July 2014 Hits & Misses

SLOGRO

Hits:
Agadir argan oil daily moisturizing conditioner this made my relaxed hair super super soft and moisturized. Used this on DD natural hair which wasn't detangled matted and dry washed then put a generous amount on DD hair left it for about 15 minutes hair was really soft didn't remove all tangles but I know if hair was already detangled it would have been even better.

MOA, Melaleuca Omega3 and Argan Oil detangle leave-in condish, found it tjmaxx for 6.99 awesome none greasy detangler works great on DD stubborn hair

these 2 products are wonderful on relaxed and natural hair

EnExitStageLeft

Hit:

Oil rinsing.....My hair was easy to detangle and my curls were popping all over the place :love:

NaturelleGrow SE, MR and Cinn. DC.....YASSSSSSSSS! #SlipCity, #MoistureOnFULL, #I(RE)FellInLove. This DC is the BOMB! I seriously forgot how awesome it is.

Claudies Khave Oil: Let me say this, NOBODY and I mean NOBODY can make a oil like Claudie. This is just as good, if not better then the Montego Bay oil. I'm about to re-up on another bottle WITHOUT a sale (You know it real :yep:).

MISS:

ACV Rinsing.....Yeah, so my ACV rinsing days are done. My ends full awesome when I do it, but my natural hair stiffens. Ain't nobody got time for stiff roots :nono:.

ronie

Hit: Oil rinsing.....My hair was easy to detangle and my curls were popping all over the place :love: NaturelleGrow SE, MR and Cinn. DC.....YASSSSSSSSS! #SlipCity, #MoistureOnFULL, #I(RE)FellInLove. This DC is the BOMB! I seriously forgot how awesome it is. Claudies Khave Oil: Let me say this, NOBODY and I mean NOBODY can make a oil like Claudie. This is just as good, if not better then the Montego Bay oil. I'm about to re-up on another bottle WITHOUT a sale (You know it real :yep:). MISS: ACV Rinsing.....Yeah, so my ACV rinsing days are done. My ends full awesome when I do it, but my natural hair stiffens. Ain't nobody got time for stiff roots :nono:.
Wow
Now I must have this oil, lol.

myronnie

Continued hits:

Herbal Essences Hello Hydration to finger detangle before washing
Slip is great!! Doesn't make me sneeze. Only downside is I have to use so much!

Shescentit Avocado Conditioner to finger detangle after deep conditioning
Every time I put this on my hair I am in awe of the instant slip and softness!!! I do have to use alot (I get 6 uses out of the 16ounce) but the price is ok. Only downside is it makes me sneeze and I can't be in a benadryl/antihistamine daze because of my job :(

Oyin Hair Dew
Darcy's Pumpkin seed conditioner
(Both oyin hair dew and darcy's as leave-ins!! Still works great and have been using for a year+)

futureapl

myronnie this slightly off topic but how do you know that the conditioner makes you sneeze. For the past two years I have been wondering why I sneeze and have a stuffy nose the day of and following me washing and then air drying my hair. This doesn't happen when I get my hair relaxed at the salon though.

myronnie

futureapl

I'm fine on wash day all up until I use the shescentit. I sneeze pretty instantaneously upon using it. It only bothers me if I use it in the shower.

myronnie

Miss:
Using APB Ayurvedic Creme to dry detangle a wash n go (no gel)
Works well to take down twists but really failed with this..made my hair soft though yay!

Hit:
My marshmallow root/slippery elm/glycerin/castor oil mix to remove shed hairs from a 2-day old wash n go (no gel)
So great!!! My hair is so detangled and soft and happy!!! I wish the tea lasted a little longer but I should have added a preservative to it :(

ikandi87

Miss:
Using APB Ayurvedic Creme to dry detangle a wash n go (no gel)
Works well to take down twists but really failed with this..made my hair soft though yay!

Hit:
My marshmallow root/slippery elm/glycerin/castor oil mix to remove shed hairs from a 2-day old wash n go (no gel)
So great!!! My hair is so detangled and soft and happy!!! I wish the tea lasted a little longer but I should have added a preservative to it :(

Where did u get ur ingredients from? I mean I most of the sites but im iffy about buying the marshmallow root bc idk if ill like it...its a bit pricey

myronnie

ikandi87 I got it from mountainroseherbs online. But you can probably find the individually bagged marshmallow root from your local health store or pharmacy (along with the glycerin and oils)

overtherainbow

Hits:
Improved homemade flaxseed gel- best twist out ever!
Giovanni Clarifying Shampoo
Homemade hair sunscreen
Not using a leave in
SM Retention Shampoo (New Formula)- great slip!

Misses:
Giovanni Smooth As Silk Shampoo- literally felt like I was shampooing my hair with snot.
Giovanni Direct Leave In- feels nice at first, but hair is drier than ever a few hours later.

NaturallyATLPCH

On the fence: Oil rinsing with Hempseed Oil

I didn't like the application, but it did make my hair super soft upon rinsing. If I can get past the application, then it will be a hit. This is the best way to use up some of these oils.

veesweets

Hits:
Elucence moisture benefits shampoo - Safe to say, this is now a staple. I've gone back to shampooing every week because its just that good.

Cantu Coconut Curling Cream - Surprisingly nice. It gives me really nice, soft braid outs that last all day. It's been a perfect moisturizer for really hot days.

Bask Apple Sorghum Syrup - When paired with oyin hair dew its a great moisture/seal combo

Miss:
Curl Junkie Pattern Pusha - Just can't get this to work for me consistently. I've had some days where it flakes on me horribly! Like giant white patches that are embarrassing.

overtherainbow

MileHighDiva
I read an article that claimed you can mix a regular sunscreen with oils or a leave in to protect your hair. I mixed 2/3 30 spf sunscreen with 1/3 liquid leave in. I didn't use oils because I think that would literally fry my hair. Usually my hair gets somewhat damaged and dry in the summer because I spend a lot of time in the sun, but this summer I see an improvement. My hair still gets dry from sun exposure (possibly because I don't reapply) but it is no where near as bad as last summer. I used a local brand sunscreen with good ingredients and diluted shea moisture hair milk. I keep it in the fridge just as a precaution.
Before this I used sunflower oil, which did absolutely nothing.

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
overtherainbow

Can you wear a hat while your in the sun to protect your face and hair?

I'm curious about the efficacy of putting sunscreen on your hair. Sunscreen is developed for skin not hair.

overtherainbow

MileHighDiva
I don't like hats because they get in the way. If anything I'll use a sport visor, but then my hair and scalp are still exposed. From what I can see the sunscreen is working. I usually get sunburn pretty bad on my hairline, and I haven't had the problem since, which is great. They have sunblock that is formulated for hair, but their ingredients leave a lot to be desired.

EnExitStageLeft

MEGA HITS!:
Komazacare Coconut Hair Pudding.....

:thud:...This stuff is magnificent. I stan HARD for EcoStyler-PINK and Afroveda Pur Whipped Hair Jelly, but this stuff here is really winning the race.

Its has been 95+ degrees in GA lately w/ 100% humidity and not one hair on my head frizzed or poofed. My edges were LAID! and I mean LAID today (and yesterday). Its soft to the touch, but packs mega re-dunkulous hold. It feels as if it's going to leave a film on the hair, but leaves it uber moisturized instead.

I think I may just have found my new holy grail styler/gel. I'm seriously falling head over heels in love.

Oyin Hair Dew....

Beamodel DoDo Ogoma

I'm SO sorry I ever doubted you guy's rec. to try this. I finally pulled my bottle out and for two days I have woken up with super soft and moisturized tresses. I'm literally in Awe. Its giving my beloved Knot Sauce a run for its money :yep:.

New(ish) Hit:

Annabelle's Ayurvedic Oil (Birthday Cake Scent)

It ain't no Claudie oil, but its still awesome. I love it as a sealant. Its ok as a leave in oil, but I prefer in more for my modified LOC method on dry hair. Plus when used with the Hair Dew I smell like a bakery. A floor worker at Sephora kept following me and finally asked me what I was wearing. I told her it was my hair, she sniffed and had 2 others do it too :lachen:.

Revisited Hit:

Silk Dreams Mocha Bling Butter.....

:sad: I cannot wait till she reopens because I WILL be ordering 2-3 more of these. Its so good. My ends feel amazing after I apply it. Its light enough to use daily, but heavy enough to supply the hair with enough weight to help prevent frizz. I'm so sold on this. FOREVER A HG!

Last edited:

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Continued Hit:
APB Everything
Oil rinsing with wheat germ

New Hit (so far after one use):
Laila Ali Soft Bonnet

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Revisited Hits:

Soultanicals Knot Sauce: Applied to damp hair. Results are super soft, moisturized, hair. Smells really good. It compares to Oyin Hair Dew, which I love.

Soultanicals Knot Butta: Used this to twist my hair and to seal in the Knot Sauce. Wow, this stuff is a great sealant. Love the light, creamy consistency. :lick:

Continued Hits:
APB hair creams, buttas, and leave in sprays. Hair stays moisturized for days...yummy scents. 'Nuff said.

EnExitStageLeft Love that Hair Dew. This and the Knot Sauce are my favorite/staple lotions. Both smell like cake or something yummy and keep my hair moisturized for days.

FoxxyLocs

Miss: Shescentit Banana Brulee DC

It was moisturizing, but not as good as my Silk Dreams DC. And the smell was way too strong. It smelled like one of those pine tree air fresheners you hang in your car. I was hoping to find a Silk Dreams replacement, but this wasn't it.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Hits:

New hits :
Miss Jessies Coily custard, great definition , softness, and slight hold
Natural Hair Hygroscopy Ocean Hydronium Jelly, softness, easy application, and this 16 oz jar will last a long time
Paddle brush, got all the shed hair out and wasnt too rough on my strands
Detangling comb, very easy to use and easy to get through my hair
LCO instead of LOC method

Continued hits:
Oyins Burnt sugar pomade and Hair dew

Misses:
shed hair after 9 weeks
Detangling, I HATE it
Miss Jessies Coily custard glycerin = defintion was gone after stepping outside and not realizing it was humid/rainy
Natural Hair Hygroscopy Ocean Hydronium Jelly glycerin = I didnt seal on first use, so the glycerin caused my hair to be a tad bit dry

SuchMagnificent

Taking a Break from Posting
Hit: AVC rinses (I always forget to use it because I keep it in the kitchen instead of with hair products) Well I remembered yesterday and when I flat ironed my hair, it was soft, shiny, and manageable. .