Any ear length or shorter ladies interested in Neck/Collarbone Length challenge???

ReeseNicole

Re: Any ear length or shorter ladies interested in Neck/Collarbone Length challenge??

Hey ladies, i think we should post links to our fotkis so that we can encourage and keep up with other's progress.

HELLOOOooooo to all the new challengers!!lol

Here's mine, i update seasonally, so be on the lookout for my Spring 09 pics!
http://public.fotki.com/Reese2010/

savannavanna

Re: Any ear length or shorter ladies interested in Neck/Collarbone Length challenge??

i agree curlyreese :)

(although i should probably make one first! :lachen:)

definitely will be back to post the link though

savannavanna

okay, my hair is 4a or 4b (i think, honestly i have no idea) and relaxed. it has grown to be a little past nape in the back, the sides are about ear length and the top or crown of my head has the longest hair which almost reaches my nape as well.
i wash once a week, and im trying to stop with the direct heat, but i feel like my hair is too short to do anything with right now, so i blow dry and flat iron it. if i air dry it *sigh*... its just a mess. i don't know anyone around me that braids hair (small town lol) or else i'd just do that. any suggestions as to what i could do with my hair, like a style or something, to stop all of the heat damage??? it would be GREATLY appreciated ladies

thanks

sav

JessCNU

Last edited:

mzperkins

I would like to join this challenge...I got a bc on Feb 7th and a touch up, I'm 4B
Length-sides midddle of ears
front just touching top of forehead
back just hair below nape
Regimen-
Wash once weekly (will try co washing once a week starting tomorrow)
shampoo- Aphogee Shampoo for Damage Hair
Reconstrutor- Aphogee 2 min
Deep Condish- NTM daily deep condish
Leave In - switching between Aphogee and Motion
Seal - Castor Oil
Bagging - full head every other day
Nightly - satin scrap wrap and tie with satin bonnet on top
Protective Styles: half wig and curley bun

BonBon

Hi, wondered if I can join. I am natural and I attempted to straigten last week and it appears im towards the end of ear length, wanting to be collarbone length+ by Christmas

Current length: Varied 4-6"?
Regimen: Hide my hair mostly using extension braids, shampoo once weekly, apply leave in conditioner to braids every second day. Satin pillowcase and bonet. Avoid heat.
Conditioner: Bodyshop Amilka Leave In

Charz

Sinister Minister

I'm in, if if isn't too late!

Length-Bottom of ears when streched

Regimen- Cowash everyday. I use NTM Conditioner, Suave Milk and Honey or MillCreek Botanicals with an oil mixture currently consisting of Amla, Sweet Almond, and Global Goddess(bootlegg supposidly) oils.

Clarify once a week with Joico K- Pak Clarifying Shampoo
(I am a swimmer)
then Protein Treatment with either Dumb Blonde Reconstuctor, ORS Mayo (Old version), or Joico K-Pak Reconsructor.

Regular Shampoo once a week with Carol's Daughter Tui Herbal Shampoo (Trying to get rid of it)

Moisturize after every wash with AOHSR and seal with castor oil.

DC twice a week under heating cap using R&N Mask, PhytoSpecific Vital Force Creme Bath or anything else I may have. (PJ alert)

No heat, mainly wash and gos (I love my fro)

I want a Pibbs and Steamer!

Last edited:

morehairplease

^^ Hey there sweetie,

It's not too late to join! Welcome to the challenge love. I am trying to use up as much product as I can too so you & I are so ><.

HHG to you sweetie!

Sundiva

OK. This is my first check-in. Haven't done very well with this but I will do better. So I have been using my regimen for a month and so far its just ok. I have been washing once per week and doing condish washes during the week when I need to. With the 1x/wk washes, I do a dc wash one week and a protein treatment another. Last night, i washed with Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Moisturizing Shampoo, ORS Mayo hair treatment for protein, Herbal Essences hello hydration Conditioner, Giovanni Direct Leave-In Moisture Conditioner, Profectiv Growth Lotion and Castor Oil as a sealant. So normally after using the AO shampoo, my hair feels soft but not moist its soft and somewhat quite dry, somewhat stripped. Is that supposed to happen? I keep telling myself that is fine and I will replenish moisturizer with the condish. It feels dry enough that I don't want to add the ORS to it feeling so dry, so I added a step and used the AO white camilla conditioner I had. I have decided i do not like this. At first, it felt like it was adding moisture back and making my hair feel soft but as soon as I washed it out, the moistness left too. I used the ORS mayo and sat under the dryer for about 30min and then washed out and used the herbal essences cond behind it. My hair was really dry by then. I used alot of HE condish because I was trying to replenish moisture but never felt like i did it. I rinsed and applied my giovanni direct. Not a fan of this either. It just sits on my hair and is sticky on my hands. I applied the profectiv growth and sealed with castor oil.

So for my naturals with hair like me help me out. Looking at my regimen, what should I tweak? What should I try? I will say that on Deep conditioner washings, I love it. I use the pantene dc hair masque and it is wonderful. I think I need a new shampoo. I love my herbal essences moisturizing conditioners, its cheap and good. should I use the growth lotion and then the oil? Am I sealing correctly? Please help a newbie!!!!:perplexed

Charz

Sinister Minister

Aubrey Organics shampoo's are very stripping to the hair. I am not sure why because they do not contain SLS or anything like that.
Perhaps you should either Cowash or use a moisturizing shampoo. I recently discovered Shescentit.com's Hemp shampoo. Its natural and actually moisturizes my hair. It also lathers very well for a natural shampoo as well. Its my staple shampoo and I love it. I am natural and works for me.

If you are using the new version of ORS Mayo (it says new and improved), it is a very mild at best protein treatment. Maybe you should try something like the joico k pak reconstructor, or the aphogee 2 minute reconstructor for a moderate to strong protein every so often.

Last edited:

Sundiva

Aubrey Organics shampoo's are very stripping to the hair. I am not sure why because they do not contain SLS or anything like that.
Perhaps you should either Cowash or use a moisturizing shampoo. I recently discovered Shescentit.com's Hemp conditioner. Its natural and actually moisturizes my hair. It also lathers very well for a natural shampoo as well. Its my staple shampoo and I love it. I am natural and works for me.

If you are using the new version of ORS Mayo (it says new and improved), it is a very mild at best protein treatment. Maybe you should try something like the joico k pak reconstructor, or the aphogee 2 minute reconstructor for a moderate to strong protein every so often.

Thanks Charzboss!!! I do have the new and improved version of ORS. My intent was to start strengthening and regrowing my hair. Maybe I should just focus on regrowing and reconstructing. Have you used the joico k pak? What results have you gotten on your hair? (i assume we have the same hair type). Same thing with the aphogee, what kind of results have you gotten?

Stepiphanie

How often are the relaxed ladies in here getting touch ups? I haven't been able to stretch past 7 weeks. I don't use direct heat and my hair is not long enough to bun. Any one stretching longer...what are u doing?

Charz

Sinister Minister

Thanks Charzboss!!! I do have the new and improved version of ORS. My intent was to start strengthening and regrowing my hair. Maybe I should just focus on regrowing and reconstructing. Have you used the joico k pak? What results have you gotten on your hair? (i assume we have the same hair type). Same thing with the aphogee, what kind of results have you gotten?

I LOVE the Joico K-Pak. I use the Joico Chelating shampoo before (I am a swimmer and the chlorine can build up on my hair and I believe it sets my hair up for the protein) and then I use the K-Pak reconstructor with my heating cap for 25-40 minutes. My hair always feels much stronger and there is not a shed or broken hair in sight. I use it maybe once a week (My hair loves protien).

I have not tried the Aphogee but many ladies on this forum love them. I am too much in love with my K-Pak and also my Dumb Blonde Reconstructor. I use the DB more as a cowashing protien conditioner when i need that extra pick me up to balance my cowashing routine which I do everyday, sometimes twice because I work out allot.

I love the ORS hair mayo too but I have the old formula. The new one did not cut it for me. You can still find the old one in less ethnic areas and places that do not have many ethnic customers. They have not been able to get rid of the stock that they have so they still have the old ones.

But you still need moisture moisture moisture. I think that you just need to find the proper balance between moisturizing products and protein products. Here is a very informative thread about it by Sistaslick, an expert on this topic.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=84746

Lemme know if there is anything else I can try to explain. :grin:

morehairplease

How often are the relaxed ladies in here getting touch ups? I haven't been able to stretch past 7 weeks. I don't use direct heat and my hair is not long enough to bun. Any one stretching longer...what are u doing?

Hi there,

I am attempting my first 6 month stretch(maybe transition) now and am currently in month 3. Hopefully, I will be able to get braids within the month b/c I want to stretch for an entire year(trying to decide between continue relaxing or transitioning). To anwswer your question, I plan on stretching for the amount of new growth to prevent overlapping(my goal is 3-4 inches w/o breakage or shedding) rather than the amount of weeks. So far, I have an inch of newgrowth and with braids feel that I could get the 3-4 in no time.

savannavanna

kudos to you for the 7 weeks because before lhfc i used to get my relaxers every 4-5 (horrible i know)
i was going for an 8 week stretch (right til my birthday) but around week 5 or 6 i didn't know if i could make it, so i went ahead and got my hair braided. i don't know if youre into braids or not, but you don't have to bother with your hair besides moisturizing it and wrapping it up at night. i think because of the braids i'll be able to make it to 10-12 weeks.

hth :)

LivingDoll

When I first joined the board my hair was cut in a short pixie. I retouched at 5-6 weeks religiously until my hair grew long enough for a teeny weeny ponytail. I say continue what you're doing until it grows a little more. Just be sure to avoid overlapping the relaxer and make sure your moisture and protein are on point.

Stepiphanie

Thanks for the replies ladies. I actually just relaxed again @ 7 wks. I probably could have gone a little longer but I had out of town mtgs so wasn't in the mood to deal w/ the ng. This time however I think I will get braids at wk 6 and try to stetch that way.

India*32

kudos to you for the 7 weeks because before lhfc i used to get my relaxers every 4-5 (horrible i know)
i was going for an 8 week stretch (right til my birthday) but around week 5 or 6 i didn't know if i could make it, so i went ahead and got my hair braided. i don't know if youre into braids or not, but you don't have to bother with your hair besides moisturizing it and wrapping it up at night. i think because of the braids i'll be able to make it to 10-12 weeks.

hth :)
But Savannavanna, once you take those braids out. it will be a monster to comb out.

savannavanna

But Savannavanna, once you take those braids out. it will be a monster to comb out.

lol jeez don't remind me...my hair is the godzilla of hair monsters lol

it may be matted as i don't know what, but it should be okay. i'm keeping them in for 6 weeks, so 2 weeks left. after that i'm gonna take em out, and keep em out for about 2 weeks. still debating getting a relaxer though... i think i may just keep em in cornrows for 2 weeks at a time during the whole summer and relax right before school starts in the fall...

morehairplease

Hey there ladies,

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing? I hope great. I plan on self relaxing my hair May 9th and getting a trim at Regis on the 10th. May I ask how many of you ladies set your hair with a setting lotion on your wash days? Can I just use a spray type leave in as my setting lotion?

tia,
tishee

jaded_faerie

checking in...

I will be getting the edges of my Senegalese twist redone sometime next week and will keep them in for another month. Then I think I'm going to head over to Too Groovy for a trim and color. I haven't had my hair straightened since May 08!

I updated my fotki with my current and past protective style.

savannavanna

checking in... but not really...?

just wanted to say i should be taking my braids out may 1st (last official day of school)

not sure if i'll relax or not, but i'll be sure to take pics and post em! i haven't relaxed since the beginning of february, so hoping for at least a good inch of growth! wish me luck ladies :)

kiarai

I've been having trouble finding different ways to style my hair without using direct heat.

Rollersetting, forget it. Comical is all I can say about my attempts to do this. I must have watched every tutorial on youtube as well.

Apart from braid outs (which are getting better) does anyone have good suggestions for styles? Would be good to see how others with shorter hair are styling. BTW hair is too short to get into a bobble/scrunchie

TIA Ladies

shasha8685

Just checking in. I got a relaxer this weekend after a 12/13 week stretch. Definitely have some growth. Check the siggy :grin:

savannavanna

congrats on all of your progress shasha! :)

keysha1983

Add me to the challenge too! I am chin length.

Smiley79

Oh My God, I never knew about this challenge, is it too late to join, I'm so In!!!!!!!!!!!!! LET ME IN!!!!

morehairplease

Checking in ladies,

I self relaxer for the first time April 24th and my hair has definitely grown. My dh took pics and I am just waiting for him to upload them for me to post in this thread. This time around, I am attempting to stretch for 5 months(only made 4 and 1/2 this first time around). I started back taking my supplements and am slowly increasing my water intake.

Smiley79

Sasha your progress looks great!