Looking for Stretch Buddies - Going into week 8/Stretching to May 13

I am trying to Stretch until one week before my Birthday. I dont know if I can be strong enough to resist the urget to relax before my goal date. Are there any other ladies out there who are currently in week 7/8 and trying to stretch 8 more weeks? I would like to exchange notes, pics, and sure could use encouragement.

This Tuesday will be my 10th week of stretching. I'm really shooting for June, but the urge is coming over me so I may move it up to May.

So I will gladly be a buddy. Because lord knows I need one myself. :lol:

I'm just having a problem with protective hairstyles. Since my hair is shorter I have no idea what to do with it, and I'm a dummy when it comes to putting in hair pieces (ex: buns, ponytails, and different things like that)

Great! What is the longest you have stretched? I like to loosly twist up hair dos secured with claw clamps. I will post pics in my album tomorrow. What is your regimen? I am so excited to have someone to check in with!

SerenityBreeze said:
Great! What is the longest you have stretched? I like to loosly twist up hair dos secured with claw clamps. I will post pics in my album tomorrow. What is your regimen? I am so excited to have someone to check in with!

This is actually my first time trying to stretch a decent length of time. I think this is going to be the longest I have went without relaxing period.

So far my regimen:
Wash 1 a week (will be changing this soon because of weather, so it will be 2 a week)
DC every other week
Air dry hair over night, then flat iron the next morning
No heat in between time, just wearing it wrapped

For my shampoo's I've been using Nexxus Botanoil and Conditioning with Humectress, then apply NTM and MTG (learned this from another member because the MTG can barely be smelled once my hair is completely dry), then just let it air dry. This week I'm going to use Aphogee Intensive Two Minute Keratin Reconstructor, recommended by my stylist.

I do hope we can get others to join in. If not, I'm here for ya! :lol:

Hi Jackie! How long are you stretching? What is the longest you have stretched.

So far, I have made it to 10 weeks at my longest. This year I only want to relax 4 times.

I would like to join the stretch. I am currently 5 weeks and have stretched 15 weeks. I would like to relax 3 times.

Count me in. May 13th is my brother's graduation and I was thinking of relaxing my hair a couple of days before then. Im 6weeks post relaxer:) .

I just hope I wont give up in week 8..lol.

I'll join you, I am 6 weeks post I think. I stretch every 3 months but I'm trying to go longer.

Good luck ladies! I'm in the April stretch. I'm currently 12 weeks. The longest I ever went before was 8. It's not too bad. Just take it wash by wash, and get something to moisturize that NG!

The longest I've stretched is 12 weeks. I hopefully can make it longer.

SerenityBreeze said:
Hi Jackie! How long are you stretching? What is the longest you have stretched.

So far, I have made it to 10 weeks at my longest. This year I only want to relax 4 times.

Greetings! Count me in, too. I'm currently in week 17 of my first stretch. I'm part of the April Fool's stretch, but I'll be going longer because I start a swim class tomorrow for 2xs a week for 6 weeks. :confused: So, my new challenge is how to deal with my hair after the class.

Here is my regimen-in-progress:

Wash 3x a week. Will probably have to shampoo 2xs after class and CW other time; not sure yet
Protective styles: airdry in bun or braidout. Braidouts hide my new growth the best. Sleep with satin scarf to keep new growth down. When I take a shower, I no longer wear a cap and let my hair get misted by the water and steam.
Products: still experimenting, but...
-CON and ORS olive oil pak: tried them last week and simply loved them both!!
-Trying VO5 Strawberries & Cream milk conditioner for CW
-Mixture of Scurl and Pantene R&N oil moisturizer on NG daily
-NTM silk touch leave-in after wash
-MNT detangler (didn't need as much after using the CON!)
-Softee coconut oil "grease" on ends daily
-Let's Jam conditioning gel for braidouts and buns daily

Looking forward for the support for and from each other...

im in! im only at week 5, but wont be relaxing till the week of june 9th for my sisters graduation....the longest ive gone is 5 months and some change

I'm only four weeks post exactly today. I would like to join. My question is what to do about the newgrowth in the middle of my head. It's making my scalp very sore. The other newgrowth all over is making my scalp sore but not as much as the crown area. My hair is not long so ponytails are not an option. I try to rollerset my hair but every since my new growth has been coming in the curls don't last as long. What's happening?

hotlusciousl said:
I'm only four weeks post exactly today. I would like to join. My question is what to do about the newgrowth in the middle of my head. It's making my scalp very sore. The other newgrowth all over is making my scalp sore but not as much as the crown area. My hair is not long so ponytails are not an option. I try to rollerset my hair but every since my new growth has been coming in the curls don't last as long. What's happening?

I've got this same problem. My head is extremely tender, and I have never been one to be tender headed. Today I washed and pulled it all back wet, and used this milky way ponytail I bought and kinda rolled it under and put another ouchless holder over it. It looks good and this is my alternative to having a bun because I cant seem to get that together at all.

I also have some hair and scalp treatment by DE, that helps to soothe the soreness a little bit.

Hi Ladies,

Thank you all for your support. I look forward to streching with you in the upcoming weeks.

Weeks 8 - 10 I will wash, air dry caruso rollers

Week 11 - I am going to a dominican salon to wash and blow out my roots - I have a special event this week!

How many of you are moisturizing your new growth? If so, how many sections do you part it in and what moisturizer do you use for the NG?

I am getting ready to moisturize my new growth right now and I am using Scurl, which softens my NG. I am almost 10 weeks post relaxer and I think I will try the ORS olive pack, because I am hearing so much about it.

I'm in! ...My last relaxer was the 1st wk of Feb and I am trying to stretch until the 1st wk of June. So far I have NG under control using hot evoo treatments, CO washes, ORS oliveoil packs, NTM, and oils to seal (tea tree, jojoba, evoo) in that order.

Happy Stretchin Ladies! :D

Back