Any thoughts on Maximum Hydration Method

hairdiva2002

Well this may be a merry black friday for you. Nothing Naughty Naturals has the 16 oz bottles for $20.

http://www.nothingnaughtynaturals.com/

Not sure where you live though because shipping is outrageous if you don't live in Canada.

Long time lurker - first message. I’ve noticed that a lot of other places have dropped their Mud Puddle hair wash prices like Hattache.com and Wild Ginger. They've got the 8 oz jars for $11 or $12. Hattache has $6 shipping. :yay:

For some reason, Hattache seems to be the only other place with 16 oz bottles. I'm not sure why.

There's a whole list of retailers on mudpuddle.ca and I haven't tried them all.

faithVA

[USER said:
hairdiva2002;20738995[/USER]]Long time lurker - first message. I’ve noticed that a lot of other places have dropped their Mud Puddle hair wash prices like Hattache.com and Wild Ginger. They've got the 8 oz jars for $11 or $12. Hattache has $6 shipping. :yay:

For some reason, Hattache seems to be the only other place with 16 oz bottles. I'm not sure why.

There's a whole list of retailers on mudpuddle.ca and I haven't tried them all.

Fabulous. Thank you hairdiva2002. Way to start a post. Glad you came out of lurkdomfor that one.

I see Hattache has the 16 oz as well for $20. That is much more reasonable. I will be adding this to my wish list.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
So I am avoiding the clay rinse part for now due to me trying to hide my grey with indigo.

Also the bs irritates my scalp. So...

Last night I used the Giovanni clarifying shampoo and buffered it with Tresemme naturals. It was 2:1 condish/shampoo mixed together.

Lawd that worked just as well as the bs! I had to leave it on til the cuticle opened about 4 mins. Then rinsed.

Just gotta figure out the clay bit...

faithVA

So I am avoiding the clay rinse part for now due to me trying to hide my grey with indigo.

Last night I used the Giovanni clarifying shampoo and buffered it with Tresemme naturals. It was 2:1 condish/shampoo mixed together.

Lawd that worked just as well as the bs! I had to leave it on til the cuticle opened about 4 mins. Then rinsed.

This is similar to what I am doing with the castille soap. I probably not using as much because the ph of castille soap is pretty high. I use 1 tbsp of castille soap to 2 oz of conditioner.

Maybe you can do an extended clay detox on the day before or before you do your indigo. Maybe don't do it every wash but every 2 weeks or every 4 weeks.

faithVA

[USER=343979 said:
DarkJoy[/USER];20739129]So I am avoiding the clay rinse part for now due to me trying to hide my grey with indigo.

When you did use the baking soda what was your ratios?

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Hi faithVA and SpiceUpMyHair

I did her exact measurements with the condish on the BS step. However, suspecting my eczema might be an issue, I started with only 2 TEASPOONS of BS. Then just one. My eczema flipped me thw bird so hard. Lol

Initially my experiment was with the AO Swimmers shampoo and that worked just as well. But I ran out of it and the store was out so picked up thw Giovanni instead.

Faith, I like your suggestions with the clay regimen and might try that... also since I use reconstructors weekly, I might just add indigo to that. Any protein seems to be a good enough vehicle for indigo.

Thanks ladies.

GettingKinky

As much as this system intrigues me, and even though I already bought the clay, I think I'm just going to try LOC more frequently for now and maybe up my washing to 2x a week. I don't think I'm lo po so it think it will work. And I only have 2 inches of natural hair so I don't have curls to define yet. I'll just keep using braids to get my waves. But I'll still be lurking, maybe in a few years when I'm natural I'll give this a try.

Honey Bee

Fabulous. Thank you hairdiva2002. Way to start a post. Glad you came out of lurkdomfor that one.
Ikr?! :lachen: :cheers:

As much as this system intrigues me, and even though I already bought the clay, I think I'm just going to try LOC more frequently for now and maybe up my washing to 2x a week. I don't think I'm lo po so it think it will work. And I only have 2 inches of natural hair so I don't have curls to define yet. I'll just keep using braids to get my waves. But I'll still be lurking, maybe in a few years when I'm natural I'll give this a try.
I understand. I'm transitioning and med-hi po, but my hair is mostly natural with just some relaxed ends. I'm using aketafitgirl's regimen, but without gel. My hair has been looking :gorgeous:, super-moist, twist-outs come out better, etc.

myhairgrowstoo

Hi faithVA and SpiceUpMyHair

I did her exact measurements with the condish on the BS step. However, suspecting my eczema might be an issue, I started with only 2 TEASPOONS of BS. Then just one. My eczema flipped me thw bird so hard. Lol

Initially my experiment was with the AO Swimmers shampoo and that worked just as well. But I ran out of it and the store was out so picked up thw Giovanni instead.

Faith, I like your suggestions with the clay regimen and might try that... also since I use reconstructors weekly, I might just add indigo to that. Any protein seems to be a good enough vehicle for indigo.

Thanks ladies.

Wait, you don't need to first henna to indigo as long as you're using a protein?

myhairgrowstoo

This is similar to what I am doing with the castille soap. I probably not using as much because the ph of castille soap is pretty high. I use 1 tbsp of castille soap to 2 oz of conditioner.

