Any thoughts on Maximum Hydration Method

CocoGlow

I make my clay in batches using an old tresemme bottle, whenever I go to use it, it explodes like it had built up gasses in it and if I'm not careful there is mud everywhere. Does this happen to anyone else? I don't think I've ever heard anyone mention it

No I have never had this happen. But I have started leaving the top open to prevent the smell when I don't refrigerate it.

myfaithrising I use an old VO5 Conditioner bottle and lately it has been doing the same thing ... swelling up like gas is building or something ... I think it has to do with the cold air because it was not doing this in the Summer ... also, my mix is drying out more and takes more work to get smooth with this colder temperature :sad:

I'm going to try keeping the top open like faithVA to prevent the gas buildup and funky smell ... hope it works

faithVA

myfaithrising I use an old VO5 Conditioner bottle and lately it has been doing the same thing ... swelling up like gas is building or something ... I think it has to do with the cold air because it was not doing this in the Summer ... also, my mix is drying out more and takes more work to get smooth with this colder temperature :sad:

I'm going to try keeping the top open like faithVA to prevent the gas buildup and funky smell ... hope it works

Let us know how it works out. I want to make bigger batches but I don't like keeping my stuff in the refrigerator.

I may make a batch today and try it.

GGsKin

I make my clay in batches using an old tresemme bottle, whenever I go to use it, it explodes like it had built up gasses in it and if I'm not careful there is mud everywhere. Does this happen to anyone else? I don't think I've ever heard anyone mention it

This hasn't happened to me and I use a large applicator bottle for mine. Although I try to mix a single batch at a time. If there are any leftovers, it tends to thicken up over time, so when I do open the bottle, I have to add more water.

myfaithrising

For those of you using shampoo bars or soap, how long does it take for your cuticles to open?

I use it like I do the baking soda/conditioner combo. I apply to dry hair and let it sit for 20-30 minutes before rinsing and applying my warm conditioner. Works every time

MaraWithLove

I haven't experienced this, but I've been keeping mine in an old DC container. Maybe if you have an old hair gel container or something round you could try keeping it that way?

MaraWithLove

I'm trying mhm in the evening today instead of morning like I usually do. Think I'll make some more flaxseed gel tomorrow and make it slightly thicker this time.

faithVA

A wng would be nice but I would love to be able to wash my/rinse my hair while in twist. I envy ladies that can twist and wear their hair that way for weeks. Maybe one day.

GettingKinky

I finally finished reading this thread. And my clay just arrived from amazon. Now I'm wondering will the clay clog my pipes? My shower already drains slowly, I don't want to make it worse.

fasika

Kckt doesn't really much for my 4c hair. U only use it as a leave bc I have 2 bottles that I want to use up. And even then I pair it with mhm approved camille rose products:perplexed

I tried it again today after I shampooed, and I definitely like it better. I don't love it, but my hair felt nice afterwards. Detangling was a breeze, and I used a small amount of product - much much less than I do of regular conditioner. It might be something that I'll learn to love over time, or I'll end up abandoning it.

With that said, I just got the Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle conditioner to compare. If I fall in love with it, the KCKT is going right back to Whole Foods. :nono:. For that price, I expected hairgasm.

myfaithrising

For those of you using shampoo bars or soap, how long does it take for your cuticles to open?

I use it like I do the baking soda/conditioner combo. I apply to dry hair and let it sit for 20-30 minutes before rinsing and applying my warm conditioner. Works every time

snoop

I did it on the boys' hair yesterday. The results on the baby's hair was amazing. Both had very dry hair (I take full responsibility for that) but his clumped right to the roots. The best it's evert looked. The bigger one needs a few more sessions for his hair to be fully moisturized but his curls started coming back. I'll try the ACV on his hair next instead of the baking soda to see if that makes a difference.

SpiceUpMyHair

faithVA
I just meant that its just ok. It wasn't as moisturizing like everybody says. I tried it steaming and dcing overnight and it was just ok. I also tried jessicurl too shea and naturelle grow hibiscus and orange with great success. This weekend I tried mhm approved tresemme naturals and I loved it. So I think it's just the kckt that not for me. My sister says the same thing about kckt.

faithVA

faithVA
I just meant that its just ok. It wasn't as moisturizing like everybody says. I tried it steaming and dcing overnight and it was just ok. I also tried jessicurl too shea and naturelle grow hibiscus and orange with great success. This weekend I tried mhm approved tresemme naturals and I loved it. So I think it's just the kckt that not for me. My sister says the same thing about kckt.

Have you tried it as a leave in? I guess I don't get trying to use it as a conditioner. It doesn't have a conditioner base to it like the others.

SpiceUpMyHair

faithVA
yes I have it was still just ok. I tried it as is and the mhm way. I just wasn't too impressed for something that cost $11.99. My hair felt soft but I would always put camille rose almond jai on top and that always soften up my hair.

Guinan

Re-Branding
Huh?
Hadn't heard about this. Are people modifying the outlined method and blaming damage on the method as a whole?

I think I understand your question. From what I have been reading, people are not blaming the modified MHM for damage.

What I am referring to is the debate about ACV, BS and the manipulation causing damage.

Guinan

Re-Branding
I finally finished reading this thread. And my clay just arrived from amazon. Now I'm wondering will the clay clog my pipes? My shower already drains slowly, I don't want to make it worse.

