Any ear length or shorter ladies interested in Neck/Collarbone Length challenge???

JessCNU

Hello Ladies!! I know there are a million challenges but I just thought of another one:grin:

I know for me, Growing out a really short cut and seeing shoulder, BSL, and Waist length challenges are kinda depressing lol. Not that I don't think I will get there but I just know it would take a miracle for me to reach SL by September ( my one year mark ). Are there any ladies out there with really short cuts that aspire to reach full neck/ Collarbone length before the end of the year? Relaxed or natural is fine. I am 4b relaxed and currently my hair is too short to pull back in a bun. Maybe we can help eachother out with some protective styles as well.

So what do ya think???

Ok so people are interested!!! Yay!

How about everyone joining the challenge state their length and regimen
Also, how you are wearing your hair currently and what protective styles you use. I'll start! ( remember ladies... you might not like somebody's reggie but lets be helpful when giving constructive criticism. We are all trying to reach the same goals..Long Healthy Hurrrrr!!!!)

Length-Bottom of ears
Regimen-
Wash once weekly
shampoo-Ors aloe, Joico, Aphogee
Reconstrutor- Aphogee, Joico
Deep Condish- Joico Moisture recovery, Dominican condish
Wet set ( blow dry if close to relax time )
Flat iron with heat protector
Coconut oil every other day
Dust when needed

Challenge Start Date : 1-30-09

Challenge end date: I will say the month of December 09

This is a very loose challenge and please feel free to post pics along the way!

Last edited:

luxe.li.

Re: Any ear length or shorter ladies interested in Neck/Collarbone Length challenge??

Sounds good.

I'm 3b,3c,4a natural. Natural hair with shrink I'm ear length, straight I'm about 2" pass ear length.

I'm up for the challenge!

RegaLady

Re: Any ear length or shorter ladies interested in Neck/Collarbone Length challenge??

I was a pixie length last year this time, about 1-2 inches. I am just now getting to NL(cut it down in sept because I had the short hair crave). But I want to join. I want to be SL by July but I need you gals to get over this in between stage. I am 4a/b transitioning with 3-6inches of hair around. I want to join in!

Last edited:

JessCNU

Great!!!!:dance7:

I wont be making a list ( should i??..never done this b4 )
I really don't have any rules either LOL Lawd help my lil challenge!
I guess whoever joins can just check in regularly and see how far we have come at the end of the year.:grin:

Suggestions are more than appreciated!!!!

ReeseNicole

Absolutely Jessie!!! NL/ SL is my one year goal!! I'm relaxed with a ear length cut too, 3b/3c relaxed, we can definitely support one another cos lord knows it's gonna be hard!lol

brebre928

Great!!!!:dance7:

I wont be making a list ( should i??..never done this b4 )
I really don't have any rules either LOL Lawd help my lil challenge!
I guess whoever joins can just check in regularly and see how far we have come at the end of the year.:grin:

Suggestions are more than appreciated!!!!

Hey I'm down for the Challenge :grin:...my hair is ear length, I'm relaxed...I haven't figured out my hair type yet.

Last edited:

morehairplease

Of course, I would love a challenge! Let me know what I can do to help!

JessCNU

Of course, I would love a challenge! Let me know what I can do to help!

Hey sis! girlll you know you had to join this challenge with me!:lachen:

JessCNU

Thanks so much for the ladies joining!

Please share your reggie and what you plan to do to reach your goals!!!!

Sasha Fierce

I'll join. My stylist just chopped me to my ear because of breakage. *sigh* I am not feeling this cut but I want to stay motivated to grow it out.

JessCNU

Absolutely Jessie!!! NL/ SL is my one year goal!! I'm relaxed with a ear length cut too, 3b/3c relaxed, we can definitely support one another cos lord knows it's gonna be hard!lol

Yes it is but we can do it!
You wont be able to tell me nothing when i feel that hair brushing my collarbone LOL

brebre928

Thanks so much for the ladies joining!

Please share your reggie and what you plan to do to reach your goals!!!!

