and fluff it out to get rid of bed head. Takes less than 5 minutes since I'm currently wearing a rapidly growing tapered cut.

Last edited:

Guinan

Re-Branding
Do you have to use baking soda. Or can you sub the baking soda for the ACV? I'm buying my ingredients today. 1st I'm going to go to Target to get the Tressume conditioner, and then I'm heading over to the Vitamin shoppe to get some flaxseeds, vit e, lavender oil, clay and more Giovanni leave-in.

I really cant wait to use this.

Guinan

Re-Branding
For the ladies that is using ACV instead of the baking soda; what is your mixture? And how long are you leaving that in?

shelli4018

Do you have to use baking soda. Or can you sub the baking soda for the ACV? I'm buying my ingredients today. 1st I'm going to go to Target to get the Tressume conditioner, and then I'm heading over to the Vitamin shoppe to get some flaxseeds, vit e, lavender oil, clay and more Giovanni leave-in.

I really cant wait to use this.

I used ACV the first week (excluding the CL treatment). It worked just fine. But I question the efficacy of ACV as a cleanser/clarifier now. I suppose it's fine if you don't have a lot of build up.

faithVA

Does anyone skip the bentonite clay or replace it with something else? And yea, I know that goes against following it to the letter, but i wanna know durn it lol

I am currently not doing the clay step but I also don't have definition. I wouldn't replace it with anything. That would be. counterproductive. You may not hydrate as quickly without the clay step.

SimplyWhole

I'm on Day 4. So far so good. The first day is the longest because you are mixing all the products. I started this morning at 7:00 and I have had the mud on for 45 minutes. I used rhassoul clay. I will use another clay when it is all gone.

Days 1 and 2 my after the clay rinse my hair felt coated. Day 3 that coated feeling was gone and it was nicely moisturized. I redid the Cherry Lola regimen today because I skipped on yesterday.

My hair does not like the diluted LI or diluted gel. I was hopeful because diluting it will save me money. I do use the Anthony Dickey method after applying the gel by lightly rinsing before shaking.

myfaithrising

Ladies, can I use green clay or cassia or someone to substitute for the bentonite? I am currently doing this on my daughters hair right now and I have a mud product I was going to use, but I see it has SLS in it and I don't have time to get bentonite.

Yes, you can use any pure clay, it doesn't have to be bentonite. I use rhassoul clay as well. The sls will be a no no though

myfaithrising

^^ I don't believe you're suppose to do the CL treatment everyday.

You are absolutely right, the Cherry Lola Treatment should be spaced at least two weeks apart. If you're protein sensitive you can do it as little as a few times a year. The regimen calls for a diluted baking soda, conditioner mix as step 1 after the initial treatment

myfaithrising

For the ones who are doing this. How long does it take to complete all steps from start to finish?

I usually do the split, but I did it in one shot once and it took almost 3 hours, half hour for the baking soda mix, an hour for the dc, half an hour for the clay and another half hour or so for the gel step. I may try the modified version to see if I can save more time

myfaithrising

Ladies, flaxseed gel has been great especially since this regimen relies so heavily on gel. If you use kc cc like I do it will save lots of $$.

AJellyCake

Yesterday was my first day and I had the worst wash n go ever. Like everrrrr. Super dry. I think it was the Giovanni gel and leave in because everything was fine before that step. So I'm going back to KCKT and KCCC.

ajoke

Yes, you can use any pure clay, it doesn't have to be bentonite. I use rhassoul clay as well. The sls will be a no no though

Thanks I did use the green clay and it worked well. Her hair feels a bit dry to me though. I will try on Monday with acv to see if it's a better fit.

SpiritJunkie

I'm trying this today and pray for positive results. I bought everything as per the list. I got european clay and giovanni gel. I'm not fond of gel but let's see how this pans out. will keep ya posted.

nomadpixi

Has anyone tried the steps out of order? I was on Danabnaturals and she does the clay step before the conditioner step. I'm about to try it that way right now. also looking for gel recipes.

myfaithrising

myfaithrising Do you find your homemade Flax Seed Gel works just as good or better than KCCC? What is your recipe? Thanks!

My FSG works well on its own, although if I need extra hold/definition, I'll layer it under diluted KCCC. I make huge batches so I start with 4 cups of a tea blend, I cup of marshmallow root dedoction, one teaspoon of Irish moss and one cup of flaxseeds. I add the seeds to the liquid and when it starts to foam I start checking it because if you let it go too long, it's impossible to strain. When it starts to get thick, I strain, it will thicken more as it cools. I blend with a couple tablespoons of oil and a teaspoon or so of honeyquat. I have added essential oils but it stung my eyes so I stopped. I store them in 16oz bottles, keeping one out and freezing the rest.

Petite One

I'm on day 3 of this regimen. The biggest issue that I'm having is that my hair stays wet FOREVER. I'm mostly 3c with a patch of 4a at the crown and I found that my 4a hair dries pretty quickly while the 3c just won't give up the H2O. The definition all over is great and my hair is looking better hydrated but I'm struggling with the lo po issue of hair that just won't dry. I can't imagine going into winter like this. Anyone have this problem following the mhm regimen?

crimsonpeach

Master Lurker
I'm on day 3 of this regimen. The biggest issue that I'm having is that my hair stays wet FOREVER. I'm mostly 3c with a patch of 4a at the crown and I found that my 4a hair dries pretty quickly while the 3c just won't give up the H2O. The definition all over is great and my hair is looking better hydrated but I'm struggling with the lo po issue of hair that just won't dry. I can't imagine going into winter like this. Anyone have this problem following the mhm regimen?

I have this problem also in one spot of my head. 12 hours later still wet. I'm going to invest in a diffuser to hit the roots. Especially for when the weather starts going down.

Petite One

I have this problem also in one spot of my head. 12 hours later still wet. I'm going to invest in a diffuser to hit the roots. Especially for when the weather starts going down.

Thanks for the tip. If my hair doesn't correct by the time cool weather sets in, I'm going to invest in a diffuser also.

Last edited: