2011 Cowash Challenge--May 1st to August 31st

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
tiffers so i was supposed to nap for 1/2 hr and then go get it.....i just got up and realised the time. Place closed :( i am so frustrated! I'm going back to sleep. :/

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Cowashed with Shea Moisture Reconstructing Conditioner. It was my first time using it and me likey. :yep:

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Started cowashing a few nights ago and I love it. :yep: My brief reviews thus far:
SDH Whip My Hair cleansing cream - made my hair soft
HV Moist Condition Pro - made my hair feel balanced and resilient
HV Moist Pro 24/7 - made my hair soft

Thus far, I prefer Moist Condition Pro. The other two are tied for a close second.

Platinum

Did an Ayurvedic cowash with Suave Humectant using Kalpi Tone powder with extra Brahmi and Maka powders added.:yep:

Shay72

Natural, 4A
divachyk
I used to be a daily cowasher but have now cut back to about 2 times a week. If I remember I finger detangle when I cowash. Otherwise I've just accepted that until I do a full detangle on Sundays my hair will be tangled. I guess it would be helpful for you to know that I have tightly coiled 4a hair with a lot of shrinkage. Meaning although I am a little past a year post bc I look like I don't have much more than a TWA. But when stretched my hair is resting somewhere between collar bone and apl.

I cowashed this week with SSI's Okra Reconstructor and Claudie's Deep Moisturizing Conditioner.

tiffers

Cowashed with Shea Moisture Reconstructing Conditioner mixed with Silk Dreams PRE and rice bran oil. :lick:

divachyk

@divachyk how often are you co washing now?
Nix08 -Every other day. The goal is to cowash on gym days (Mon, Wed, Fri). I sweat a lot and the sweat dries my hair out and makes it crunchy. I try to workout 3x weekly.

@divachyk
I used to be a daily cowasher but have now cut back to about 2 times a week. If I remember I finger detangle when I cowash. Otherwise I've just accepted that until I do a full detangle on Sundays my hair will be tangled. I guess it would be helpful for you to know that I have tightly coiled 4a hair with a lot of shrinkage. Meaning although I am a little past a year post bc I look like I don't have much more than a TWA. But when stretched my hair is resting somewhere between collar bone and apl.

I cowashed this week with SSI's Okra Reconstructor and Claudie's Deep Moisturizing Conditioner.
Shay72 - I'm relaxed and don't have a clue what hair type I am. :giggle: What has been working for me is to comb lightly beforehand, keep my hair stretched while cowashing, and lightly comb through while air drying. My ouidad comb does great with wet combing.

tiffers

Cowashed with Shea Moisture Restorative Conditioner mixed with wheat germ oil.

Ltown

Greyland
MyAngelEyez~C~U, please sign me up for the Sept round, i'm new to cowashing, haven't master the waxy feeling after but so far its help reduce my dermatitis so its a keeper. Thanks!

divachyk

Does your hair go through cowashing withdrawal? My hair was feeling great when I cowashed every other day. I didn't cowash at all over the weekend and my became a desert. :nono: Did I create a monster?

MyAngelEyez~C~U

Does your hair go through cowashing withdrawal? My hair was feeling great when I cowashed every other day. I didn't cowash at all over the weekend and my became a desert. :nono: Did I create a monster?
It shouldn't. watch out for conditioner with cones in them. I think they can over-coat and cause dryness over time.

tiffers

Cowashed with Claudie's Avocado Conditioner mixed with wheat germ oil.

divachyk

Haven't cowashed since last week. Will cowash tomorrow with ??? - dunno at this time. Might finish off my whip my hair so that I can fully move on to something else.