How many of you are using Shampoo?

Do you use Shampoo

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Energee

I shampoo every four days - my new plan. Honestly, the concept of conditioner 'poos doesn't make sense to me, but, a person has to do what she believes is best in her particular situation.

This is how I think as well. Conditioner washes don't make sense to me:nono:. I can't wrap my brain around the concept. I guess because for so long I've used shampoo. I wash twice a week---every 3-4 days and it works for me but I may try to do a shampoo once and a co-wash once just to see if I like it or notice a difference.:yep: Can't knock it until I've tried it......

Proudpiscean

I use poo once a week, thinking about stretching it out every two weeks once it gets cold though. My hair loves co-washes I do them 1-2 times/week! :love:

dillard

I currently poo once a week and cowash once a week but my hair feels much better after shampooing so I'm gonna just scrap the cowash I think...

LayneJ

I shampoo w/ Elucence Moisture Benefits 1x/wk and co-wash 1-4x/wk. (My hair loves co-washes).

hair_wit_favor

I co wash frequently but since I've discover Jasons' natural biotin shampoo I will shampoo once a week and co wash 1-2 times in between.

missty1029

I poo about once every 2-3 weeks. Since I WNG if I go out and want to have my hair down I will co-wash. But here is my question, what makes your hair dirty to wash it?
That may sound stupid but thats why I think I go so long w/out washing. I dont really use product, so not so much product build up. And I always have it up. Because I hear to that poo strips the hair.

Jade Feria

I recently started using Aveda Sap Moss shampoo and my hair loves it. I shampoo once a week, co-wash other days.

meaganita

Lately I've been shampooing 1x a week. Ordinarily it's every two weeks or every 1.5 months if I'm wearing braids. Some of my poos have sulfates and some don't.

CurleeDST

Alot of things. Wherever your face goes your hair goes. Do you wash your face more frequently? The smog, smoke and airborne dirt is what makes the hair dirty. Your clothes, sheets and dust in your home also makes your hair dirty.

I poo about once every 2-3 weeks. Since I WNG if I go out and want to have my hair down I will co-wash. But here is my question, what makes your hair dirty to wash it?
That may sound stupid but thats why I think I go so long w/out washing. I dont really use product, so not so much product build up. And I always have it up. Because I hear to that poo strips the hair.

AtlantaJJ

Working out and sweating like a race horse will definately make your hair and scalp dirty!!!

missty1029

Alot of things. Wherever your face goes your hair goes. Do you wash your face more frequently? The smog, smoke and airborne dirt is what makes the hair dirty. Your clothes, sheets and dust in your home also makes your hair dirty.

Makes sense!!! Didint think about all that stuff. lol

sunshinebeautiful

I try to only use shampoos with no sulfates. I only lather once. Too much shampoo strips my hair. And better yet, I try to pre-poo with oils to ensure that the shampoo isn't stripping my hair.

I shampoo, on average, once per week.

itismehmmkay

So far?

Everyday in this piece! :grin: And I think my hair likes it; it seems to make the conditioner better :yep: I use Suave Humetress poo/conditioner;

CheLala13

I picked sometimes...I don't have a regimen yet, so I'm just trying things out for now. I've been using only conditioner for the past month...everything seems okay. :)

discobiscuits

i do on the regular.

in cooler months i poo weekly.

in summer i usually cowash or just rinse daily and poo weekly because i air dry daily in the summer.

ETA: SLS (or some form of sulfate/sulfite) is also in most (not all) conditioners too
ETA more: I also read the article and IMO if SLS contributed to hair loss, we would be losing body hair from the soaps and body washes we use b/c they too contain SLS.....

Last edited: