Three Years And Counting

summertimewine

*sips tea*
I just realized I made it to three years! :amen:
I stopped obsessively tracking the length of my hair a while ago, around the 1.5 year mark. So I don't have the usual progression pictures :rolleyes:
My routine has stayed very consistent throughout my journey. I've trimmed my hair twice during the three years, and had a major cut about 2 months ago. I only cut my hair, I've never been to a salon. I cut my hair pretty drastically two months ago to put in layers, which has helped with drying. My hair use to dry very flat on top because the top layer was SO long, which was relieved with the layers.

You can click to make the picture bigger
DEC2012.png
This was 3 months after my BC

JAN2013.png
About four months in, I was just a bald baby haha

JULY2013.png
This was about one year in, maybe just a couple months shy. My pattern started coming in.
DEC2013.png
About a year and a half.

Screen Shot 2015-06-29 at 2.34.06 PM.png
Two Years

DEC2014.JPG JAN2015.png
My hair at three years, getting way to big and hot:clap:
DEC2014.png
I did color my hair in the beginning of my journey, and I let my hair naturally ombre. Which I dyed black recently.
WHYLAYER.png
This is just to show why I needed to layer my hair. It was flat on the top because my top layers were so heavy, reaching about armpit length.

Have a healthy journey! :charge:

summertimewine

*sips tea*
I love updates like this, thank you for sharing! That head of hair of yours is so bouncy and beautiful. You've done a great job! What's your routine?

And yes - you are absolutely gorgeous, love that smile
Thank you :blush2:
I cowash every three days with either Tresseme Naturals Conditioner or Hair Food Conditioner.
Afterwards I use some kind of watery product, like Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Frizz-Free Curl Mousse, then Kinky Curly Knot Today, then Kinky Curly Curling Custard and finish with Jojoba or Almond oil.

Once a month I: Detangle, Shampoo with Hair Food Strawberry Ginger Root Clarifying Shampoo, Use Aphogee 2-Step protein treatment, and deep condition with Joico K-PAK Intense Hydrator or Giovanni 2Chic Argan Oil Deep conditioner.

I sleep with an extra large satin bonnet, and have satin pillows for those nights I don't feel like pulling my hair up!

HTH

Nazaneen

i like the shape of your hair, it's very pretty, so are you :).
i like the texture too, looks so soft.

you just made me wanna shave my head and start alll over lol

HaveSomeWine

Congrats. Your hair looks nice and healthy. I just made three years as well. Pretty random but you remind me of that singer Selena in some of those pictures, especially the fifth and last two photos.

So you only detangle once a month? Lucky. You probably get much less hair fall and broken strands than I. I wish there was a way to make that work for me. My hair strands are so fine that they get matted by the end of the week even with daily finger detangling. I hate brushing out my hair and seeing huge hair balls every wash lol.

summertimewine

*sips tea*
Congrats. Your hair looks nice and healthy. I just made three years as well. Pretty random but you remind me of that singer Selena in some of those pictures, especially the fifth and last two photos.

So you only detangle once a month? Lucky. You probably get much less hair fall and broken strands than I. I wish there was a way to make that work for me. My hair strands are so fine that they get matted by the end of the week even with daily finger detangling. I hate brushing out my hair and seeing huge hair balls every wash lol.
Thank you for the compliments!
No I detangle every time I cowash. Every time it looks like I lose so much hair too! I want to remedy why I lose so much when I detangle so often, but my hair is so massive and long I think it's a regular amount but just long pieces wrapped around in a ball. Does that make sense?