Shoulder Length Challenge

SohoHair

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLMOST THERE! I went through some hard times with over moisturizing, then going too far in the opposite direction with too much protein but I am back on track! My next relaxer is scheduled for June 11th and I am absolutely sure I will be at a full, complete shoulder length all the way around then. Right now the back is at shoulder length and the sides are almost there too, but for me shoulder length doesn't mean just grazing the tips of my shoulders:nono: , I need for there to be no uncertaintly about where I am in my journey!:lol: Plus I prefer to wear my hair with some curl or wave to it, so it will take a wee bit longer to get there!

CurliDiva

I plan to get INTENSE for the next few months to push to shoulder length all the way around! My sides are just 1 inch away when streched, but I want them to lay on my shoulders without pulling which mean a good 2-3 inches. ;)

BlueEra

Hey Im a newbie and I also wanted to join the challenge. I have a fotki and I was wondering if someone could help me figure out how much longer it looks like I need to get to shoulder length. Right now my regimen includes MTG, MN, Biotin and some multivitamins from GNC. Hopefully Ill make it to shoulder length by my birthday (Dec. 7th). :newbie:

My fotki: http://public.fotki.com/o0o-Sham-o0o/
Password:hair

KeraKrazy

Thickness before length
Re: Shoulder Length Challenge!!!

Hi i know I'm WAY late but I'm a newbie and only just found this thread. I'm in but i definately won't get there till the end of the year.

HoneyDew

plove said:
When is this challenge over?
What is shoulder length?
Here are a few examples:

Imani

I'm trying to get to shoulder length by December. I doubt i get to what most consider a tru shoulder length but i just want my back layers to hit at or right above my shoulders. :D

wicky2828

I have had a lot of set backs during this challenge but I think that I am well on my way now. I was putting miconazole nitrate on my scalp and was getting excellent results. It gave me 3/4 - 1 inch a month worth of growth which is great because I usually only get 1/4 of an inch a month. I have slacked off putting it on my scalp due to a busy schedule but I will resume here soon.

I have 2-3 inches worth of growth to go before I am really shoulder length. Hopefully the jamacain black castor, amla, and emu oils I have just recieved (yes I am a pj) will help me along in my journey.

Good luck to everybody:)

LaNecia

I'm on this challenge as well, I try to stretch a minimum of 8 weeks but can't really get past 14 successfully. I'm going on week 4 now.

Hair Peace

bonedacious99 said:
Is anyone stretching their relaxers on this challenge? If so, for how long? I'm on week #7.

I'm on week #9. I'm trying to make it 12 weeks (July 6). I think I'm at shoulder length, but my neck is long, so I'll probably won't consider myself there until I'm closer to armpit. I guess I suffer from hair anorexia:perplexed

Ambitious1013

I just finished stretching my relaxer for 11 weeks. I got my touch up on Friday. I am doing well on this challenge. I had a minor setback on Friday when my stylist "trimmed" my hair incorrectly and now one side is shorter than the other. I am still hoping to reach shoulder length by the end of this year.

jaded_faerie

I havent straightened my hair in about 2 months...havent relaxed in 3.5....hopefully next time i relax my sides will be grazing shoulder length

carameldiva

I'm natural and all is going well with me- the last trim was May 8th- i would like to hold out until Oct. for my next trim. I have to keep the splits away, though. Someone give me some pointers and btw i am natural.

Mystic

Based on the shoulder length pictures I am seeing, I doubt I will be at shoulder length by 12-06. My hair grows so slowly that I am just going to do my regimen and see where it takes me at the end of the year.

Imani

I'm at week 10 and I want to get to 16. I really think this will help the sides and back of my hair to thicken up.

plove

wicky2828 said:
Where are all my short haired ladies at?!?!? I feel it is time that we start a shoulder length challenge. I have been looking for someone to start one for a while but no luck as of yet. I want to see how many people are interested so we can start posting our regimens so as to maybe give some other people out there that aren't so sure, an idea of how to get started. I think June or July would be a ideal time to end the challenge. This is my first time to start a thread or a challenge so bear with me.

Ooooohhhh I'm so excited and nervous at the same time :) Please join me...

Can the challenge end in DEC, I know I'm not there yet.:)

dreysonsmommy2011

plove said:
Can the challenge end in DEC, I know I'm not there yet.:)

She does say June, but I am going to extend mine a little bit further. If you think you'll be there by Dec. extend yours for that month. It can be your own personal challenge;)

plove

bump..............
what's going on in this challenge.
updates anyone

I'am there but not there if you know what i mean.

bonedacious99

I stretched for 8 weeks and decided to get a touch up since I had an interview and I wanted my hair to look decent. To my surprise, my hair has grown! I think I've gained at least an inch. My hair was grazing my shoulders. Now my sides kind of "lay" on my shoulders. When I wear my hair in a ponytail, it feels like something is crawling on me... Then I realized it was my hair! I wish that breakage in the back would catch up with the sides...

sexy c

i will like to join my back is at the end of my neck and my sides are two inches from my chin, the bangs well just say i have a while for them:)

Radianthealth

I think December may do it for me. I am doing everything in my power to get to Shoulder length by then, this would be the first time in my life that my hair would reach shoulder length so Pray for me:look:

jaded_faerie

Im so excited...i self-relaxed yesterday and my sides are SOOOOO close to shoulder length...it is catching up with the back...i have faith that i will be at full shoulder length on the sides by December

ravenmerlita

I'll get back in the challenge. I made the goal of shoulder length stretched/blown straight by June :) . But I'd love to be shoulder length with shrinkage and think I could be there by December.

brownsugarflyygirl

I want to join this challenge as well....I am basically shoulder length right now but Im transitioning. I want my natural hair to be shoulder length by the end of 2006! I need to measure to see if this is realistic based on the inches that I have now. I also have some layers and areas that are shorter due to some mistreatment in my pre-LCHF days that I want to grow out...so I am in!