Right now I shampoo with ORS Uplifting Shampoo
DC with ORS Hair Mayonnaise
And I Moisturize with Elasta QP Recovery Oil Moisturizer
I oil my scalp with Stimul-X Growth Oil

Today I plan on goin to Whole Foods to pick up some Coconut oil and Olive oil

I plan on keepin it simple and having a lot of patience. Also I'm stickin with the roller sets and not applying heat to my hair. I got some wigs too just for the really bad hair days...lol :grin:.

JessCNU

Right now I shampoo with ORS Uplifting Shampoo
DC with ORS Hair Mayonnaise
And I Moisturize with Elasta QP Recovery Oil Moisturizer
I oil my scalp with Stimul-X Growth Oil

Today I plan on goin to Whole Foods to pick up some Coconut oil and Olive oil

I plan on keepin it simple and having a lot of patience. Also I'm stickin with the roller sets and not applying heat to my hair. I got some wigs too just for the really bad hair days...lol :grin:.

Sounds great! Question...
what is Stimul-x growth oil and how are you doing your rollersets?? I want to rollerset soooo bad :(

morehairplease

Regimen/products:
-poo & dc three times a week(Monday, Wednesday, Friday) alternating moisture & protein
-moisturize w/Silk Elements silken child silk moisturizing creme & seal w/Nexxus aloxxi botanic oil hair twice a day
-apply Lanza daily elements leave-in co after each wash
-consume 80-120 oz. of water daily
-continue to take my vitamins daily. Currently, I am taking a multivit, biotin, silica, and b-complex 50
-I am attempting my first relaxer stretch, my goal is 6 months. I plan on getting individual braids at my 2 month or 3 month mark and keeping them in for 2 months.

shampoos:
Lanza healing strength
Lanza healing moisture

conditioners:
Lanza healing strength
Lanza healing moisture

Last edited:

brebre928

Sounds great! Question...
what is Stimul-x growth oil and how are you doing your rollersets?? I want to rollerset soooo bad :(

Stimul- X is this oil I picked at a store near my house one day (I was actually searching for Carol's Daughter products, but she didn't sell it anymore so I just picked Stimul-X up instead) I'll inlcude the link to the website.

Since my hair is so many different lenghts (due to the Rihanna cut growin out, it's actually at a bob length right now) I use Pink rollers for my bang, because that area is the longest. yellow rollers in the middel and the side. And than I use the tiney blue magnetic rollers for the back since that are is the shortest.

Here's the link: http://www.nubiansilk.com/hair-care-products.html

JessCNU

Bumping!!!!!!

Stepiphanie

Hi Jess!!

You know I'm in girl.

Current lenght: Ear Lenght
Reggie:Wen 2x/wk, dc 2x/wk w/ alter ego+ sitrinillah mix, Poo w/ ORS creamy aloe 2x/month, moisturize w/ JCS nourish and shine and hairveda whipped cream, seal with oil that fits my mood (usually vatika,cocasta, jbco,or morrocan)
Pstyle: wig, or my poor excuse for an updo lol

We got this ladies! HHG

kimmy89

Can i join!! i really want to get to neck length oohh and even collarbone would be nice. i did my bc in summer of 08 so im hoping i can be atleast neck length by the time summer rolls around again.

luxe.li.

I clarify once a week with DevaCare Low Poo, but I Pre-Poo with Coconut Oil and Olive Oil. After I wash, I rinse with ACV and water spritz, I rinse that out and I use DevaCare One Conditioner, (or Joico KPAK) then I wash that out. Normally I'll DC with ORS Pak but I will do that tomorrow because I'm feeling lazy (hence today was my Clarify day). After I DC, I rinse, and I just moisturize with Giovanni Direct Leave In or Joico Daily Conditioner.

Weekdays, I just conditioner wash with either, Joico KPak, Joico Daily Conditioner, Organix Coconut Milk, or Curlz Coconut Conditioner

I apply DevaCare Arch Angell and Blue Ice Clear Gel, then I wrap in a scarf, and beanie and go off to school.

Sometimes I do something different. Last night I took a bowl, filled it with Joico Daily Conditioner, Honey, Lime Juice, and Baking Soda. I applied it to my hair, left it in for 30-60 minutes (some people might say I'm not natural because I use BS,...but that's another topic), then I rinse. It makes my hair soft, defined, and takes away the frizz.

Sometimes when I remember to do so, I'll seal my ends with Castor Oil, Coconut Oil, and Shea Butter at night.....but its so much to do, that I tend to forget.

luxe.li.

********delete**********

Loves Harmony

I'm game
neck lenght (back)
bottom of ear (front)

wash one week(aphogee deep moist, Joico k-pac)
dc bout 2 or 3xs(catwalk oatmeal and honey,qp,ntm)
Moist(org olive) & seal(olive oil) daily
aphogee 2 minute every two weeks

protective styles:
Wigs
braids

Relax:
every 12 weeks
(silk element lye mild)

trim every other relaxer

RegaLady

Current:I am EL in front and half of NL in the back!
Goal:I want to be SL by July.(6 months to go)
My Reggie:
Wash (weekly) with CON shampoo and Biotin shampoo

DC with ORS Replenishing conditioner or DPR-11 or LeKair Cholesterol. I also do a quick 5 minute condition with Suave Humectress Conditioner

I braid in french braids my hair and spray and seal with a homemade spritz and seal the ends with Vitamin E oil. Then I wear a silk scarf when ever I go out, under my hat
I also spray homemade moisturizing spritz and Infusium 23, daily. I add MN between the braids every other day.
I plan to do this reggie with the french braids until it gets warm(April) and I can no longer hide my hair, then I will switch to buns.

Lexib

Hello Ladies!! I know there are a million challenges but I just thought of another one:grin:

I know for me, Growing out a really short cut and seeing shoulder, BSL, and Waist length challenges are kinda depressing lol. Not that I don't think I will get there but I just know it would take a miracle for me to reach SL by September ( my one year mark ). Are there any ladies out there with really short cuts that aspire to reach full neck/ Collarbone length before the end of the year? Relaxed or natural is fine. I am 4b relaxed and currently my hair is too short to pull back in a bun. Maybe we can help eachother out with some protective styles as well.

So what do ya think???

Ok so people are interested!!! Yay!

How about everyone joining the challenge state their length and regimen
Also, how you are wearing your hair currently and what protective styles you use. I'll start! ( remember ladies... you might not like somebody's reggie but lets be helpful when giving constructive criticism. We are all trying to reach the same goals..Long Healthy Hurrrrr!!!!)

Length-Bottom of ears
Regimen-
Wash once weekly
shampoo-Ors aloe, Joico, Aphogee
Reconstrutor- Aphogee, Joico
Deep Condish- Joico Moisture recovery, Dominican condish
Wet set ( blow dry if close to relax time )
Flat iron with heat protector
Coconut oil every other day
Dust when needed

Protective styles- ummm....help!!! LOL

Awesome challenge ladies!! Just a quick question/comment - I'm pretty sure CBL is longer than SL - kinda the marker b/w SL and APL :look:

Last edited:

ReeseNicole

bumping!....i know there are some more short haired ladies on this site!

oldcrayons

I want to do this! I am a natural 3b/c and I am only 2" :( most parts are 1.5" or 1"! My goal is collar bone length by mid-year (I BC'd on the 1st of January.

Mis007

I would like to join, I want to pay particular attention to my sides as my back is neck length would like the sides and front to catch up...

Length-back neck length.

Regimen-
Co-Wash daily-moisturising/protein conditioners alternate...

shampoo-weekly
Reconstrutor- Nexxus, Joico
Deep Condish- Homemade..
Daily Leave in-Joico liquid reconstrctor, Coconut oil applied to ends

No trimming or dusting
Protective styles- half wig

VirGoViXxEn

I want to join this challenge! im a little past ear length.. my starting pic is in my avatar

LexiB..CBL is shorter than SL in my opinion..thats my goal for now then hopefully SL..
My regimen is in my Fotki.

jazzzmoods

Hi Ladies! I will join you in this challenge!!!