How many of you are using Shampoo?

Do you use Shampoo

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aggie

i do on the regular.

in cooler months i poo weekly.

in summer i usually cowash or just rinse daily and poo weekly because i air dry daily in the summer.

ETA: SLS (or some form of sulfate/sulfite) is also in most (not all) conditioners too
ETA more: I also read the article and IMO if SLS contributed to hair loss, we would be losing body hair from the soaps and body washes we use b/c they too contain SLS.....
Hmmm, this is interesting right there... Why aren't we losing hairs from places like under the arms, legs, etc, for me that would be great. Maybe I need to bath 4 or 5 times a day for it to work in those areas:grin:. By the way, our main concern should be more so the sodium or ammonium lauryl sulfates and not so much the sodium or ammonium laureth sulfates. The lauryls are wayyy harsher than the laureths. I steer clear of lauryl sulfates except when I'm clarifying my hair which BTW is about every 3 - 4 weeks sometimes longer.

RosesBlack

I voted sometimes. I'm trying to be more intuitive with my hair and use poo when I feel like I need it. Usually once a month or so.

baddison

natural for good
Is it possible for us to start building a list of Shampoos and Conditioners that DO NOT contain the dreaded S-L-S:burning:

I wash 2x per week with NTM Cream Lather Shampoo. Here are the ingredients:
Water , Sodium Trideceth Sulfate , Sodium Lauroamphoacetate , Sodium Chloride , Cocamide MEA , Meadowfoam Seed Oil Limnanthes Alba , Olive Fruit Oil Olea Europaea , Panthenyl Ethyl Ether , Sodium Benzotriazolyl Butylphenol Sulfonate , Polyquaternium-7 , Amodimethicone , Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride , Castor Isostearate Succinate , Dimethiconol , Sweet Almond Oil Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis , Phenoxyethanol , Methylparaben , Propylparaben , Cetyl Alcohol , Guar Gum Cyamopsis Tetragonoloba , Citric Acid , TEA Dodecylbenzenesulfonate , Fragrance

Should I be worried???:nono:

DivaD04

Is it possible for us to start building a list of Shampoos and Conditioners that DO NOT contain the dreaded S-L-S:burning:

I wash 2x per week with NTM Cream Lather Shampoo. Here are the ingredients:
Water , Sodium Trideceth Sulfate , Sodium Lauroamphoacetate , Sodium Chloride , Cocamide MEA , Meadowfoam Seed Oil Limnanthes Alba , Olive Fruit Oil Olea Europaea , Panthenyl Ethyl Ether , Sodium Benzotriazolyl Butylphenol Sulfonate , Polyquaternium-7 , Amodimethicone , Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride , Castor Isostearate Succinate , Dimethiconol , Sweet Almond Oil Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis , Phenoxyethanol , Methylparaben , Propylparaben , Cetyl Alcohol , Guar Gum Cyamopsis Tetragonoloba , Citric Acid , TEA Dodecylbenzenesulfonate , Fragrance

Should I be worried???:nono:

u should inividually look up ur ingredients...google them and then ask urself that question

baddison

natural for good
u should inividually look up ur ingredients...google them and then ask urself that question

Thanks, Diva! Great idea....I'm on it! In the meantime, is there not a list here on LHCF of which shampoos/conditioners DO NOT contains SLS???:blush:

vestaluv1

I'm following the Ayurveda regimen hence I wash hair twice a week with indian powders then condition and I only use a clarifying shampoo once every four weeks

baddison

natural for good
I'm following the Ayurveda regimen hence I wash hair twice a week with indian powders then condition and I only use a clarifying shampoo once every four weeks

Thanks for sharing vestaluv1. Do those Ayurveda products smell good?:grin:

oooop2

My scalps NEEDS shampoo. After joining the hair forums, I don't use a lot (more like a nickle size). And I am sticking to CD Rosemary Mint only b/c it leaves my scalp feeling great. I tried using no-poo and just co-washing w/condish, but my scalp felt like an itchy M-E-S-S Mess..Drove me NUTS :perplexed

chocolatethai

i use shampoo once or twice a week when i'm not co washing regularly can any one tell me if Sodium Trideceth Sulfate is as bad as SLS, i use NTM and thats the second ingredient but i might look for something new when i run out

baddison

natural for good
i use shampoo once or twice a week when i'm not co washing regularly can any one tell me if Sodium Trideceth Sulfate is as bad as SLS, i use NTM and thats the second ingredient but i might look for something new when i run out

I also use NTM, and am wondering the same thing. It would be really awesome if we could get a resource list of the shampoos and conditioners that DO NOT contain the dreaded SLS. :perplexed

winnettag

i use shampoo bars, gentle & all natural! i try to wash once a week, but sometimes it's once every two weeks. other than that, i'm co-washing with natural conditioners.

LadyEuphoria007

I shampoo weekly or when I feel I need too.

I have moisture, clarifying, chelating, and protein shampoos.

I CW most of the time though.

AshMoBev

You Know... shampoo just gives me that squeeky clean feel. LITERALLY!....Whats funny is that after going back and forth between different shampoos and conditioners (that were often quite costly) the simple and cheap White Rain shampoo and conditioner work excellently for me!!! I think though, after all I have read and learned about co-washing, that I should give it a try. And summer is a great time to start since it's dryer and i tend to do a lot of swimming....