Vitamins and Supplements...Which Ones and How Much

Which Vitamins/Supplements Are You Taking?

• Biotin

Votes: 164 61.9%
  • B-Complex

Votes: 102 38.5%
  • Evening Primrose

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Flaxseed Oil

Votes: 88 33.2%
  • Garlic

Votes: 60 22.6%
  • MSM

Votes: 105 39.6%
  • Other

Votes: 132 49.8%

• Total voters

Coffee

I just purchased some Andrew Lessman Vit D-3 1000 vitamins from HSN (will be taking 1 capsule 1 x per day). They are $24 for 180 count, no shipping or handling (don't know for how long). I am also taking Andrew Lessman's Hair & Nail Vitamins (1 capsule 2 x per day).

Last edited:
All By......Nature Made

B-Complex...for stress.
Fish Oil.....for my heart.
Vitamin E....for my skin.
Flaxseed.....I care not to say why I take this vitamin:look:
Biotin....for my hair.

MangaManiac

I take Biotin, MSM, Iron, EPO, B-complex, a multi, and Fish oil daily.

It may sound like a lot :look:, but I'm not just taking them for hair. Each of them I take for health reasons and will continue to do so even if my hair doesn't keep responding to them.

I also eat A LOT of fruits, vegetables, seafood, and poultry. I cook a lot of Asian, Latin, and Mediterranean cuisines and all those people are known for having beautiful skin and hair. It just so happens that my family and I like those foods so the hair and health benefits are really just an added bonus! :grin:

I used to drink a why protein shake with soy milk every day (26-52g protein per shake), but since I won't have a gym membership until later this month I'm afraid to keep that up in case I gain wait. :nono:

My hair can stay were it is as long as I can be a size 6-8 again! :lachen:

NikkiGirl

I made a New Year's Resolution to to take my multi-vitamins everyday. I haven't missed so far. Anyway, I take Women's Ultra Mega Active Vitapak from GNC. It comes in a purple box and has individually wrapped packs. There are eight in each pack. I don't know if it will help with hairgrowth. But I work out 3-4 times a week and try to eat well. So I am just trying to take care of my body as a whole and hopefully it will reflect in my hair as well.

hair4romheaven

MSM - powder
Biotin - 5000g
Vitamin b with c complex
have garlic need to take it more
raw wheat germ, wheat germ oil, omega 369 in protein shake 4x a week
need
mulit vitamin
liquid silica

Vashti

I take a B-complex and zinc (just started this this month) for my hair.

I take vitamin c, vitamin d, cod liver oil and a pro-biotic for general health.

NikkiGirl

I am currently taking the Women's Mega Active Pack. It comes in the purple box from GNC and a trainer at my gym let me on to them. I think more than anything they give me energy. I became committed to not forgetting them as a New Year's Resolution. So when I length check in May, I will know if there are working or not.

Oh, and mine come in individually wrapped packages. So I drop one in my purse at night and take with breakfast at work. So I never forget. So really easy. But there are eight pills in the package. And they are BIG.

Sorry, this is posted twice, didn't realize this was the same thread. LOL

southerncitygirl

i currently take:
green powder in my already green smoothie, 1 scoop (green vibrance, perfect food or trader joes brand)
2,000 to 3,000 milligrams of msm crystals in my water or tea
evening primrose
multi (chewable or liquid)
emergen-c
calcium (chewable)

I don't take any of these for hair growth but for being overall healthy along with my diet and excercise. i'm considering adding alpha lipoic acid for more anti-oxidants and additional benefits for the skin. I also for the most part buy whats on sale or the cheapest at the healthfood store or vitamin shoppe.

VirGoViXxEn

i just started taking:

GNc Ultra Nourish Hair
Biotin 600mcg.

I plan on incorporating MSM Powder & a multi vit. soon.

theLovelyStyle

I currently take 100mcg of Biotin and MSM...sometimes a garlic pill as well. As far as side effects I havent noticed any. I thought I was one of the unfortunate ones who would break out but it appeared that since I started taking them (last month) during my menstral cycle...it seemed as if I did have sideeffects but in reality it was just the hormones:drunk:

softblackcotton

I'm currently taking Biotin 2500 mcg/day (Hair and Nails), Spirulina and Chlorella (for protein and multivit), Garlic (shedding), Iron (Anemia), Calcium with Vit D (Bones). I used to take Flaxseed, Evening Primrose, and Silica but I ran out and never bought anymore. Noticeable Positive Changes since I started Nov 1st:

1) Rock Hard Nails!!! My nails are the hardest they've ever been in my life! I've always had chippy, peely, breaky nails. Now They are so hard it feels like I have 3 coats of Sally's Hard as Nails on them! They are about 1/4 inch past my finger tip now and look like a french mani!! :grin:

2) Slightly Faster Hair Growth: My cornrow extensions have grown slightly faster than normal. Before I started taking supplements, my cornrows didn't start really looking crazy grown out and old until about 8 weeks (about an 1 inch of growth). After supplements, my cornrows are super crazy now after only 4 weeks and it NG is about the same amount I get in 8 weeks. Looks like I got an inch in one month, but I'll have to do a length check when I take out my extensions this weekend.

3) More Energy and Better Mood. Not feeling as tired and sluggish as before. i feel consistently content throughout the day without the moodiness from being tired.

4) Clearer, Less Dry Skin. I already had clear skin before supplements, but after I started I noticed pore size on my nose shrunk. My skin tone looks brighter. My overall body skin is less dry and I could skip lotion sometimes and still not be ashy.

Last edited: