13 week stretch over! Thank goodness! [pics]

againstallodds

I posted this on my blog but had to share here as well:

I didn't last my intended 14 week stretch, but 13 weeks isn't bad either! I went back to MonicaTodd Salon for my touch up again.

It took about 35 minute to detangle my new growth and base my scalp. I felt kinda bad, but she was soooo patient and kept apologizing because I kept wincing. I'm really happy about the results!:yep::yep::yep:

Roots before:

After:

Here's a comparison from 26 weeks ago:

Progress! YAY!:dance7:

Last edited:

Aggie

The relaxer came out great AAO and you have significant growth too. You are doing well and the relaxer stretches are obviously working for you so keep it up.

jayjaycurlz

Wow! Awesome progress pics. You've achieved phenomenal growth during this stretch. I too am curious as to what your regimen was during this period.

againstallodds

You made a big jump lengthwise for 3 months. What do you attribute it to?

Wow! Awesome progress pics. You've achieved phenomenal growth during this stretch. I too am curious as to what your regimen was during this period.

*I should have included that the comparison picture from 26 weeks ago. I thought of taking a picture when I got my last touch up to have something to compare to this one, but I didn't want to give myself any chance of feeling discouraged if I didn't make any noticeable progress, I was a chicken! lol.

Regimen since the comparison pic was taken:

13 weeks of
  • Washing weekly w/ KC hydrating poo
  • Deepconditioning weekly with with AOHSR or Kenra MC
  • Protein treatment with Aphogee 2 min every 6 weeks
  • Moisturizing w/ ORS Olive Oil and sealing with coconut oil or Hollywood Castor Oil
  • Roller-setting or twist outs after every wash

13 weeks (leading up to current touch up):
  • Washing every 2 weeks with PM smoothing and PM tea tree special
  • Deep conditioning every 1 to 2 weeks, either at home or at salon
  • Protein leave in
  • Roller-setting every wash
  • Moisturizing with ORS Olive Oil and sealing w/ Hollywood Castor Oil

*ORS Olive Oil isn't working well for me any more so I'm currently on the hunt for a great moisturizer

againstallodds

Your hair is beautiful. What relaxer did you use?

Thank you! I love how full your ends are! My stylist used Mizani (lye). I've been relaxing with Mizani for the past 6 years, I'm too much of a coward to try anything else... I've always gotten good results from Mizani, so if it's not broke :)...

Last edited:

doll-baby

Girl you have gotten some excellent growth during your stretch congratulations ! I hope that my stretch is as successful as yours. By the way I think that we are hair twins because your new growth looks very similar to mine.:yep:

Kellum

You made great progress. You hair looks very pretty, healthy, and thick. Keep up the good work.