How many of you are using Shampoo?

Do you use Shampoo

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hOnii

*waits for mod to move thread...*

&yes, i shampoo. hm, i wonder if my kenra ms will thin my hair! i surely don't need that!!

danagurl

In the summer, use shampoo once or twice a week. The other days just conditioner.
In the winter I use shampoo and conditioner once a week.

Kimberly

I have read here in the hair recipe forum and other places that vodka was good for stimulating the scalp.

I shampoo once every 7-10 days and the rest of the time I just CW.

ayoung

I do.
Usually a moisturizing shampoo, occasionally a clarifying shampoo, and sometimes a protein shampoo.

Still, I do CW sometimes too.:yep:

Samory07

I use Creme of Nature poo and conditioner because it doesnt have any sulfate in it and it detangles really well. Plus the shampoo leaves leaves my hair feeling really nice and soft before I even put my conditioner in.

victorious

Relaxed/4A/Fine/Thin/APL
I usually shampoo weekly (with sulfates). But sometimes it's 1½-2 weeks if I do more co-washes.

I also like to add some baking soda during a co-wash for more cleansing if I don't feel like using the clarifying shampoo.

Last edited:

northernbelle

I shampoo every four days - my new plan. Honestly, the concept of conditioner 'poos doesn't make sense to me, but, a person has to do what she believes is best in her particular situation.

charmtreese

My hair HATES shampoo, and conditoner washes causes build up on my scalp. Therefore I use shikakai bar to clean my scalp and hair with. this is the only thing that I have found to leave me hair soft and tangle free. :yep:

LovelyLionessa

I use predominately sulfate free poos and occasionally I use my Nexxus Therappe which has sls as an alternate.

I shampoo 2x a week.

RubyWoo

I shampoo twice a week. I only lather once each wash and I don't find shampoo drying at all. Co-washing is a big no-no :nono: for me. It causes too much build up, makes my hair heavy and impedes movement.

Last edited:

JustKiya

Co-washing only here, once a week if my hair is in it's protective style, every day if my hair is out.
Shampoo (even the most gentle stuff) strips my hair and leaves it harsh.
I clarify once a month with baking soda, and henna once a month.

camosil

I shampoo every three or 4 days with Beauty Without Cruelty Moisture Plus Shampoo with Oshadhi essential oils for dry/treated hair. My hair is doing very well with this regimen especially since I am 6 weeks post relaxer. If I stay for a week before washing then my roots get hard and my hair gets dry.
I know that stay soft fro and S-curl moisturizer works well when you are stretching but so far washing every three days is keeping my roots soft and manageable without using products that cause a lot of build up.

Last edited:

baby42

I am trying to just do co washing and only use shampoo once a month.I am in braids so its kind of easy:yep:i hope my hair like its. I will deep con every week and do protein when needed.

bauderlady

I use tingling stimulating shampoos on my hair. I have to use shampoo because it removes the residue w/o stripping my hair.

gimbap

I use Creme of Nature poo and conditioner because it doesnt have any sulfate in it and it detangles really well. Plus the shampoo leaves leaves my hair feeling really nice and soft before I even put my conditioner in.

Ditto.
I also have this thing about being clean 24/7, and I just don't feel like conditioner alone will do the trick.

1god1

Well...I use conditioner only during the week..around 3 times..and use shampoo on the week ends. I am thinking about increasing it to two times a week...just to use up all the shampoo I've purchased....LOL

ladystar3

I've tried so many shampoos, but my hair breaks so much, no matter what I use. In the past month, I've been strictly co-washing, and my hair is seriously thriving. I think I'm definitely going to stick with it!

hair_wit_favor

I mainly co-wash...I use shampoo occasionally (about once every 2 weeks)--whenever I do shampoo, I use emu oil shampoo or CON. But my hair really feels clean after co-washes...

netnet26

I wash twice a week and co-wash one and another i poo....so that would be I poo once weekly...only for the build up...
Ult. Goal: WL (thick and happy!!!):yep: