Any ear length or shorter ladies interested in Neck/Collarbone Length challenge???

shasha8685

Re: Any ear length or shorter ladies interested in Neck/Collarbone Length challenge??

Thanks Smiley and Morehairplease! :happydance:

Smiley79

Re: Any ear length or shorter ladies interested in Neck/Collarbone Length challenge??

Let's keep this thread alive please. BUMPPPPPPPPPPPPPP! LOL:cowgirl:

ZeeontheGrow

:look: Newbie here... Well, I was a lurker for a while, but finally suscribed a cpl of weeks ago.

but anyway!... is it too late to join? I'm new to all of this and have never done a challenge. I don't even have a regimen :perplexed Hoping you ladies could help me out.

I'm not sure where my hair is right now.. trying to grow outta a short cut. I do have a pic from early March that I'll post soon as my "beginning" shot. I've been wearing sew-ins since then (2nd one... which I'll be taking out this weekend or next). I DC every 1.5 weeks, and moisturize every other day.

AGAIN.. I'm a newbie, so any thoughts/suggestions is appreciated...

Thanks!

morehairplease

:look: Newbie here... Well, I was a lurker for a while, but finally suscribed a cpl of weeks ago.

but anyway!... is it too late to join? I'm new to all of this and have never done a challenge. I don't even have a regimen :perplexed Hoping you ladies could help me out.

I'm not sure where my hair is right now.. trying to grow outta a short cut. I do have a pic from early March that I'll post soon as my "beginning" shot. I've been wearing sew-ins since then (2nd one... which I'll be taking out this weekend or next). I DC every 1.5 weeks, and moisturize every other day.

AGAIN.. I'm a newbie, so any thoughts/suggestions is appreciated...

Thanks!

Hi there,

Welcome to the forum! No, its not too late to join the challenge. Is that your beginning pic in your avatar? If so, the cut is beautiful!

ZeeontheGrow

Thank you! No, that's the cut I go back to when I give up on growing my hair after a few months :wallbash: The pic in my siggy was taken back in March.

Hi there,

Welcome to the forum! No, its not too late to join the challenge. Is that your beginning pic in your avatar? If so, the cut is beautiful!

morehairplease

Thank you! No, that's the cut I go back to when I give up on growing my hair after a few months :wallbash: The pic in my siggy was taken back in March.

It's very pretty! Your hair looks great in your siggy, as well. Is it a rollerset?

Smiley79

:orders: Let's Keep this Challenge Strong!!!

Any updates Ear-Legnth Divas!!!???

morehairplease

:orders: Let's Keep this Challenge Strong!!!

Any updates Ear-Legnth Divas!!!???

Hey there love,

so far, EVERYTHING is going GREAT on my end. I have been bagging daily and deep conditioning twice a week and my hair is loving all of the attention. I finally got a chance to take/upload my pics to my desktop but have no idea how to upload them on the forum. At the start of this challenge, my hair was the length that it was in my avatar pic(I was natural then) but with a HORRIBLE texturizer. Currently, I am ear length at the crown and neck length in the back(the cut that the lady gave me in Dec when I got the texturizer had to have been a mullet cut b/c it totally sucked). My ends were in good shape b/c I only needed a dusting rather than a trim. I am proud to say that I am *almost* a DIYer(I am only going to Regis/Supercuts for my dustings). This time around, my goal is to stretch for 6 months and self relax for my birthday in Oct.

How is it going for you ladies?

Smiley79

I have nothing to show thus far...I'm only a month into my BC. But I have been giving my hair tons of TLC, preparing for a healthy foundation to some future progress. :strong:

morehairplease

I have nothing to show thus far...I'm only a month into my BC. But I have been giving my hair tons of TLC, preparing for a healthy foundation to some future progress. :strong:

AWESOME....I could not have said it better myself.

Do you mind me asking what relaxer you use?

Smiley79

I used the Olive Oil brand home kit back in December...and then I went to the salon in April for my BC and she used Design Elements or Mizanie ( I do not remember) It's definately one of those two.

Smiley79

I just joined the 6 month hide your hair challenge...so hopefully I should I have some great progress to show you all in December!!!

topnotch1010

Real Housewife of Houston

I had no idea this challenge existed. I was looking for a challenge like this but all I found was the SL challenge that ends 6/1. I started a SL challenge part 2, but I will have the mods delete it. No need for two threads of the same thing. This challenge needs to be added to the 2009 challenges sticky. I would like to join this challenge. Here is my starting pic. I hope to be SL/CBL by Dec.

Smiley79

I felt the same way when I found it, Lol. I was like "I have a home!!!!

Charz

Sinister Minister

Hey ladies, not to sound dumb but what would be neck length?

Smiley79

To me, neck legnth is when you see a back shot of your hair, your hair almost or fully covers the legnth of your neck. Like the middle pic of my siggy would be about a neck legnth. i'm sure others can chime in...

Stepiphanie

I think NL is once you past ear lenght and you hair cover up to half your neck, it doesn't necessarily have to cover your full neck. Just my opinion though

morehairplease

To me, neck length is when you see a back shot of your hair, your hair almost or fully covers the length of your neck. Like the middle pic of my siggy would be about a neck length. i'm sure others can chime in...

co-signing. this is what I consider neck length.:yep:

aprils13

I want in on this challenge. Pretty please!:grin::grin:

I am currently nl and I will post a pic tomorrow.

Smiley79

countdown to the challenge....YEAHHHHH!!!!!!

keepithealthy

Hello ladies is it to late for me to join? :)
I just bc'd on Monday and have a twa.
I wanna get to shoulder lenght:yep:

sparklebh

I would like to join also, just got a hair cut this past wed. I'm EL on the sides and close cut back. Not sure how to post pics, but will be working on HOW TO. Please add me.

sparklebh

Jess what part of Va. are u from. I have friends in Chesterfield, Va. which is not far from Richmond. I love the challenge so pls add me.

sparklebh

Ladies I'm a big fan of Meg-Tek its really helped my hair, but let me say it can be a little drying so I do add hair loving oils to mine. I just got the "Survivor Super Detangler Shine" which is by Eqyss. Its a gel which is great for shine, but pls just a small amount because it can put too much of a coat on your hair. The bottle do say that its safe for human cross-over. I have one more product that I would like to tell you about and its called "Laser Sheen" its a dazzling shine and detangler, now this product is in a concentrated form, so one 12oz bottle will make a gal. of product, but you can make smaller amounts and the bottle will show you how. The box states the following:
1. Makes coat sleek and shiny
2. Leaves hair soft and silky
3. Detangles
4. Eliminates static fly-away
5. Never greasy, oily, sticky, or slippery
6. Just add water

What I did was put 1oz of the laser sheen and about 4oz of water and made a spray for wet or dry hair. I put it on twice a day or more if needed.

Has any one else tried any of the above produces and if so tell me what you think. Sorry I know this is a long post, but as you can see I'm new and out of control (smile)

Ronnieaj

I'd like to join too please! I'm primarily 4a natural (one patch of 4b on back left side), and I'm EL shrunken. Technically I'm CBL straightened, but I don't count that as I NEVER straighten, and I want to be CBL shrunken. I'll post pics when I can find my camera cord!

topnotch1010

Real Housewife of Houston

Welcome ladies!! It's not too late to join. I just joined a few weeks ago. I hope you guys come back and post some pics....

kandake

I'm unofficially part of this challenge.

I'm growing my hair out from a short cut. Its been a little over year since I started growing my hair and I'm about ear length right now. Not much progress in terms of length because I've been trimming and I actually got a hair cut in April. Now I'm back to the same length I was in November 08.

I wore halfwigs everyday from August 08 to March 09. I got a haircut because I thought I was going to wear it out from here on out and it desperately needed to be styled.

But, I started getting frustrated with this awkward stage so I'm back in halfwigs until the end of the year.

I'll post pics when I get home.

Last edited:

morehairplease

Ladies I'm a big fan of Meg-Tek its really helped my hair, but let me say it can be a little drying so I do add hair loving oils to mine. I just got the "Survivor Super Detangler Shine" which is by Eqyss. Its a gel which is great for shine, but pls just a small amount because it can put too much of a coat on your hair. The bottle do say that its safe for human cross-over. I have one more product that I would like to tell you about and its called "Laser Sheen" its a dazzling shine and detangler, now this product is in a concentrated form, so one 12oz bottle will make a gal. of product, but you can make smaller amounts and the bottle will show you how. The box states the following:
1. Makes coat sleek and shiny
2. Leaves hair soft and silky
3. Detangles
4. Eliminates static fly-away
5. Never greasy, oily, sticky, or slippery
6. Just add water

What I did was put 1oz of the laser sheen and about 4oz of water and made a spray for wet or dry hair. I put it on twice a day or more if needed.

Has any one else tried any of the above produces and if so tell me what you think. Sorry I know this is a long post, but as you can see I'm new and out of control (smile)

Thanks for sharing sweetie! Do you mind me asking where you purchase both products from and if you could post the ingredients for both?

tia,
tishee