2 inches in 4 months Challenge (Sep-Dec 2012)

Lexsmarie

I know I'm late but.... I want to join this challenge! I've been PSing this entire month so I'm on track to accomplish this goal.

1. Starting pic (highly recommended)

2. Regimen

Co-washing 2-3 times per week with V05. Using S-Curl Moisturizer and seal with WGHO. I am bunning daily except for 3-4 times this year (Oct 3rd, week of Thanksgiving and week of Christmas and maybe New Years too). I am taking Silica, Wheat Germ Oil, Biotin and Fish Oil daily. I only drink water.

3. Long and/or short term goals

Long Term: WL ; Short Term: Thick, healthy hair

4. Healthy hair journey history

I had a lot of ups and downs to find the right regimen for me. I was BSL until March 2012 I cut to SL due to bad medication reaction and transitioning from BKT hair to Natural. I find that being patient and less manipulation to my hair works best. :grin: I'm excited to continue my journey and accomplish new goals. :yep: HHG

Attachments

• Hair 9-26-2012.jpg
    Hair 9-26-2012.jpg
    241.4 KB · Views: 38

Dee Raven

Ladies, I'm out. I'm starting to get headaches on wash day due to the weight. So I'm going to have to cut back. Good luck to all of you! Can't wait to see the results in December.

lamaria211

Checking in today was wash day! I love wash day I'm still using my Wen MC (ill never go back to poo) I DC'd for about 5hrs 45min with heat. My hair is still slightly damp in the middle, I just finished moisturizing with my shea butter mix and sealed with EVOCO

DominicanBrazilian82

Applied my NJoy mix tonight (Click Here) and also moisturized my hair with QP Elasta Mango/OO moisturizer. I plan to MN in the am and NJoy in the pm daily for two weeks. Co-washing 3-4x's/ week, DC'ing before and after wash and pooing once weekly during this two weeks period. DC and Leave-in shopping tomorrow. Excited!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Last edited:

alanaturelle

I haven't posted in almost two weeks. So checking in to just say that I have my hair in individual braids that I had done myself. It took me a whole weekend to install them and it was my first time ever putting them in myself. I moisturize & seal every other day and this weekend, I will attempt to wash and DC them. I plan on keeping the braids in for a month. This is part of my fall/winter regimen.

NaturalfienD

Checking In:

Still in my mini braids and in need of redoing a couple if I plan on keeping this style for 3 more weeks. This weekend, I will purchase MN so I can join the MN challenge again. My plan was to keep things off my scalp to see how it would behave but after seeing @ JPrayze's results, I changed my mind. :)

I need that growth child.

Anyway, I GHE'd while in my minis a couple days ago (I said I wouldn't but I spoke too soon) and I had great results. There was no shrinkage and my hair still looked neat the next morning.

I hope you all are doing well …

jenaccess

Here is my start picture. My hair has grown back alot since my cousin cut 6-8 inches off at the beginning of the year.

xu93texas

Hi ladies,
Checking in. I have nothing new to report. I'm still CW several times per week and faithfully wearing wigs as my protective style. I'm still applying my sulfur mixture every night and baggying every night. I can tell my TWA is growing now.

jenaccess

finally my start pictures. I forgot how to post pictures.lol

alanaturelle

I was supposed to wash and DC my braids this weekend but it's not happening. I have to work tomorrow and help a friend move on Sunday. But my scalp is itching like hell. This is the longest I went without washing my hair. I'll take these braids out next week and baby my hair, :)

candy626

Wow haven't checked in on my own challenge in a minute. I have been taking a break from hair and from LHCF, but have been wearing my hair mostly in wash n go's.

I am straightening my hair tomorrow and will attempt to blow dry with a round brush. If that doesn't work I will use a pick and then flat iron it out so that I can trim and check my progress.

greenandchic

Checking in:

I DC about 2x a week and only use very light, gentle proteins. I also henna about once a month (fell off the wagon most of the spring/summer). I seal the ends nightly and bun it most of the time.

Danniquin

I just deep conditioned my hair with Ors Replenish Pak mixed with honey...I left it on overnight, it melted my tangles out like butter!

I moisturized it well so it's nice and soft now. I had noticeably less breakage when I was moisturizing also...yay! I picked up some Aphogee so hopefully the breakage stops completely!

I started taking garlic for shedding and I'm gonna start a multivitamin and maybe mineral rich soon.

Whew, this is a lot of work, but I need these 2 inches!! :)

lamaria211

I had such a great wash day today. I used Aphogee 2 min for about 15mins then DC'd for hours. Used my leave ins, oils, serum and Vaseline my hair feels wonderful I have a serious case of hih disease right now:)

SoopremeBeing

Hi all. Just an update:

I poo'ed, DC'ed, and airdried with 2 essentials oils and Cantu Shea Butter today. I started to flat twist my hair, but I got nauseous for some reason, so Im taking a break. And I got my new bottle of Megatek the other day :yay:

My shrinkage is ridiculous, hadnt noticed how tight my curls are..

sherrimberri

Checking in. Followed my regimen today except I didn't use heat with my DC. I plan to DC on dry hair with heat on Thursday for slacking.

lamaria211

I did a mini trim today about 1/4" won't do another till this challenge is over. Ill be doing my ceramide deep treatment tonight using:
SD Vanilla Silk
AO GPB
Nexus Humectress
Evoco
Wheat germ oil
Sunflower oil
Will CW in the morning with Megatek

Dee Raven

Well ladies. I'm back in. Ya! I DC'd, washed, detangled and retwisted my hair yesterday and no headaches. So hopefully they don't come back. Also, I noticed that I have noticeably less shedding now. Like half as much as before. I'm not sure what to attribute it to. I've made a couple of changes in the last few months, DCing, using giovanni leave in, and detangling in 4 sections. But whatever it is, it's working.

NaturalfienD

Checking in:

… I will be applying MN after cowashing. I'm doing the 7 day V challenge (vaseline), so I will seal my ends with that and call it a night … I can't wait until I get the two inches I'm looking for. I hope you all are doing well …

Danniquin

Checking in:

I feel like I have a bunch of new growth! I relaxed my hair sometime near the end of august so I'm 8 or 9 weeks post. It's definitely more than usual...I think! haha

faithVA

This weekend going to pick up some more MSM. I think I noticed more growth with the MSM + biotin. The hair vitamins seemed to do nothing.

alanaturelle

I took my braids down today. Surprisingly, I didn't have a lot of shedding. I finger detangled and applied an oil mix that I'm using as prepoo. I'll wash tonight and do an overnight deep condition.

NaturalfienD

Checking In:

… Going to dc with Nexxus Humectress, a little grapeseed oil, and a cap fill of SAA. I will throw a couple of plastic caps on to steam while cleaning up the house. I plan on rinsing with cold water, using the Roux 619 leave in, and sealing with vaseline.

OT: I got in touch with a stylist who will 'big round' brush my hair and flat iron in time for the big reveal. I'm meeting with him in mid-December to make sure we are in the same page and to explain my expectations. I'm so excited!!

DominicanBrazilian82

Checking in: Over the past two weeks (especially last week) I was very serious about applying my growth aids (MN, sulfur mix). This week I wasn't so adamant because I had a heavier client load. I also had a wedding this weekend and a comedy concert. I blow-dried (sad face) and flat iron my hair (both on low) and haven't done much all weekend except for moisturize a few dry areas.

I will say that my hair has returned full circle. The health is back and the length and thickness are showing their pretty faces. My hair is super soft! Seriously. I will attribute this health to daily vitamin intake, moisturizing and conditioning. I'm already 1.5" inches in since 9/1. Ecstatic!

Before

image-2536084211.jpg

After

image-2747191771.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Last edited: