Relaxed Ladies: What Shampoo are You Using?

I recently almost fully relaxed my hair after being natural for years and my wet hair behaves so differently from the way my natural hair did. It gets stiff and hard when wet and I'm finding that I cannot get away with my Head and Shoulders shampoo anymore because it's causing awful dryness and tangles while my hair is wet. I tried one from Organix ( i know it's not organic lol) because it didn't have sodium lauryl/laureth sulfate etc but it was still too harsh.
I finally bought the Neutrogena Cream Lather and it seems very gentle but it's just a bit pricey (I'm trying to get super frugal about toiletries). It also doesn't get my scalp as clean as I'd like but no shampoo does. I need to soak my scalp b4 I wash to loosen the oils.
Anyway, I'd like to hear which shampoos are working for relaxed ladies so I can keep experimenting...

Honey Bee

OMG, when/ why did you relax? That's so random and unexpected. Last time I checked, you had texlaxed a part in the back.

I use Wen too, btw. ;)

OMG, when/ why did you relax? That's so random and unexpected. Last time I checked, you had texlaxed a part in the back.

I use Wen too, btw. ;)

A little more than a month ago :lol:. I did texlax the back last year and then I redid it like 3 more times because it reverted :lol:. It seems my hair is surprisingly resistant in some areas.
Finally I just decided to do all of it except the very ends using regular lye instead of mild.
I will likely just transition again after this :look:. I'm not wild about the relaxer, my hair is still too frizzy and weird looking to wear without straightening lol but it does seem to make my rollersets a bit easier. Also my hair just doesn't feel right when it's wet. My natural hair was soft when wet but my relaxed hair feels worryingly stiff.
I'm just crossing my fingers that I won't have any sever breakage in the long run. I noticed one small area of breakage on some very delicate hair sort of by my ear . Ugh, I almost had a stroke lol.

trendsetta25

L'Oreal EverCreme Intense Nourishing Shampoo

Ingredients
Aqua/Water, Sodium Cocoyl Isethinate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycol Distearate, Glycereth-26, Decyl Glucoside, Amodimethicone, Parfum/Fragrance, Hydrogenated Coconut Acid, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Glycerin, Polyquaternium-7, PEG-55 Propylene Glycol Oleate, Propylene Glycol, Ployquaternium-10, Sodium Isethionate, Carbomer, Benzoic Acid, Trideceth-6, Tocopherol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Sodium Benzoate, Linalool, Cetrimonium Chloride, Camelina Sativa Oil/Camelina Sativa Seed Oil, Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil/Apricot Kernel Oil, Vitis Vinifera Seed Oil/Grape Seed Oil, Coumarin, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Citric Acid. F.I.L. #D50185/2.

sunnieb

I use Suave Daily Clarifying and Nexxus Therappe every week.

Sent from my Comet using LHCF

outspokenwallflower

I use:

WEN 613/Mango Coconut (pure moisture and slip)
Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Special (when I want to clean but not strip the hair, and envigorate and deep clean my scalp)
Silk Dreams Go Moist (gentle cleansing with moisture)
Redken Cleansing Cream (for chelating/clarifying)

baddison

natural for good
I alternate between KeraCare Hydrating/Detangling Moisture shampoo and
Creme of Nature (orignial green formula) moisturizing shampoo. I DC with their correspoinding conditioners afterwards....

doll-baby

I use ORS Creamy Aloe or Hair One cleansing conditioner. My Goal is to become a WEN girl and get 613 cleansing conditioner.

Naturae

L'Oreal Sleek n Shine Sulfate-Free poo 1x a week - the beez neez :yep:

Attachments

• eversleek.jpg
    eversleek.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 15

candy626

Motions Moisturizing Shampoo
Ion Color Defense Clarifying Shampoo (also good for non color treated hair)
Suave Rosemary Mint Shampoo also isn't bad. This also has a cooling effect on the scalp so it makes it feel clean.

