2 Inches In 4 Months Challenge (sep - Dec 2015)

xu93texas

I've been using a sulfur pomade every night for the past week, inverting my head, and then baggying every night. I've also been drinking bamboo and green tea several days a week and taking HSN vitamins.

I really hope this pays off by April.

JoyBelle

I came down with the flu New Years Day... I promptly ruined my flat iron within two nights. I'm finally starting to feel like better so I'm going to Baggie with JBCO on my hair and an oil mix on my scalp. I will probably wash and twist tomorrow. I'm starting mineral rich tomorrow and hope to do daily for 60 days. Happy New Year!

faithVA

For January I'm going to do the MHM method every 3 days and put my hair in flat twist. I will baggy when outdoors and at night. Also oiling my scalp with my eo blend several times a week.

Two inches is going to be a big help with styling. :yep:

greenandchic

1. Starting pic (required for official challengers)
I don't take the best photos but here goes! I was a little awkward in the first photo, LOL! Wet after washing and setting for a braid out. I was 3 weeks post (almost 4 weeks).

2. Current Length
BSL in the back. Bangs are a little shorter.

3. Regimen
I wash and DC once a week these days. I alternate shampoo with a cleansing conditioner.

If I'm not doing a braid out I very lightly use a warm hair dryer to dry my roots the morning after washing my hair.

I try to massage my scalp with my sulfur oil and seal my ends with my shea butter mix.

4. What will you do to achieve your goal
For me its consistency and patience.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 71
  • FullSizeRender (5).jpg
    FullSizeRender (5).jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 70
  • FullSizeRender (4).jpg
    FullSizeRender (4).jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 69
  • FullSizeRender (3).jpg
    FullSizeRender (3).jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 65

SpicyPisces

3 Years Natural
I think I'm going to try using a sulfur oil mix with my scalp massages again. I have nearly a full bottle left, so I just need to decide what oils to use.

BrownSkinPoppin

formerly NaturallyBri87
Here are my 3 month results. Left is Oct 4th right is today Jan 8th. I wanted to show pictures now because I just took my braids out and will be getting them redone. I protective style with wigs, beehive braids underneath and use manetabolism vitamins.

image-1684664894.jpg

nisemac

Is anyone incorporating hot oil treatments into their reggie?

i do a mix of JBCO and EVOO on top of Infusium 23. Saturate with Infusium, then coat hair with oils and put on cap. wrap in warm towel then cowash.

my crown, which is the dryest, coarsest part has become soft and moisturized.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
In addition to my hands off reggie (keeping hair in twists for two weeks at a time rather than 1 week), I've incorporated more protein treatments (every two weeks rather than whenever). I have also been wearing wigs since November.

Internally I have been taking multi vitamins with iron, diatomaceous earth for its silica content, and drinking protein shakes. I hope to see an inch by the end of February and another by May.

gvin89

In addition to my hands off reggie (keeping hair in twists for two weeks at a time rather than 1 week), I've incorporated more protein treatments (every two weeks rather than whenever). I have also been wearing wigs since November.

Internally I have been taking multi vitamins with iron, diatomaceous earth for its silica content, and drinking protein shakes. I hope to see an inch by the end of February and another by May.

I really need to get back to taking vitamins... I do not like swallowing pills, but I notice they help with my overall health.

faithVA

Just sticking to the plan. For January I am washing every 3 days. I am doing LOC with NG leave-in, Natural Oasis shine balm and MHC Type 4 hair cream. I am oiling my scalp with safflower oil mixed with essential oils.

I am eating well, drinking my water and starting to get my exercise on schedule.

I need to do scalp massages. I need to work on that :yep:.

charmtreese

To get my two inches in four months I've been:

1. Using Bee Mine Sulfur oil on my scalp daily
2. Using Ouidad Biotin serum on my scalp daily
3. Nightly Massages
4. Keeping my hair in twist
5. DC weekly
6. Moisturizing and sealing daily
7. Baggie my twist nightly

greenandchic

So far I've been massaging my scalp with my sulfur oil and moisturizing and sealing my ends nightly. I will be more diligent with protective styling.

Evolving78

I would like to join, but for my crown area?

Current length SL
My crown is 3 inches twa
My Reggie is wash and deep condition once a week
I protective style by cornrows under a wig/scarf
I moisturize twice a day with a spray
I seal my ends 2-3 a week
I massage my scalp with MN
I plan on being consistent again with my Vits and I may add Vit D. Also be more consistent with drinking water.

I would like to gain two inches overall, but especially in my crown area. I will take a pic and post asap after I dry my hair.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
i was just about to ask about shedding. was thinking of trying henna or tea rinses.

Garlic shampoos and conditioners work well from the reviews I have read. I decided to tackle the issue internally first. Next wash day I will use Alter Ego garlic conditioner

BrownSkinPoppin

formerly NaturallyBri87
I was JUST reading up on tea rinses for shedding lol. I did a black tea rinse about a year ago and it seemed to help so I don't know why I stopped.

I'm going to add tea rinses to my wash day regime

Evolving78

I was JUST reading up on tea rinses for shedding lol. I did a black tea rinse about a year ago and it seemed to help so I don't know why I stopped. I'm going to add tea rinses to my wash day regime
I did a black tea rinse, but it behaved like protein on my hair. It did stop the shedding, but I wouldn't try that for myself again. So just make sure you do it before you deep condtition

faithVA

I'm remembering to use my oil blend on my wash days.

Noticing a little more growth each time I twist my hair. It's getting easier each time. And I tried a banana clip bun in the back and I had just enough to tuck. Definite progress. Hopefully I will reach my goal by April.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
My hair is still in flat twists under my wig. This is the only way I think I can retain is by hiding my hair. If it's out of sight its out of mind as far as me manipulating it. I moisture and seal every other night. I oil my scalp almost every night with NJoy oil. Hoping this time next year I'll be full APL.