Any thoughts on Maximum Hydration Method

faithVA

Does anyone do the caramel cherry lola (I think that's the standard MHM one, right?) more frequently than every other week? My hair always feels so goooood after doing it. I would like to do it more. :look:

No I haven't done one in months. I'm probably going to stick to once a month or once every 6 weeks.

Too much of a good thing :nono: :lol:

Just enjoy it every other week. No need to push it. Pamper yourself in some other way.

aharri23

Does anyone do the caramel cherry lola (I think that's the standard MHM one, right?) more frequently than every other week? My hair always feels so goooood after doing it. I would like to do it more. :look:

I do the original cherry lola with molasses added for extra softness and I always get my best wash and go after doing a treatment. Sucks that it only can be done every 2 weeks!

Adiatasha

image-4081497670.jpg

image-629169064.jpg

image-751595534.jpg

My hair no product
I haven't done the MHM 7 days straight

I consider myself 4c because my hair doesn't dry like this and I've never seen it do this.

What do Yall think? Should I continue? Am I at maximum hydration?

faithVA

[USER=367733 said:
Adiatasha[/USER];20724675]View attachment 281867

View attachment 281869

View attachment 281871

My hair no product
I haven't done the MHM 7 days straight

I consider myself 4c because my hair doesn't dry like this and I've never seen it do this.

What do Yall think? Should I continue? Am I at maximum hydration?

I can't tell you whether you should continue. You are getting good hydration. You aren't at max hydration yet.

I would suggest you keep going. But it is ok to stop whenever you want.

MaraWithLove

My day 1:

I pretty much followed the regimen on the max hydration website with just a few adjustments: I added a splash of acv to my clay mix and I touched up my semi-perm after the clay, before adding my leave-in and homemade flaxseed gel.

Products used: cherry lola ingredients (yogurt, bs, braggs aminos), approved tresseme naturals conditioner (diluted), calcium bentonite clay, flaxseed gel

*I do also have some KCKT so I look forward to eventually seeing if it makes a difference

I've attached some pictures, they're not so much before & afters, they're pictures right after the clay (first 2) and after completing everything (last 3)

Comments:
1.My hair definitely feels more soft, springy and moisturized already, so I'm looking forward to continuing this regimen and seeing how it plays out.

2. I don't really have any pictures of usual WNGs from the back, but just know that it usually looks like a gelled fro, save for the very bottom-which I call my whack patch-because it's the only part that looks and feels different from the rest of my hair in the back.

Attachments

• 20141031_155225.jpg
    20141031_155225.jpg
    528.6 KB · Views: 107
  • 20141031_155126.jpg
    20141031_155126.jpg
    498 KB · Views: 101
  • 20141031_164950.jpg
    20141031_164950.jpg
    510.5 KB · Views: 104
  • 20141031_165141.jpg
    20141031_165141.jpg
    504.2 KB · Views: 73
  • 20141031_165402_5.jpg
    20141031_165402_5.jpg
    482.8 KB · Views: 52

Adiatasha

I can't tell you whether you should continue. You are getting good hydration. You aren't at max hydration yet. I would suggest you keep going. But it is ok to stop whenever you want.

Hmm
I'm going to keep going

Did you see those SSK's???

aharri23

I am really liking the camille rose curl maker gel for my wash and goes even though it is not MHM approved (it has panthenol as the 6th ingredient). I bought some xtreme wetline a while ago, but everytime I use it, I get flakes no matter what. I even watered it down a bunch and added some argan oil and still got flakes. Can anyone help??

fasika

I went all the way to Whole Foods and was a couple of blocks from Trader Joe's to get the products needed, and I forgot the Amino Acids. Urgh!!

How essential are they to the Cherry Lola?

I bought the KCKT and will likely get the KCCC from my sister tomorrow. I can then follow it as closely as possible.

GettingKinky

Ok. Now I'm about 2/3 of the way through this thread and I have my clay on order from amazon. But I just read that the clay removed hair color. I'm about to switch from semi-permanent to demi because the semi doesn't keep my gray covered.

Has anyone found a non-permanent hair color that can withstand the mhm method?

Adiatasha

Ok. Now I'm about 2/3 of the way through this thread and I have my clay on order from amazon. But I just read that the clay removed hair color. I'm about to switch from semi-permanent to demi because the semi doesn't keep my gray covered. Has anyone found a non-permanent hair color that can withstand the mhm method?

I want to know too

MaraWithLove

GettingKinky well to be honest, I use Manic panic colors (black and blue) & I used the clay yesterday, but it didn't take my color out. My blue had faded a little in the roots before application and there were no noticeable changes after the clay wash. That's my input.

faithVA

I went all the way to Whole Foods and was a couple of blocks from Trader Joe's to get the products needed, and I forgot the Amino Acids. Urgh!!

How essential are they to the Cherry Lola?

I bought the KCKT and will likely get the KCCC from my sister tomorrow. I can then follow it as closely as possible.

The aminoes are your protein so they are rarely important. You may want to wait until you have it. You may be able to do the cherry Lola without the Carmel treatment but I'm not sure if you need aminoes for the cherry Lola by itself or not.