Honey Bee

A little more than a month ago :lol:. I did texlax the back last year and then I redid it like 3 more times because it reverted :lol:. It seems my hair is surprisingly resistant in some areas.
Finally I just decided to do all of it except the very ends using regular lye instead of mild.
I will likely just transition again after this :look:. I'm not wild about the relaxer, my hair is still too frizzy and weird looking to wear without straightening lol but it does seem to make my rollersets a bit easier. Also my hair just doesn't feel right when it's wet. My natural hair was soft when wet but my relaxed hair feels worryingly stiff.
I'm just crossing my fingers that I won't have any sever breakage in the long run. I noticed one small area of breakage on some very delicate hair sort of by my ear . Ugh, I almost had a stroke lol.

Awww, sounds like me and my hair: throw something at the wall and see if it sticks. I understand. :lol: Okay, so this weird stiffness is bothering me, what's going on in the rest of your reggie? Are you using enough moisture?

danysedai

I alternate (lol!)
Clarify: Mizani, the big bottle.
The rest:
Redken All Soft, Redken Real Control, Kerastase Resistance (green), Kerastase Oleo Relax (orange), Kimberly Kimble Detangler shampoo.
I recently went to a salon and they used Saryna Key Shea butter line on my hair and I loved it, so I will probably buy the line next month, and that includes the shampoo.

lilpooky

I'm in the process of revamping my regimen. I previously used ApHogee Shampoo for Damaged Hair and Cream of Nature Argan Oil Moisture and Shine Shampoo which doesn't contain sulfates. Now I'm using Hair One (generic Wen) which I like a lot.

sckri23

Tresseme touchable softness then wen almond mint every 2 weeks

It has sulfates (bad I kno) but its diluted

I lather, rinse and wash with wen

I was thinking about buyin hair one so I looked it up to find a vendor and saw that loreal paris now has a cleansing conditioner. wow chaz dean has everyone jumpin on the shampoo alternative

Last edited:

LoveBeautyKisses

Earlier in my journey I was alternating between Aphogee Shampoo for Damaged Hair, Aphogee Moisture Shampoo, and QP shampoo for relaxed hair (the olive oil infused one). I also used Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo when my hair felt too yucky as my first shampoo. (Not often though)

Now I use Wen SCM

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I love EQ soya shampoo, but I still like ussing my shea moisture curl and shine poo I used when I was natural. I like the fact that I can get my hair easily wrapped and it stays moisturized with the Elasta Q soya products.

xu93texas

I have in my stash:

Joico K-Pak chelating shampoo
KeraCare Hydrating Detangling shampoo
AG Moisture and Shine sulfate-free shampoo
Moroccan Oil Moisture shampoo

Awww, sounds like me and my hair: throw something at the wall and see if it sticks. I understand. :lol: Okay, so this weird stiffness is bothering me, what's going on in the rest of your reggie? Are you using enough moisture?

Honey Bee
:lol: yup basically, I just went into experimental mode because I spent all this time being natural and getting acquainted with my hair and growing it long but at the same time being kind of bored. I would also see the ease with which relaxed ladies were doing rollersets on relaxed hair, and it was kind of like "no fair!"lol. I also figured that loosening my hair down to a wave would allow me to wear it loose without straightening but it still looks so wonky lol. My hair is just so frizzy and sort of weightless, it's difficult to explain but I don't think I've ever seen anyone with hair quite like mine :lol:.

The rest of my reggie is just rollersetting, flat ironing the roots and just wearing it loose. I may add a drop of avocado oil in here and there if my hair gets dry. Then I just wash and do it all over again. The only thing I do differently now is use Aphogee 2 minute ( not the hardening one) occasionally and also I use Joico Moisture Recovery with each wash.

shasha8685

For clarifying I use ORS Creamy Aloe

I typically alternate between Elasta QP Creme Conditioning Shampoo and Shea Moisture Moisture Retention Shampoo