Ayurveda Lovers Unite!!!

Ronnieaj

how many times in a week do you rinse ? if it's more than once a week, don't you have too much frizz :s??

I rinse once a week. I've always been a 1x/week washer. My daily spritz has maka, fenugreek, hibiscus, amla, and cassia in it; I try to incorporate it in multiple things.

And I leave my twists in for 3 weeks, so the frizz is out of control by the end. I redo the front edge and pin the rest up and KIM.

Sent from my DROID2 using DROID2

Krystle~Hime

I rinse once a week. I've always been a 1x/week washer. My daily spritz has maka, fenugreek, hibiscus, amla, and cassia in it; I try to incorporate it in multiple things.

And I leave my twists in for 3 weeks, so the frizz is out of control by the end. I redo the front edge and pin the rest up and KIM.

Ronnieaj
interesting because between take down, I don't do rinses, but I baggy. and I was like why not doing a rinse, then baggying for incorporate more ayurvedic in my routine. I also baggy once a week. but It's only once because between takes downs because I keep my hair twisted 2 weeks. I think I will keep them now 3 weeks for less manipulation and more rinses.

Do you think scalp massage>rinse>baggy is okay?

choctaw

Pre-poo with Neem oil
shampoo with Giovanni 50:50
condition & shower comb detangle with Nexxus phyto organic Nectaress
leave-in rinse with catnip fenugreek tea
oil edges and ends with Neem oil
braid to dry

gennatay

For those who use Rhassoul Clay, where do you buy it from? Its sold out everywhere or the shipping is extremely high

Pompous Blue

For those who use Rhassoul Clay, where do you buy it from? Its sold out everywhere or the shipping is extremely high
gennatay I live in a small town and don't have stores that sell it; so, I have to buy it online. And when I do, I buy in bulk -- enough for 1 year.

Here are some online vendors that are reputable and ship quickly -

Ayurnaturalbeauty.com – 8 oz. $6.00 (free shipping over $60).

Essentialwholesale.com – 5 lbs - $41.95 ($10.95 shipping).

Camdengrey.com – 8 oz. - $4.30 ($10.95 shipping)
1lb. - $7.50 ($10.95 shipping)
5lbs. - $32 ($14.05 shipping)

Hennasooq.com (she’s a member here) – range in price from $6.75 - $50.00

Fromnaturewithlove.com – 5 lbs - $75.00 ($11.56 shipping)

I just restocked during essentialwholesale.com's 25% off Black Friday Sale. I buy in bulk and bought 5 lbs. The total with shipping came out to $8.49/lb. This will last me and DH 1 year.

Some of the vendors sell from 8oz. up to 100 lbs.

HTH

growinghealthyhair

Ronnieaj
Do you mid sharing how you make your daily spritz? Is this for moisture? I've been looking for a way to incorporate Ayurvedic herbs daily without always doing oils.

Ronnieaj

@Ronnieaj
Do you mid sharing how you make your daily spritz? Is this for moisture? I've been looking for a way to incorporate Ayurvedic herbs daily without always doing oils.

growinghealthyhair, I make around 32oz at a time. I infuse 20oz of water with a mix of hibiscus, fenugreek, maka, amla and cassia herbs, in a 3:3:3:2:1 ratio. I just use a coffee maker and run distilled water through it to infuse the herbs. I use around 8oz of aloe vera juice, then 1oz of Fermodyl 619 (2 vials), 1-2oz of Aphogee leave-in condish, a capful of SAA, glycerin or honeyquat in the summer, and 1oz of a blend of oils, which vary depending on the season. I add some fragrance oil, because I'm not fond of the smell of avj. Clearly I make the same thing time and again :look:.

This is definitely primarily for moisture, but my hair does best with a small amount of protein daily, hence the aphogee and cassia inclusion. You could definitely make it without that. For me, this mix makes my hair soft, shiny and well moisturized. When I'm in twists, like I am now, I can do this and not feel the need to seal after. I typically spritz 1-2x/day with it :yep:. HTH!

ladysaraii

Goodness.

