2 Years and Counting....(((with pics)))

Nice & Wavy

I just responded to a post and realized that I've been here for two years!!!:blush: Where did the time go??? I did lurk for about 5 months before I joined. And....I made sure to include pics...I know how you ladies are about pics...:grin:

When I first came to LHCF, I was relaxed and although my hair was not too busted, I needed some help. Here is a pic of my hair when I first started my hair journey:

Here is a pic of my hair about 2 months into being on LHCF:

And here is my hair right before the BC:

Here is a pic of my hair after the BC:

Here is a pic of my hair straightend while natural:
and the one in my avatar. In this pic, I did get about 1 1/2 inches cut off.

I did the BC in August 2006 and so, this year in August will be 2 years natural...if I don't decide beforehand to texlax because I'm sweatin' Naturallady's hair and I'm jealous.....:lachen:...her hair is beautiful texlaxed:yep:

I don't feel that I've gotten the growth that I thought I would get by this time. It's growing, but really slow to me now. I noticed that when I was using growth aides, I KNOW I was getting better growth, so I'm thinking of going back on a few of them.

I do take vitamins and eat lots of fruits and veggies...but I guess I need a little help from my growth aide friends. I wonder if the slow growth is beause I'm getting older now.....hmmm, you never know.

At any rate, I've been blessed on this forum, not only with my hair, but meeting some really good people. I love good people...they are truly hard to find...so, when you find them....keep them and make them friends!

Ok, I've talked too much....so, I hope ya'll will have something to say in my thread...that would be so nice!

Blessings!

HighlyFavored1

your hair is beautiful! you made a lot of progress when you were relaxed and now that you are natural! could you share your regimen that you developed while you were relaxed?

TIA!

Nice & Wavy

your hair is beautiful! you made a lot of progress when you were relaxed and now that you are natural! could you share your regimen that you developed while you were relaxed?

TIA!

Thank you so much. I wish I could see more progress by now.

Well, mostly I just washed once a week and deep conditioned. I did use olive oil alot on my ends and used ElastaQP hair butter ( I miss that..I'm going to have to get some more of that...it worked good on my hair)
I kept my hair in a bun most of the time and only straightened it every now and then. That was my regimen while relaxed...its was pretty simple

GoingNatural

Gorgeous hair--curly and straight! Amazing progress! You have definitely nurtured your hair, it is the definition of health!

dlewis

Your hair is beautiful. I like it both ways but at least with it natural you can have your curls and get it straighten when you like.

Nice & Wavy

Your hair is beautiful. I like it both ways but at least with it natural you can have your curls and get it straighten when you like.

Thanks, D. I'm really contemplating texlaxing though...I'm trying not too but these curls are just so curly sometimes it's annoying.

I'm a mess today....:lachen:

gymfreak336

I love your hair N&W. Your relaxed hair was beautiful and your natural curls are too cute. I just want to pull one of your tendrils and watch it bounce :lol:

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Girl, you already KNOW how much I love your hair! I looooove your curls, SO gorgeous! Your hair looked really good relaxed too, but don't ever get rid of those beautiful ringlets, or we're gonna have a problem :brucelee:

NewYorkgyrl

WOW!!!! SOOOO very beautiful! :infatuated:

And GREAT progress. In two years! That is great. Not only did you make progress while relaxed, you did the big chop and still grew your hair back to shoulder length.

I wish my hair grew that fast.

Keep up the good work! :yep:

fluffylocks

And GREAT progress. In two years! That is great. Not only did you make progress while relaxed, you did the big chop and still grew your hair back to shoulder length.

OKAY??????

Thats what i was saying, shes talking about not enough progress, i need to know how she did it! LOL.

That looks like 4 year progress to me!

NICE----you went from top shoulderlength, to it looks like APL/about APL (Takes some people a YEAR)

Then Bigchopped, and had natural hair was Shoulderlength! (SL is about 12-16 inches right? 2-3 years???)

So had you been transitoning for a long time, like before you came to the board?

And, i dont want to be rude, but i think your natural hair looks 100x better than your hair with chemicals (even though they are both gorgous)

blackbarbie

O.K. N&W, I'm going to have to be biased and say that I love your hair better curly!!!............................................................That's only cause my hair wants to be like yours when it grows up!!!:grin:
No really, it looks good either way and don't worry about the length b/c you certainly have the health! (and I will take that any day)

BB

Nice & Wavy

Girl, you already KNOW how much I love your hair! I looooove your curls, SO gorgeous! Your hair looked really good relaxed too, but don't ever get rid of those beautiful ringlets, or we're gonna have a problem :brucelee:

Uh-oh.....:roadrunner:

Thanks girl...I appreciate you!

Nice & Wavy

Awww...thanks. You make me feel as though there is hope for me...I appreciate that so much!