WILD GROWTH ANYONE?

Tyra

Hey Ladies!
I was just wondering if anyone is still using WGO.
I've had it on my shelf for about a month and just got around to using it. I was wondering for anyone who is still using it did you have any noticable results, if so how much? And did it change the texture of your new growth? I've only been using it for like 3 days (mostly mixing it with my Lenzi's Request) and it seems to be softening and loosening my new growth. I love that! But I was just wondering if it's just me. Also let me know if you're relaxed or natural. Thanx.

I use it occasionally when it catches my eye on my PJ collection. It does make my hair softer. I can't say that I use it as a growth aid though.

The smell kind of gets to me also, but I have worse smelling products. Oh well.

I really like it.

So, no its not just you.

Wild Growth Oil is not really a growth aide. It "tames" new growth. There are some people that state that their hair grew because of it and hey...that's fine...but uh...it's not a growth aide.

It does make new growth more manageable though. I have some and use it to seal with but for the price, there are other oils that are cheaper that will do the job.

Wild Growth Oil is not really a growth aide. It "tames" new growth. There are some people that state that their hair grew because of it and hey...that's fine...but uh...it's not a growth aide.

It does make new growth more manageable though. I have some and use it to seal with but for the price, there are other oils that are cheaper that will do the job.

Like what? Like I stated before, I'm not crazy about the smell, but it does make my hair feel nice.

No never mind.....I don't need to buy any more new products:grin:

That's more important to me anyway. So that's good to know. I'm in my 6th week post now and I know I have more new growth than at this point during my last stretch so I am all for something that will make my ng softer and more manageable. I'm kind of approaching those weeks where the stetch will either make my hair or break it. Besides, what's the point in all kinds of crazy new growth if it's breaking right out at the same time? I prefer the "managing factor" over the growth aid part any day.

Last edited:
That's more important to me anyway. So that's good to know. I'm in my 6th week post now and I know I have more new growth than at this point during my last stretch so I am all for something that will make my ng softer and more manageable. I'm kind of approaching those weeks where the stetch will either make my hair or break it. Besides, what's the point in all kinds of crazy new growth if it's breaking right out at the same time? I prefer the "managing factor" over the growth aid part any day.

Well then WGO will do the job LOL. It does for me! But I don't know if I'd repurchase. I got mine at Sally's for 7.99.

i used it for a few months to combat my dry scalp. it was ok. i think it probably did soften my new growth a bit. i didn't notice any more extra growth than usual during the time i used it. i don't feel like it did that great of a job moisturizing my scalp, yet it made my hair really oily for about a day after i applied it. i recently switched over to keracare's itchy/dry scalp glossifier, and i like it much better. no more flakies, and i think it does an even better job of softening my new growth. i'm due for my relaxer soon, and i don't feel like i have to be extra super gentle anymore when combing my hair.

i used it for a few months to combat my dry scalp. it was ok. i think it probably did soften my new growth a bit. i didn't notice any more extra growth than usual during the time i used it. i don't feel like it did that great of a job moisturizing my scalp, yet it made my hair really oily for about a day after i applied it. i recently switched over to keracare's itchy/dry scalp glossifier, and i like it much better. no more flakies, lol.
I think that's the theme here. lol. I'm seeing lots of "it softened my new growth but it's not really that much of a growth aid."

I use it occasionally when it catches my eye on my PJ collection. It does make my hair softer. I can't say that I use it as a growth aid though.

The smell kind of gets to me also, but I have worse smelling products. Oh well.

I really like it.

So, no its not just you.
I think that I'll be like you and kind of tuck it away and use it as needed. I'll give it a month a month and half tops and if it's not increasing growth then it'll just remain as one of those products I just pull out when I get into those crucial weeks during my stretch.

Last edited:
I use it just about daily. I only stop when I use my BT. I like WGO. I will probably always use it. I just discovered that there is a "lite" version in a yellow bottle. But I have no problem with the smell.

The smell honestly doesn't bother me. I must say that prior to buying it with all the rave about the smell I expected it to smell like pure crap:ohwell:. I use it at night and the smell wears off by the next day anyway.

I use it just about daily. I only stop when I use my BT. I like WGO. I will probably always use it. I just discovered that there is a "lite" version in a yellow bottle. But I have no problem with the smell.

Does the Lite smell like the original?

I use it several times per week and it makes my hair soft & shiny. I'm not crazy about the smell, so I add a few drops of peppermint oil to it.

I don't care who I asked because that's just what I needed to know. I was wondering if anyone using it finds it helpful during a long stretch. 19 weeks? lol:yep: Um, yeah I'd say you're pretty qualified to answer that question.Thanks.

Back