So I'm trying an experiment with neem since it's supposed to do some great things, but lord hammercy this stuff clings to the hair. I'd actually like to put a mix of JBCO/neem oil on my edges each night, but I dont know if that would be a bad idea.

And fyi, when using it, dont get it into your mouth. Trust me

growinghealthyhair

growinghealthyhair, I make around 32oz at a time. I infuse 20oz of water with a mix of hibiscus, fenugreek, maka, amla and cassia herbs, in a 3:3:3:2:1 ratio. I just use a coffee maker and run distilled water through it to infuse the herbs. I use around 8oz of aloe vera juice, then 1oz of Fermodyl 619 (2 vials), 1-2oz of Aphogee leave-in condish, a capful of SAA, glycerin or honeyquat in the summer, and 1oz of a blend of oils, which vary depending on the season. I add some fragrance oil, because I'm not fond of the smell of avj. Clearly I make the same thing time and again :look:.

This is definitely primarily for moisture, but my hair does best with a small amount of protein daily, hence the aphogee and cassia inclusion. You could definitely make it without that. For me, this mix makes my hair soft, shiny and well moisturized. When I'm in twists, like I am now, I can do this and not feel the need to seal after. I typically spritz 1-2x/day with it :yep:. HTH!
Ronnieaj
Girl you are a little chemist over there lol. Where do you get SAA? What does it do? I'm sooo going to make mine tomorrow . I have maca root. Not sure if that's the same as maka though. . I'm in corn rows and I find it's much easier to most my hair. I need to invest in a coffee maker lol.

Ronnieaj

@Ronnieaj
Girl you are a little chemist over there lol. Where do you get SAA? What does it do? I'm sooo going to make mine tomorrow . I have maca root. Not sure if that's the same as maka though. . I'm in corn rows and I find it's much easier to most my hair. I need to invest in a coffee maker lol.

growinghealthyhair, LOL, I know right?? I go through spritzes so doggone quickly though it stopped making sense to buy them. I actually got my SAA from a LHCF member, but you can get it from lotioncrafter.com, and I'm sure a bunch of other places. Although I think it's technically a protein, it's one of the moisturizing ones, not like keratin or wheat protein, so it works well in this. And I don't drink coffee, so I only invested in a 5 cup machine from Target for around $20.

Pompous Blue

@Ronnieaj

@growinghealthyhair, LOL, I know right?? I go through spritzes so doggone quickly though it stopped making sense to buy them. I actually got my SAA from a LHCF member, but you can get it from lotioncrafter.com, and I'm sure a bunch of other places. Although I think it's technically a protein, it's one of the moisturizing ones, not like keratin or wheat protein, so it works well in this. And I don't drink coffee, so I only invested in a 5 cup machine from Target for around $20.
growinghealthyhair I get mine from lotioncrafter.com, too. They have a 7% discount for LHCF. Go to the vendor forum to get the code.

Tonto

I must say... I am a novice in Ayurveda. The only thing (i think) I know what do do is henna my hair. I feel like shampoos are not good for me anymore like for real! I don't find anyone that does the job>>> got a long way to go with the powders... :newbie:

Pompous Blue

@Ronnieaj
growinghealthyhair It also helps to grow your eye lashes in thicker and longer. There's a thread about it in the makeup forum.

Krystle~Hime

cassia/Amla/brahmi/bhringraj/phytokeratin.
I added a little of cetrimonium chloride for its awesome detangling properties.

I think i will leave it 4-5 hours. I don't know.

growinghealthyhair

Ronnieaj
Thanks so much!! I'm going to make my own this weekend. If i can find the time. It's my son's bday. So maybe I can sneak a little time in for hair this weekend lol. Also, as far as the ratios, 3:3:3:2:1 I understand that, but is it 3:2:1 tablespoons/teaspoons?

