13-week itch! Vent

Miel

Ugh! This is my 1st stretch and I am at the 13-week mark (will be 14 on friday). I AM ITCHIN' FOR A PERM!

Thanks to the transitioner's support thread, I know that this feeling will come and go and that in the long run I will be happy I made it through but UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I feel like a dope fiend looking for a fix!

Thanks for the ear.

Hang in there! You can do it. Don't give up.

BTW, how long are stretching?

Well, I was hoping to stretch into a transition, until I am confident enough to BC--that is truly my goal. But I say stretching because it makes me feel like I have more of an option. Sounds silly and confused I know but so far so good.

Well, I was hoping to stretch into a transition, until I am confident enough to BC--that is truly my goal. But I say stretching because it makes me feel like I have more of an option. Sounds silly and confused I know but so far so good.

Oh, okay. I can see where you're coming from. You can do it. I plan on transitioning one day, but I don't know if I can ever be confident enough to do the BC. So, I'd probably treat it the same way you are, calling it a long stretch.

I am confident that you can do it! Best wishes to you.

just co wash and DC. Im at 13 weeks officially today and doing the Low manipulation challenge. Try the rinses if you are having the tangle issues. Mine are Lady fior, La Bomba or Capilo rinse Balsam. When you are done we want to see pics. Good Luck

Thanks for the support ladies. I'm feeling a little better today. My confidence in my long stretch has been strengthened.

I admire you getting to 13 weeks! I broke down and relaxed on Thursday, I was the end of my 12 week stretch. I was torn between relaxing and letting it go another few weeks. I would love to make it to 16 weeks. I am low maintenance also maybe I'll make it next time.

I punked out :sad:

I was so curious to see my progress, coupled with not know how to deal successfully with 3 textures that I permed Saturday :sad:

Even more :sad: is that from May until now, 4 whole months, I only managed to measure/retain less than an inch of growth.:wallbash:

I am truly discouraged and feel like a sub-newbie at this stage. Back to the drawing board.

Back