AJellyCake

No I haven't done one in months. I'm probably going to stick to once a month or once every 6 weeks. Too much of a good thing :nono: :lol: Just enjoy it every other week. No need to push it. Pamper yourself in some other way.

*sigh* I had a feeling someone would say that. Of course, I was hoping people would say it was a good idea. :grin: Maybe that post should belong in that "Things people say before a setback" thread

faithVA

Ok. Now I'm about 2/3 of the way through this thread and I have my clay on order from amazon. But I just read that the clay removed hair color. I'm about to switch from semi-permanent to demi because the semi doesn't keep my gray covered.

Has anyone found a non-permanent hair color that can withstand the mhm method?

Sorry. Can't help. I use permanent color.

faithVA

*sigh* I had a feeling someone would say that. Of course, I was hoping people would say it was a good idea. :grin: Maybe that post should belong in that "Things people say before a setback" thread

We definitely don't want any setbacks.

faithVA

Washing my hair tonight. Made up a new batch of castille soap/conditioner mix. I washed my hair with it twice. I'm Dcing now with Jessicurl deep condition. Going to see if I like it. Going to mud with the pink clay and try leaving it on for 2 hours. I've never extended the mud step before so will see how it goes.

myfaithrising

Washing my hair tonight. Made up a new batch of castille soap/conditioner mix. I washed my hair with it twice. I'm Dcing now with Jessicurl deep condition. Going to see if I like it. Going to mud with the pink clay and try leaving it on for 2 hours. I've never extended the mud step before so will see how it goes.
I am using my melted shampoo bars mixed with conditioner and I love it. The ph is about the same as the baking soda so my cuticles are still lifted and the conditioner is still there as the buffer. I whip them together with a bit of oil and it comes out smooth like lotion. The Jessicurl deep conditioner is my HG, I bought a gallon of it. I'm sure you'll love it, made my hair feel like butter!!

faithVA

I am using my melted shampoo bars mixed with conditioner and I love it. The ph is about the same as the baking soda so my cuticles are still lifted and the conditioner is still there as the buffer. I whip them together with a bit of oil and it comes out smooth like lotion. The Jessicurl deep conditioner is my HG, I bought a gallon of it. I'm sure you'll love it, made my hair feel like butter!!

That's a good idea about the shampoo bars.

I'm going to give the jessicurl a chance. So far though Naturelle Grow conditioners are my favorite. I have 3 different jessicurl conditioners though so I will get to give them all a chance.

faithVA

This pink clay is too messy. I'm not going to be able to deal with it :lol: Next week I will mix the rhassoul and the pink to see if that's less messy. If its not I will just use rhassoul.

myfaithrising

I make my clay in batches using an old tresemme bottle, whenever I go to use it, it explodes like it had built up gasses in it and if I'm not careful there is mud everywhere. Does this happen to anyone else? I don't think I've ever heard anyone mention it

AJellyCake

For those of you using shampoo bars or soap, how long does it take for your cuticles to open?

Last edited:

faithVA

I make my clay in batches using an old tresemme bottle, whenever I go to use it, it explodes like it had built up gasses in it and if I'm not careful there is mud everywhere. Does this happen to anyone else? I don't think I've ever heard anyone mention it

No I have never had this happen. But I have started leaving the top open to prevent the smell when I don't refrigerate it.

faithVA

For those of you using shampoo bars or soap, how long does it take for your cuticles to open?

I don't worry about opening my cuticles when I use the castille soap. I heat my conditioner instead and it seems to work just fine. I do keep My soap conditioner mix pH between 7.5 and 8.

faithVA

My hair did fine leaving the pink clay on for two hours. My curls were nicely defined with the clay on. The changes I've made to the regimen seem to be working.

LavenderMint

So I did the shorter MHM last night...... BTW: I was alittle nervous about straightening my hair b/c of all the horror stories that I been reading on the other thread about damaged hair from doing the MHM.......

Huh?
Hadn't heard about this. Are people modifying the outlined method and blaming damage on the method as a whole?

fasika

I didn't do MHM yesterday, but I did cowash with KCNT conditioner, and I must say that I'm not impressed at all. My hair felt very weird, and it looked super stringy. But it did dry with more definition (though the curls were very thin and stringy-looking), and it dried soft too.

I don't know if doing it with MHM will give different results, but so far, I'm very disappointed. I had high hopes.

SpiceUpMyHair

I didn't do MHM yesterday, but I did cowash with KCNT conditioner, and I must say that I'm not impressed at all. My hair felt very weird, and it looked super stringy. But it did dry with more definition (though the curls were very thin and stringy-looking), and it dried soft too.

I don't know if doing it with MHM will give different results, but so far, I'm very disappointed. I had high hopes.

Kckt doesn't really much for my 4c hair. U only use it as a leave bc I have 2 bottles that I want to use up. And even then I pair it with mhm approved camille rose products:perplexed

faithVA

Huh?
Hadn't heard about this. Are people modifying the outlined method and blaming damage on the method as a whole?

Sometimes. People are modifying or using the incorrect option for step 1 and then saying they didn't like the method. Some people really shouldn't try the method in the first place.

faithVA

You had high hopes for kknt for cowashing? I'm sure it works for some people but it really isn't a conditioner. I leave kknt for the leave in step. It's way too thin for my hair as a conditioner.