And thanks as well Pompous Blue

How do you use the SAA?

Ms. Tiki

I made an oil out of the powders I have left. I'm adding sulfur to the oil but I want to know if anyone has tried to add MN to their mix. I would normally do this if I didn't have the indian powders in it. I still don't have all the powders I need to clean my hair with but it's whatever.

Krystle~Hime

What kind of powders can I mix yogurt?

any powders except the clarifying one, IMO it's not good to mix the clarifying ones(shikakai, aritha) with the conditioniing ones because they don't have the same application leaving time. shikakai and aritha does their job in 15minutes, but with your yogurt DC you can add amla, brahmi, maka(bringhraj) from one hour to overnight with no problem !

IMO

babyshuf2

I absolutely love Ayurvedic powders and oils for my hair. I need to start using them for everything else. My favs that I'm currently using EVERYDAY are Vatika and Amla oils. My hair feels heavenly and I love the smell :drunk:! I have been following this awsome YouTuber named ReviveUK for a few years now. She provides easy recipes and even has a store to order from if you don't want to make them yourself. This is her youtube page: http://www.youtube.com/user/ReviveUK. I definitely want to use more Ayurvedic products! God Bless!

growinghealthyhair

Ronnieaj

I'm thinking about getting that coffee machine this weekend... :look:

If I don't whats another way I can use them? When I order my OCT I think i'm going to add some of it to an applicator bottle and mimic your MT mix. Did you add them directly to it? Or did you make a rinse before or something?

Ronnieaj

growinghealthyhair,

I use powders for either liquid concoctions, pastes, or to infuse oils. When I do an MT mix, I'll add an oil to it rather than the powder itself. So my MT mix is MT, JBCO, bhringraj, amla and neem oils (all separate oils), and then some herbs.

Pastes are super easy. I rarely do them, but they're so easy! Mix your powders of choice--if you include a cleansing powder, I like to do at least 2 moisturizing powders--add some water and oil and apply it. You can make much more elaborate combinations, but that's a good start.

Teas are just my favorite way of using the powder to cleanse. A warning about the coffee maker though: powders ARE NOT COFFEE! That means that the water doesn't always flow through super quick. You may put in 5 cups and get 3 out, and it'll drip out another cup or two. Also, some herbs are tiny and can get through the filter; for this I drain with a cheesecloth if necessary. Doing two filters, for me, just made it take longer to brew the powders, and I'm too impatient for that.

SoleilChica

I made an oil out of the powders I have left. I'm adding sulfur to the oil but I want to know if anyone has tried to add MN to their mix. I would normally do this if I didn't have the indian powders in it. I still don't have all the powders I need to clean my hair with but it's whatever.

I infuse amla into my castor oil for my MN mixture, it works great!

lovestarr

I just washed out my paste and it left my twa super soft and fluffy. DCing now with a mixture of 2 tbs MT, AOHSR, 1 tbs amla powder, 1 tb maka powder, AVG, and 5 drops peppermint eo. It is creamy and smells delish! :lick: Will sit for 2-3 hours

newnyer

Hey ladies. Well I have been a henna lover for almost a year now but after reading so much about other ayuverdic herbs on this forum I decided to take the plunge and experiment with others. Tonight I am DCing with my regular condish (alter ego) and I added maka, brahmi, and alma powders with about 2 tsps of honeyquat & 1 tsp of SAA. I'm going to keep this in for about another hour & we'll see how it goes!! If it works, I think next time I'll put more powder in...the consistency with the conditioner was still a little too runny after I put my shower cap on. I had a little left of this mixture so I put it in the freezer like I do with my leftover henna. The other powders should still be effective for next use, right? LOL- I tell you, if a stranger came in and saw my freezer they'd think I was a mad woman, I'll have my DC mix next to my chicken cutlets. :)