13 week stretch over! Thank goodness! [pics]

nikki2229

Pretty hair. You have great growth.

Maybe you should do an ETA to your OP and say that there is a 26 week difference in the photos because most of the posters so far think they are 13 weeks apart.

You have retained a great amount for 6 months. How many inches do you grow per month?

SmartyPants

*I should have included that the comparison picture from 26 weeks ago. I thought of taking a picture when I got my last touch up to have something to compare to this one, but I didn't want to give myself any chance of feeling discouraged if I didn't make any noticeable progress, I was a chicken! lol.

Regimen since the comparison pic was taken:

13 weeks of
  • Washing weekly w/ KC hydrating poo
  • Deepconditioning weekly with with AOHSR or Kenra MC
  • Protein treatment with Aphogee 2 min every 6 weeks
  • Moisturizing w/ ORS Olive Oil and sealing with coconut oil or Hollywood Castor Oil
  • Roller-setting or twist outs after every wash

13 weeks (leading up to current touch up):
  • Washing every 2 weeks with PM smoothing and PM tea tree special
  • Deep conditioning every 1 to 2 weeks, either at home or at salon
  • Protein leave in
  • Roller-setting every wash
  • Moisturizing with ORS Olive Oil and sealing w/ Hollywood Castor Oil

*ORS Olive Oil isn't working well for me any more so I'm currently on the hunt for a great moisturizer

The ORS Olive Oil stopped working for me after a couple of months. I am really loving the Mizani Rose H20 Moisturizer. It was almost $20 but well worth the price. And, you really don't have to use that much. A tiny bit goes a long way.

And your hair looks great. My hair is thin. I am hoping these consecutive stretches will help to thicken my hair up a little bit.

Ann816

Your hair is beautiful! :yep: Congrats on the progress!!!!!

Ann

I posted this on my blog but had to share here as well:

I didn't last my intended 14 week stretch, but 13 weeks isn't bad either! I went back to MonicaTodd Salon for my touch up again.

It took about 35 minute to detangle my new growth and base my scalp. I felt kinda bad, but she was soooo patient and kept apologizing because I kept wincing. I'm really happy about the results!:yep::yep::yep:

Roots before:

After:

Here's a comparison from 26 weeks ago:

Progress! YAY!:dance7: