2 inches in 4 months Challenge (Sep-Dec 2012)

greenandchic

Checking in:

Monday/Tuesday - overnight henna gloss treatment
Tuesday - Twisted ponytail PS. Sulfur mix on scalp that night
Wednesday - Moisturize & seal with homemade shealoe mix and leave-in.

faithVA

Cowashed with Deva Care One. Then rinsed with AVJ. Trying this for the first time. Heated up my Taliah Waajid Mist Bodifier and saturated my hair. Baggied for 15 minutes. Then finger coiled my hair. Hopefully I will at least have a curly fro tomorrow.

Learned that even though I think my hair is saturated, it's not and I need to apply more leave-in.

LongLeggedLife

Soooo...I took down my braids yesterday, with all intentions of redoing it in about a week.
But I dont want to now that Im playing in my hair AND Im ready to trim! I dont think I can wait til the end of the challenge as planned (which is why I wanted to stay in braids:/). Im DC'ing right now, so I guess Ill decide shortly if I absolutely have to trim or if I can hold off a bit longer. But I really just want to wear my hair out for the rest of the challenge so idk..my ends are slightly thin.

Let me add this pic to go along with the rant:/

I really just want to chop an inch or two and get rid of the thin ends:(
Havent done anything yet because I just might re-braid it, but if I get too close to the scissors....

faithVA

[USER=309181 said:
LongLeggedLife[/USER];16882315]Let me add this pic to go along with the rant:/

I really just want to chop an inch or two and get rid of the thin ends:(
Havent done anything yet because I just might re-braid it, but if I get too close to the scissors....

You should do whatever is going to provide you the healthiest hair and the best retention over the next 3 months. If it's trimming then go for it. But if you can retain with just the braids then that is fine as well. Put the challenge second and make sure you are keeping your hair healthy.

xu93texas

Hi,
I'm checking in. I'm 4 weeks post BC and my hair grew 1/2 inch. I'm OK with that, but I need to up my game. :ohwell:

Danniquin

Checking in, I flat ironed my hair twice since I last checked in...I was trying to stay away from heat, but I couldn't resist! I deep conditioned and used heat protection every time though so I don't think I cause any damage! Also I air dry my hair before I flat iron. Other than that I'm sticking with my regimen and still moisturizing everyday!

sherrimberri

While following my regimen today, i was taking out the shed hairs and I measured one of them. It measured 15.5 inches I'm so excited. Hopefully by dec 31 I'll be at 17-17.5 inches!

DominicanBrazilian82

Checking in: Ive been keeping up with my retention regiment... Poo'ing once weekly, co-washing once weekly, DC'ing twice weekly for two hours or more under heat and mostly protective styling. I haven't blow-dried my hair at all in September; but I have flat ironed twice (no more until October 12th/13th for wedding/Kevin Hart). I dont plan to blow dry at all anymore in 2012. Today is day 2 of my moisture and sealing everyday until October 1st. First time I have ever done this (not a fan of weighed down hair). I basically wear my hair down and prefer the sleek look, not the slick look; but trust when I say I am reaping the benefits of added moisture! My hair has never been so shiny and strong! Before beginning my HHJ I rarely conditioned at all; except for regular wash out conditioning. My idea of a DC was leaving it on in the shower while I shaved and washed. My hair has never been past shoulder length either.

I was doing the MN challenge for a while, and not that I've stopped, but I first want to combat this excessive dryness. I wasn't sure if the MN was causing it. So I am going to rectify. Plus!!!! I really like NJoy's concoction. I've wanted to add JBCO to my regiment for a while now. Thickness is my real goal. I'd take thicker hair over longer hair any day!

I'm also getting the relaxer itch! But I want to stretch to at least twenty weeks.

I braided in french braids after I moisturized and sealed (moisturizing with CON Argan Oil Moisturizer and sealed last night with coconut oil and tonight with jojoba oil). I only did two French braids and my hair was full of crimps! I did four tonight for more definition.

I've also baggy'd these last two nights. Its all about the moisture.

Well that's the story, morning glory :). Goodnight.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Last edited:

MrsJaiDiva

Embracing the Light
Not doing a Single length check till November! I'm also buying a detangling brush...hopefully that makes detangling quicker, and easier. Ever since I dropped back to co-cleansing every 3 days, it's been a bit more difficult to detangle, and I have no patience.

Besides that, I'm just sticking to my regimen and everything is on track.

lamaria211

Not doing a Single length check till November! I'm also buying a detangling brush...hopefully that makes detangling quicker, and easier. Ever since I dropped back to co-cleansing every 3 days, it's been a bit more difficult to detangle, and I have no patience.

Besides that, I'm just sticking to my regimen and everything is on track.

Oh I'm so excited on Thurs ill be ordering a Mason Pearson detangling comb and brush:) I can't wait!