My drain runs slow also; however I have not had any issues with rinsing the clay. I have more issues with using reg thick DC when rising.

fasika

I've used clay in different places, including a SFH and apartments, and I've never noticed any issues. It never even occurred to me to wonder about the effect on pipes, to be honest.

faithVA

I think this post alerted me to the concern. I am curious about whether anyone else has had issues.

http://www.curlynikkiforums.com/for...st-divorced-henna-clays-and-ayurvedic-powders

I used Terressentials for all of 2011 and part of 2012 and never had an issue.

I also think it matters how much you water down your clay.

However, since she is already having issues with a slow drain, anything can make it worse because there is already something blocking it.

I make sure I allow my water to run an extra minute or two to allow everything to drain through the pipe. I may also start pouring boiling water with vinegar down the drain as well, maybe on a monthly basis.

faithVA

faithVA
yes I have it was still just ok. I tried it as is and the mhm way. I just wasn't too impressed for something that cost $11.99. My hair felt soft but I would always put camille rose almond jai on top and that always soften up my hair.

I can't leave conditioner on my hair for the leave-in step. It aggravates my scalp. But if you find another leave-in that works, let me know.

SpiceUpMyHair

faithVA
I use diluted tresemme naturals radiant volume with orange peel and it works great. I haven't diluted my jessicurl too shea! yet but I will let you know. Jessicurl deep conditioner is on my black friday list. What did you think about it?

faithVA

faithVA
I use diluted tresemme naturals radiant volume with orange peel and it works great. I haven't diluted my jessicurl too shea! yet but I will let you know. Jessicurl deep conditioner is on my black friday list. What did you think about it?

I can't use Tresemme at all for a conditioner or a leave-in. I have tried several times and end up just throwing out the bottle each time. Maybe I will try Giovanni.

I have the Jessicurl Deep Condition. It works fine as a conditioner. I will have to try an overnight DC with it to see if I can use it as a leave-in. I haven't tried it yet. If your hair loves the JC Too Shea it will probably love the Deep Conditioner.

My hair is finicky. It doesn't love a lot. So far it loves Naturelle Grow and everything else is just OK.

I do have JC Too Shea and one other. I haven't opened them yet. I will give them a fair shake before I make my final decision.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
My thoughts on the Max Hydration Method.

My hair loves it and has never looked or felt better. The steps are a little lengthy and it did take me an entire month to finish the seven day challenge but I had the most definition I have ever seen. I am currently on a no heat regimen because my hair doesn't take heat too well (even though I love straight hair, I have decide to limit straightening to certain occasions) and this worked perfectly for me. It just takes forever to air dry!! My hair type is 4a, 4c not counting the stretched hair. I can't wait to transition that out!

Here is results video:
http://youtu.be/Z7MowCepn8s?list=UUqWkWCa3Rs3fesKvTQIAwKw

GettingKinky

Joigirl - thanks for the link. I will make sure to take good care of my drain if I go this route.

Last night I did the LOC method with water, grapeseed oil and DB transitioning creme. Then I put my hair in 4 braids and went to bed. My hair was super moisturized this morning. Next time I may dilute the DB to see if I get better coverage.

If I try the clay it will just be to see if I can get better curl definition. One day when my transition is over I want to be able to wear a wash n go.

faithVA

[USER=1084 said:
dontspeakdefeat[/USER];20734097]My thoughts on the Max Hydration Method.

My hair loves it and has never looked or felt better. The steps are a little lengthy and it did take me an entire month to finish the seven day challenge but I had the most definition I have ever seen. I am currently on a no heat regimen because my hair doesn't take heat too well (even though I love straight hair, I have decide to limit straightening to certain occasions) and this worked perfectly for me. It just takes forever to air dry!! My hair type is 4a, 4c not counting the stretched hair. I can't wait to transition that out!

Here is results video:
http://youtu.be/Z7MowCepn8s?list=UUqWkWCa3Rs3fesKvTQIAwKw

Wow. I never thought about your trying it. Is this something you might try (in some variation) in your salon?

faithVA

faithVA It's too time consuming to incorporate into a salon setting IMO. Even a shortened version of it takes a while!

I hadn't thought of that.

Actually only the mud would make it longer than a regular visit. The cleansing and conditioning steps could be done as usual, which is what I do. It would be the sitting with the mud that would take longer.

But unless they were coming for this particular treatment I could see how it might not fit.

SunnyDelight

I started MHM over the weekend. So far, so good!

Pros: -My hair feels great
-I have NEVER seen this kind of definition in my 4b/c hair. NEVER

Cons: -Takes way longer than I like to spend (or have time to spend) on my hair. Hoping to drastically cut time but, as a beginner, I wanted to stick to the steps as detailed.

I have a question: is anybody wearing their hair in protective styles after the treatment? Meaning, are you bunning, twisting, etc. or is everybody wearing wash and go styles?

faithVA

[USER=22604 said:
SunnyDelight[/USER];20734803]I started MHM over the weekend. So far, so good!

Pros: -My hair feels great
-I have NEVER seen this kind of definition in my 4b/c hair. NEVER

Cons: -Takes way longer than I like to spend (or have time to spend) on my hair. Hoping to drastically cut time but, as a beginner, I wanted to stick to the steps as detailed.

I have a question: is anybody wearing their hair in protective styles after the treatment? Meaning, are you bunning, twisting, etc. or is everybody wearing wash and go styles?

The time needed will decrease over time as your hair hydrates and you get into a rhythm.

I flat twist my hair or wear two strand twists.

You can style your hair however you like.