Maybe you can do an extended clay detox on the day before or before you do your indigo. Maybe don't do it every wash but every 2 weeks or every 4 weeks.

Clay washes out indigo?

faithVA

[USER=349433 said:
myhairgrowstoo[/USER];20742201]Clay washes out indigo?

You have to ask DarkJoy to be sure but I'm thinking it would. Anything that washes out over time will be pulled out by the clay. The longer you leave the clay in the more it draws.

myhairgrowstoo

You have to ask DarkJoy to be sure but I'm thinking it would. Anything that washes out over time will be pulled out by the clay. The longer you leave the clay in the more it draws.

Thank you for your answer :) that's interesting bc i indigo, but i indigo 1x month so i doubt my color will fade too much. I'm watching this thread bc when i have enough money i want to start the method. Currently I've incorporated clay washes bc of this method

faithVA

[USER=349433 said:
myhairgrowstoo[/USER];20742339]Thank you for your answer :) that's interesting bc i indigo, but i indigo 1x month so i doubt my color will fade too much. I'm watching this thread bc when i have enough money i want to start the method. Currently I've incorporated clay washes bc of this method

Since you're already doing the clay which items are you waiting for? The cherry lola is optional you can do that later in the regimen. Besides that you just need a conditioner and whichever item you are using for step 1 (acv, baking soda, or other).

hairdiva2002

I see Hattache has the 16 oz as well for $20. That is much more reasonable. I will be adding this to my wish list.

Thanks faithVA. You've been my personal hero - I've learned so much from your posts and from all the other people here, it's nice to have something to give back.

I'm a bit of an Internet introvert... :covereyes

But I'm quite happy that Mud Puddle has gotten their hair wash pricing in line with other products like Terressentials... it was awesome to use but just too much money before. I actually like it the best out of the few clay washes I've tried.:yep:

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Clay washes out indigo?

Yes myhairgrowstoo. It also stripped out much of my henna but not all I dont think. Here's how it went:

I did the first week start up 7 day regimen. After the clay step day 3, the rinse water began turning black. I continued knowing that I was going to have to re-indigo. It rinsed black for the next 2 days....

THEN over the next week I noticed a copper cast to the water :ohwell:. I kept on over about 5 weeks cuz I was determined to see how mhm worked.

By the end, most of the henna washed out too and it was back to a slightly boring and a little lighter 1b with no noticeable henna cast unless in intense sunlight with the damn grays visible in all their glory :lol:

Come to think of it, for those trying to remove at least some henna an intense and steady pure clay and clarifying regimen MIGHT work....

The end. :)

Eta I was indigoing for about a year monthly or more. I'd just add it to my reconstructor. It still took it out.

myhairgrowstoo

Since you're already doing the clay which items are you waiting for? The cherry lola is optional you can do that later in the regimen. Besides that you just need a conditioner and whichever item you are using for step 1 (acv, baking soda, or other).

I didn't realize it was optional. Never mind then i should be starting it soon when i figure out my free time lol thank you for telling me that :)

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Ok now about indigo without henna:

Yes the indigo WILL deposit in a protein environment. Its how I keep my black intense. However, in another thread I heard if you dont have at least some henna, say at least one application or one Hendigo, it could give you a slight green cast (the powder is green).

Idk. I haven't tried it on virgin-henna hair.

faithVA

[USER said:
hairdiva2002;20742411[/USER]]Thanks faithVA. You've been my personal hero - I've learned so much from your posts and from all the other people here, it's nice to have something to give back.

I'm a bit of an Internet introvert... :covereyes

But I'm quite happy that Mud Puddle has gotten their hair wash pricing in line with other products like Terressentials... it was awesome to use but just too much money before. I actually like it the best out of the few clay washes I've tried.:yep:

Thank you. That is very kind of you to say. Comments like that help keep me on the board. Because says days I really think about just walking away like a lot of the other ladies I miss so much :sad:

I am going to try this mud puddle and I'm glad you shared with us a US source.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Noooo faithVA!

You have no idea how much you contribute to folks in internet land (including me!). I always look for your posts and enjoy sharing these challenges with you. Folks like you make it easier, fun and informative.

Think of the "other stuff" purely as entertainment tho I do miss many folks too.

faithVA

Noooo faithVA!

You have no idea how much you contribute to folks in internet land (including me!). I always look for your posts and enjoy sharing these challenges with you. Folks like you make it easier, fun and informative.

Think of the "other stuff" purely as entertainment tho I do miss many folks too.

Aw thanks. I just feel like I'm talking to myself, not that that's a problem :lol:

Well you have to hang around with me. Our HanaKuroi is gone :sad: I thought we were the 3 musketeers :look:

You know I'm not going anywhere anytime soon since I'm still only NL :tantrum: I will try to ignore the foolishness on the board. 2015 will be better. :yep:

aharri23

I had been using the camille rose curl maker for the past 3 weeks then today I switched it up and used KCCC. My hair isn't as defined :(

SpiceUpMyHair

aharri23
Would u say u like camille rose better? I did read your review somewhere in the thread. I just wanted an update.
I don't really like mcc it makes my hair feels weird on contact but it defines my curls better that camille rose aloe cream gel. But camille makes my hair feel softer.