Dee Raven

I deep conditioned my hair yesterday, washed, detangled and retwisted. I spent the last two weeks doing S&D. And now I'm forcing myself to stop. It has become a bit of an obsession and as of yesterday I was ready to cut back to waist or mid back length. So I'm putting away the scissors and trying my best not to cut until the end of this challenge and after I've taken adequate progress pictures.

NaturalfienD

Checking In ...

On Thursday, I individually took my loose twists out and did mini braids- the process took about eight to ten hours, broken up over two days. It really was not as bad as the sessions I had with yarn braids and twists with extensions ... maybe it took me so long to complete those installs because I would add extensions that landed at my tailbone. I digress ...

I did a moisturizing deep conditioner with Nexxus Humectress, Grapeseed Oil, and a cap of SAA. I added a couple of plastic caps to get it steamy and left the mix in for a couple of hours. Before washing out, I applied Everyday Shea on top of the d/c, left that on for a few minutes, and rinsed out with cool water.

I had a thing of Cantu Shea that I chose to try again- I had great results. When I first used the product, I hated it (probably cause I had a GRIP of other products on top of it) but now, I like it alot. This weekend, I will use my cholesterol for my light protein treatment and alternate moisture/protein from there. I plan on holding off on GHE (although I love it) because my hair looks like it hasn't been done in many moons after I do. I will GHE again, I just don't know when ...

I really need these two inches in my life so I am back on Biotin ... I got a gentle reminder from Chicoro's email this weekend about B vitamins and how they have a positive effect on hair growth. Biotin worked well for me, I just have to keep it in rotation. My plan is to begin working out again since I am back down to one job.

(Exercise really helps my hair grow fortunately/unfortunately) ...

I am trying to take a good picture of my hair and share with you ladies but my photo taking skills are wack. I hope you all are doing well ...

DominicanBrazilian82

Checking in: Still working on maintaining that moisture/protein balance. Taking my supplements religiously and keeping up with my regiment faithfully. Excited about finally seeing a difference in my hair after 4 months. I've noticed increased health and thickness. Length will hopefully soon follow.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

jenaccess

Checking in, I am washing and deep conditioning weekly.....moisturizing and bunning daily.....I am back taking my vitamins MSM,Biotin and Spirilina. NO HEAT until my b Day Dec. 21st.

Danniquin

Co-washed my hair after having it straight for two weeks. I moisturized it real good and I have it in a braid out now, I'm gonna try to keep it like this for a while!
I think I need to do a protein treatment...

faithVA

Still on the hunt for the right leave-in for my hair. Despite not having a good one, my hair is growing nicely and retaining better than last month. Have gone from not being able to even twist all of my hair to being able to flat twist all of it. :yay:

Hopefull in October, I will find my leave-in and be able to master my flat twist outs.

NaturalfienD

Checking in, I am still in mini braids and I'm still feeling the style. I'm planning on shampooing my scalp and conditioner washing my hair today. Those things will be done after I apply a light protein treatment.

After doing some research about hard water, I'm beginning to think that the issues I have with my hair is related to my water. The Culligan man is coming to my house on Monday to discuss how hard my water is and hopefully he has good prices on water softener rentals. I will be sure to share the outcome next week. I hope you all are doing well.

MrsJaiDiva

Embracing the Light
Checking in. The Wet Brush has definitely made detangling super easy...so, I'm very happy about that! I think I hit the texturizer a bit too hard last time, so no more of that till next year. My hair is feeling healthy & soft, but I lost too much volume...I have to find that balance between frizz-free curls, and flat curls. Don't think I'll need another trim till next year either...hair is feeling GuD!

MrsJaiDiva

Embracing the Light
Still on the hunt for the right leave-in for my hair. Despite not having a good one, my hair is growing nicely and retaining better than last month. Have gone from not being able to even twist all of my hair to being able to flat twist all of it. :yay:

Hopefull in October, I will find my leave-in and be able to master my flat twist outs.

Have you tried L'anza? http://www.amazon.com/Lanza-KB2-Lea...UTF8&qid=1348934134&sr=1-1&keywords=LAnza+kb2

I've been using it as a daily moisturizer, and it's Lovely! I don't know how it handles as a leave-in, because I use Tresseme Naturals as my leave-in, but I'm sure it would work well.

lamaria211

Checking in I ordered my Mason Pearson detangling comb I can't wait to get it, if I love it ill take the plunge and get the 100$ bruyas well. I've been consistent in my weekly routine of 3 deep treatments a week 2 being deep ceramide and the other my regular DC when I use heat. I've also been taking my vitamins daily and I've upped my water intake drastically. And have been doing nightly scalp massages using quality essential oils along with JBCO and EVOCO I wont trim again until my next relaxer

SoopremeBeing

I am flat twisting my hair as we speak. Im noticing some growth, and Im really tempted to blow out and flatiron for a length check, but I promised myself not to do so until January 1st.