Indian Healing Clay = SOFT HAIR

leigh.hill

I read the thread on the Maximum Hydration Method (I think that's what it's called). Decided it was too many steps, but I was curious about some of the products, especially the Indian Healing Clay. It was only $8 so I decided to try it after doing some internet research. I followed the directions on the jar, applied the paste to my hair AND face (oh yeah it works as a mask too), rinsed in the shower after 20 minutes and I could not believe how soft my hair and face felt.

Conclusion: The clay acts as a clarifying shampoo according to some websites that I read. It pulls impurities from the hair and skin. IDK why I can't use it every week, but I will continue to use it on my hair once a month and face once a week. The BEST product I have bought for my hair and face in a long long long long time.

Just sharing :)

BostonMaria

I read the thread on the Maximum Hydration Method (I think that's what it's called). Decided it was too many steps, but I was curious about some of the products, especially the Indian Healing Clay. It was only $8 so I decided to try it after doing some internet research. I followed the directions on the jar, applied the paste to my hair AND face (oh yeah it works as a mask too), rinsed in the shower after 20 minutes and I could not believe how soft my hair and face felt.

Conclusion: The clay acts as a clarifying shampoo according to some websites that I read. It pulls impurities from the hair and skin. IDK why I can't use it every week, but I will continue to use it on my hair once a month and face once a week. The BEST product I have bought for my hair and face in a long long long long time.

I used to use this clay a few years ago when I was a pj. I'll have to revisit this product. Where'd you buy yours? I used to buy it at whole foods.

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
I need to revisit also. Been meaning to for a while. When I did use it, my hair was very soft. I also think that's what makes DB's Hair Mask so magical on my hair, it contains clay.

CocoGlow

leigh.hill

You can use it more often than once a month ... the ladies on the Max Hydration Method use it about every 3-5 days in conjunction with other steps .. in fact they use it every day for 7 days in the beginning of the MHM process ...

Even though Bentonite Clay & other clays pull out impurities, they are gentle and nothing at all like Shampoo ...On the MHM, the Clay Treatment recipe calls for additional ingredients (Olive Oil + Honey + Warm Water) to buffer any drying effects from the clay ...so if you use it like that you can certainly use it more often if you like :yep:

Angelicus

I haven't done it for a while, but when I used to use it, it left my hair soft and clean.

empressri recommends mixing it with marshmallow root powder for slip.

CocoGlow

I haven't done it for a while, but when I used to use it, it left my hair soft and clean.

empressri recommends mixing it with marshmallow root powder for slip.

Angelicus

I wonder if the Marshmallow Root Powder would be hard to rinse out? I'd probably make a tea out of the actual Marshmallow Root Herb (it has mucilage that is great for slip) and use that as my liquid for the Clay instead of adding the powder. Either way, soft/clean hair is awesome! :yep:

CocoGlow

Lucie

I think Clay treatments would be great for Relaxed hair too ... I don't think it contains anything that would be damaging to Relaxed tresses ... some transitioners use it to make dealing with their new growth easier! Sorry, I tried to do a Youtube search but most people using it are natural :drunk:

Holla

How are people applying it to their hair? Relaxer style where you part in sections and apply?

leigh.hill

CocoGlow
Holla
I did not read that the mask was for a particular hair type. I saw websites from white women and black women who wanted a natural clarifying shampoo. Applying the mask can get messy. Cover your shirt with a towel.