2012 Ayurvedic Challenge

ChristmasCarol

I'd like to join this challenge :yep:

I just received my first order from Ramdev :grin: Service was great and they shipped super-fast!

1. Post your Ayurvedic game plan - I will only use Ayurvedic oils - Amla and Mahabringraj to start and will incorporate others after trying these for 60 days.

2. Post what you desire your hair outcome to be at the end of this challenge - I would like to have more natural shine and naturally lessen the "sandiness" of my haircolor.

3. Post stats - I am BSL and will BC when I reach WL later in the year (shooting for September/October)

Starting pic, in case I change my siggy:

EasypeaZee

I am subscribing as well. I MUST know more!! I jut bought some brahmi oil but I think I'll participate from the sidelines this time around!! Good luck ladies :yep:

g.lo

just did a treatment today, mixed : amla, Makka, Brhami, hibiscus, kalpi and fenugreek power with hot water and mill creek biotin!! my hair is so soft!

Ronnieaj

I think I'll do a rinse tonight. It contains amla, brahmi, maka, fenugreek, hibiscus, cassia, shikakai, aritha, and coconut milk. My hair can't wait :grin:.

bestblackgirl

I did a DC with brahmi and amla powder on saturday. I oiled my scalp and hair with vatika oil the night before. It was my first time, and when I was putting the paste i felt like my hair was stripped of everything and was so hard an dry. But afte i was done and followed by CON conditioner my hair felt better.

My hair still smells great. Last night i did the GHE method using vatika oil on my scalp and ends. Im hoping to get at least 2 inches by June.

growinghealthyhair

Man oh man. I've been seriously MIA for a few weeks. But please believe i've been keeping up with my regimen :) I know it's only been about a month but thats a very long time for me to stay committed to something lol.

I've been doing weekly pastes (mostly mixing with conditioner) and it's been working out really well for me. My hair isn't nearly as dry as It usually is.

Platinum

Man oh man. I've been seriously MIA for a few weeks. But please believe i've been keeping up with my regimen :) I know it's only been about a month but thats a very long time for me to stay committed to something lol.

I've been doing weekly pastes (mostly mixing with conditioner) and it's been working out really well for me. My hair isn't nearly as dry as It usually is.

I love mixing my powders with conditioner!:yep:

I made an oil infusion with Brahmi and Amla and I plan to use it as a nightly scalp oil.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

growinghealthyhair

I love mixing my powders with conditioner!:yep:

I made an oil infusion with Brahmi and Amla and I plan to use it as a nightly scalp oil.

Platinum
I love it too!! I think that may be my favorite way to use them. (haven't tried tea rinses yet though) This is the only thing that i've found that makes my hair so soft with very little effort. What conditioners do you usually use?? I need to do some oil infusions. I'm just so lazy :lachen:

Platinum

Platinum
I love it too!! I think that may be my favorite way to use them. (haven't tried tea rinses yet though) This is the only thing that i've found that makes my hair so soft with very little effort. What conditioners do you usually use?? I need to do some oil infusions. I'm just so lazy :lachen:

I like using Suave Humectant and Tresemme Naturals because they're cone-free and inexpensive. I do a lot of Ayurvedic cowashes, especially during the warmer months. I don't feel the need to constantly spend money on expensive condishes.:look:

Adonia1987

This is the last challenge I am joining!

I will use my Ayurvedic products once a week on wash days.

Henna treatment 1x a month(or 1x every 6 weeks-I am lazy)
Amla and Hibiscus treatment 1x a week. I keep this overnight.
Marshmallow and hibiscus rinse 1x a week
Scalp massage with bhringraj oil 3x a week.

I have baby fine hair and low density. I hope that this can give more weight and density to my hair. I will try this for a six month period. Hopefully I see some good results.
I will post a starting picture in about two weeks when I straighten my hair.

tashboog

I'm on Instagram
I did my first ayurvedic paste today, but I'm not sure how I feel about it :perplexed. It was messy and its time consuming making the paste. I didn't have any problems washing out the paste. It might be because I chopped my powders into a mini chopper then added conditioner, coconut oil, and hibiscus/fenugreek tea. I did do an overnite prepoo with amla and coconut oil. When I rinsed out the paste, my hair didn't feel super soft or anything spectacular, but it did feel clean :yep:. The powders I used was amla, bhringraj, brahmi, and kapur kachri. I cowashed after the paste with my bear fruit hair orange ginger cleansing conditioner, and then I used up the rest of my hibiscus/fenugreek tea and added my DC on top. My hair usually comes out super soft when I use the mud wash so I guess I thout the paste would provide similar results, but not so much. Therefore, I think I will only do the paste once a month and then alternate between the poo bar, tea rinses, and my terressentials mud wash :yep:.

leiah

I washed with shikakai, aritha, and eucalyptus leaf powder just now. Felt really good but I made a big mess

Ms. Tiki

Just finished mixing my henna. I'm letting it sit for a bit then I'm going to add my oils to it. I put some amla powder in it and it went up my nose, mistake. My allergies were acting up already but now I'm about to die. I have an amla premade pre-poo in my hair mixed with molasses, honey, evoo, & wgo. I said I was going to do one last protein rich hair day and get strict with upping my moisture.

Platinum

I did my first ayurvedic paste today, but I'm not sure how I feel about it :perplexed. It was messy and its time consuming making the paste. I didn't have any problems washing out the paste. It might be because I chopped my powders into a mini chopper then added conditioner, coconut oil, and hibiscus/fenugreek tea. I did do an overnite prepoo with amla and coconut oil. When I rinsed out the paste, my hair didn't feel super soft or anything spectacular, but it did feel clean :yep:. The powders I used was amla, bhringraj, brahmi, and kapur kachri. I cowashed after the paste with my bear fruit hair orange ginger cleansing conditioner, and then I used up the rest of my hibiscus/fenugreek tea and added my DC on top. My hair usually comes out super soft when I use the mud wash so I guess I thout the paste would provide similar results, but not so much. Therefore, I think I will only do the paste once a month and then alternate between the poo bar, tea rinses, and my terressentials mud wash :yep:.

tashboog
I'm not familiar with Bear Fruit products but I'm concerned about the fact that you used a cleansing conditioner. Next time, try using a moisturizing conditioner and see how your hair reacts.

tashboog

I'm on Instagram
tashboog
I'm not familiar with Bear Fruit products but I'm concerned about the fact that you used a cleansing conditioner. Next time, try using a moisturizing conditioner and see how your hair reacts.
Hey Platinum! It doesn't have any stripping ingredients in it. Its for cowashing and I've used it in the past for cowashes and it produces soft hair for me. I'm not even sure which ingredient is the cleansing one but I will check their website and post the ingredients.
This is an insert from Bear Fruit Hair's website:
Orange is a cleansing fruit that adds softness and shine to hair, increases scalp circulation, and offers a refreshing scent. Ginger contains fatty acids recommended for hair thinning/loss, and increases circulation in the scalp to stimulate hair follicles. Also contains palm fruit kernel oil, and coconut oil, with added benefits of great detangling and helping dandruff. As with most Bear Fruit Hair products, this cleanser is awesomely natural, gentle and safe for the locks of little ones.
Ingredients (on my bottle): Purified Water, Cetearyl, Coconut Oil, Palm Fruit Kernel Oil, Ceteareth-20, Orange Peel Ginger, & Preservative.

I don't think this caused any dryness, but my issue was that my hair didn't feel that soft before I even used this product. My paste had conditioner and coconut oil so I was expecting the same type of results like I do with my conditioners or mud wash. The next time I try the paste, I will try it with a different conditioner. However, I did have soft hair after I rinsed out the hibiscus/fenugreek tea & DC :grin:. I'm air drying now so I don't no if I will have soft or crunchy hair yet :lol:.

Adonia1987

I got my Bhringraj oil today! Yay! I forgot what it smelled like, Thank God I wear a wig! I massaged it on my scalp and my hair immediately felt soft! I hope my hair will not shed too much. That's the issue I had three years ago when I was using it.

MrsJaiDiva

Embracing the Light
I swear, Ayurveda just feels so Right to my hair that it's not even a challenge. It would be more of a challenge to Stop! Love :heart2: my shikakai cowash!!

greenandchic

Last night I did a brahmi gloss on my hair, concentrating it on my scalp hoping it will help with shedding/hair loss.

Adonia1987

I did a mix yesterday of Amla, Hibiscus, and marshmallow powders. I kept it overnight, then DC the next morning with AOHSR. I used KCKT and sealed with Bhringraj oil. I use u part wigs as a PS, and when I flat ironed my leave out it was so silky and straight! My hair never felt this way before when i flat ironed it. I don't know what part of my regimen caused it but I was impressed! I will use the powders every 2 weeks because it is a lot of work.

Platinum

Did a Brahmi/Amla cowash yesterday and my hair feels wonderful today.:yep:

sheanu

Lurking...:sekret: the info you ladies have provided have really helped made the ayurveda transition easy. Thanks!

Zedster

I had to change up my game plan since my store ran out of amla powder :(

I had a lot of buildup, so I did a paste with calcium bentonite clay (a.k.a. Indian Secret Clay), shikakai, rose, and liquid strained from methi seeds. Even though this mix is more on the cleansing side than conditioning, my hair didn't feel dry at all. I gave Vatika oil one more shot since people rave so much about it, but after a few days, my scalp was itching bad so I had to wash it out (used plain clay mask, let sit for a few, then rinsed out).

Once I finish studying I'm going to do a mix with shikakai, orange peel, kapoor kachli, and methi, then seal with shea butter and castor oil.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Most of my products have ayurvedic oils in them. I'm wondering if that is good enough. I don't think you can overkill on these products. My hair is really thriving since using them.