2012 Ayurvedic Challenge

g.lo

1. Post your Ayurvedic game plan - I have made an yuverdic oil ( a blend of castor, coconut, hemp, rice bran, grapessed) with amla, hibiscus, brhami, fenugreekMakka and infused also with nettle, horsetail, coltsfoot and burdock root . i use the oil to seal and also used twice a week overnight.
i mix (once a week) makka, Brhami, hibiscus, henna, amla, molasses , my BFh condish and a hot infusion of marshmallow root and flaxeed. I would like to try kapur kachi.

2. Post what you desire your hair outcome to be at the end of this challenge
I am mainly doing this for gaining density

3. Post stats – I am APl with Natural hair

tashboog

I'm on Instagram
I would like to join this challenge :grin:. After seeing Krystle~Hime before and after results, have fully convinced me to give ayurvedic products a try :yep:. I'm going to my local Indian store tomorrow and I'll be back with my info. I've also read just about every thread I can imagine about ayurvedic and I have enuff recipes to keep me busy so now I just need to purchase my powders :grin:.

Platinum

Platinum Where are you getting your powders? Are you getting them locally or online? TIA

Hi Ms. Tiki I usually purchase my Ayurvedic products locally from Raja Indian Spices store on the corner of Baymeadows & Old Kings Rd (they are located in the strip mall across the street from Winn Dixie). :yep: I recently found a place on Beach Blvd near Hodges called "Hala Imports Grocery(?)" (in a strip mall across the street from Sam's Club). If you go to the one on Beach, make sure you check the expiration dates on the products. Some of them were expired the last time I went to that store. :sad:

Hope this helps!

greenandchic

1. Post your Ayurvedic game plan.
I'm going to use oils and powders and dried leaves. Most of the oils I will make from powder infusions in coconut, olive and jojoba oils. The leaves I will make teas for my scalp out of.

I also have a hair cleanser I purchased today that has Shikakai in it.

Most of the time I will stretch my hair via twist outs and protective style that.

I have (or will buy):
Amla (powder)
Shikakai (powder)
Brahmi
Bhringraj
Neem (leaves that I make tea out of)
Hibiscus (leaves)
Cassia
Henna

I also have other herbs that I will use on my hair.

2. Post what you desire your hair outcome to be at the end of this challenge
Stopping the excess shedding, thicker hair and better retention.

3. Post stats
BSL in a U shape. Natural

Zedster

I'm also in! I should be sleeping, so I'll hold my spot for tomorrow when I can do proper research and post my plan for the new year. I really need a good hair regimen and hope this challenge will get me on that path :)

Edit: Okay, my submission to the challenge is…

1. Ayuredic game plan: I don't plan to limit myself to only oils or powder, but I find I tend to use powders more. I don't have a real regimen, other than a weekly Nupur mehendi treatment, so I'm going to try out the mixes suggested by The Moptop Maven in addition to some experimental mixes of my own:
  1. Daily tea rinse of methi+hibiscus+alma+brahmi, castor oil to seal, and nightly GHE
  2. baking soda to clarify as needed (monthly?)
  3. Weekly cleanse paste of amla+shikakai+neem (maybe also aritha), followed by an ACV rinse
  4. Weekly conditioning paste of hibiscus+fenugreek+Kalpi Tone and steamer
  5. Monthly Nupur mehendi paste
I'm very much still new to this, so if any of this sounds wrong/foolish, please let me know!

I cover my hair and usually do flat twists or occasionally a bun right after washing.

2. Desired hair outcome: Healthy growth. I've got plenty of SSKs, split ends, and breakage that I hope this challenge will dissipate.

3. Stats: Currently natural SL hoping for anything longer than it is now, LOL…APL would be nice.

4. Pics of products used: will do later if I'm not too lazy :grin:

5. Before and after pic: I'll wash my hair later today and see if my camera has any battery life left.

Last edited:

Platinum

Im stalking and wondering if any relaxed ladies are joining, I need tips :)

tajaun check out the Ayurvedic challenge threads from previous years. They contain a wealth of information. I can't provide the links because I'm on my phone but posters like Flowinlocks and Vestaluv are relaxed ladies and have had awesome results!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Ms. Tiki

Im stalking and wondering if any relaxed ladies are joining, I need tips :)

Yes, we are joining. I use paste just like everyone else. I also have some powders mixed into my conditioners for the days I'm feeling lazy. I also use oils and shampoo bars

Last edited:

Ms. Tiki

Platinum I normally go to Raja but they don't have everything. Does Hala have bhringaraj? I tried to find a number for them to call but I couldn't find it

tashboog

I'm on Instagram
I've just ordered my first shampoo bar by Chagrin Valley. It's the ayurvedic herb shampoo bar :lick:! Omw to the Indian store :grin:.

tashboog

I'm on Instagram
Ok So I'm finally posting my info for this challenge :grin::
1. Post your Ayurvedic game plan - Are you going to use ONLY oils, ONLY powder or a combo of both? Which ones? How will you style your hair after? Roller set, braid-out, wig, pony, bun, etc…
I've just ordered bhringraj powder, brahmi powder, kapur kachri powder, kalpitone powder, organic amla oil, organic hibiscus flower, shampoo bar, and marshmallow root. I already have Vatika oil that I've been using to seal and I like it so far. I am planning on using a combination of teas, paste, oils including my own infused oils, and making my own styling and moisturizing products from these items. Later on down the line, I'm planning on adding henna from the Moroccomethod brand. I am planning on styling my hair mainly in protective styles unless I'm going somewhere special then I will wear my hair out.

2. Post what you desire your hair outcome to be at the end of this challenge.
At the end of this challenge, I desire thicker hair, my alopecia spots to be filling in, and longer healthier hair in general.

3. Post stats – current and goal length and state whether you’re natural or relaxed
My current length is APL and my goal length is BSB and I'm natural.

Last edited:

Platinum

Platinum I normally go to Raja but they don't have everything. Does Hala have bhringaraj? I tried to find a number for them to call but I couldn't find it

I used to buy it from Raja but I haven't been able find it lately. I've never seen it at Halah. I guess we'll have to order it online.:sad: bhringaraj (Maka) is my favorite powder and I hate that I'm having a hard time finding it.

choctaw

I used to buy it from Raja but I haven't been able find it lately. I've never seen it at Halah. I guess we'll have to order it online.:sad: bhringaraj (Maka) is my favorite powder.

Platinum

I was told that there are lots of Indian grocers on Baymeadow in Jax. Another big spot for Indian grocers is Orlando. Check www.yelp.com for henna near your zip code. I found a store in Holly Hill (40 mins) versus driving to Jax (90 mins) each way. HTH

Ms. Tiki

Platinum The guy that own Raja told me he is having a hard time finding it and he's not going to try to order it anymore. He told me to order it online but I was still trying to find somewhere locally.

choctaw There is only one now. There used to be two but the other one closed. Where are you? It doesn't sound like you are actually in Jax.

Krystle~Hime

Just mixing cassia/amla/brahmi/maka with brahmi juice and nettle/colsfoot/horsetail tea. As usual, i've added some hydrolysed protein.

I've added some marshmallow/flaxseed gel for helping with the rinse.

BRAHMI JUICE STINKS. :lick:

choctaw

Platinum The guy that own Raja told me he is having a hard time finding it and he's not going to try to order it anymore. He told me to order it online but I was still trying to find somewhere locally.

choctaw There is only one now. There used to be two but the other one closed. Where are you? It doesn't sound like you are actually in Jax.

Ms. Tiki,

I live in Flagler county where there are no Indian grocers. I have purchased maka and brahmi at a natural herbs shop in St. Augustine called Healing Waters Clinic. HTH

ETA: link to shop: http://www.healingwatersclinic.com/

Last edited:

g.lo

Just mixing cassia/amla/brahmi/maka with brahmi juice and nettle/colsfoot/horsetail tea. As usual, i've added some hydrolysed protein.

I've added some marshmallow/flaxseed gel for helping with the rinse.

BRAHMI JUICE STINKS. :lick:

Krystle~Hime, this is weird just made the same mixture tonight, except from the protein, i have use molasses!!!!!!

Divafied3

I am waiting on my order.....let me tell you....I am so ready for the ayurvedic goodies I'm trying some new things. I have only tried henna and EVCO. I waiting on my Bhringraj powder, vitika oil, Jamaica black castor oil and brahmi powder. I also will be putting in an order for Amla; marshmellow root and Hibiscus powder. I just can't wait until I have everything.:grin:

Platinum

I used a Swatztik Shampoo bar last night for the first time.:lick: I'll probably do an Ayurvedic cowash today.

Platinum

Ms. Tiki you can also check out Apna Bazaar on Beach Blvd for some of the powders. I still like Raja Spices store better. At this point, I guess we will have to find Bhringraj powder online because I can't find it in Jacksonville.