Vitamins and Supplements...Which Ones and How Much

Which Vitamins/Supplements Are You Taking?

• Biotin

Votes: 164 61.9%
  • B-Complex

Votes: 102 38.5%
  • Evening Primrose

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Flaxseed Oil

Votes: 88 33.2%
  • Garlic

Votes: 60 22.6%
  • MSM

Votes: 105 39.6%
  • Other

Votes: 132 49.8%

• Total voters

Essensual

i just purchased biotin because i saw that ppl get good results from it.. now that im looking at the threads.. most ppl say they take 1000mcg or 2000mcg.. im looking at the bottle and it says 5000mcg. i take one a day is this too much?

I think we're using the same one (Rexall). I haven't had any issues with this dosage, and I do believe that it makes my hair feel thicker.

JDandBeyond

So I'm going to try Origin for Women Hair, Skin Nails. It includes Biotin(3,000 mcg), Vitamins A, C, D, E, B-6 and B-12 and a bunch of other stuff. I'm also gonna look for some MSM somewhere to kick things up a notch further!

Upon a more careful reading I just realized that for the listed amounts on the back you need to take 3 of the tablets per day...sigh. I'll keep you ladies posted but keep the recommendations coming!

Kysmet

I'm taking Nature's Plus Ultra Hair Plus with MSM. I used to take Biotin and MSM separately but I wasn't consistent enough to say that it didn't work. So hopefully in a few weeks I can provide a review on my progress.

cocomochaa

Okay why is she smiling? Fess up ladies, I just want to see if it's for the same reason I'm thinking:yep:.

:lachen:

Maca grew my bottom! -that reason, not the ridiculously high sex drive reason :look:
I put weight on my hips and booty which is amazing considering I have been stick thin all my life.
Evening primrose oil helped with my skin and my cycle pains alott!

You ladies are oh so naughty!:lachen:

HarlemHoney84

Evening Ladies! :wave:

I voted other but I do take Garlic supplements to combat shedding internally, which comes with the use of OCT, but my main hair growth vitamin is Viviscal :yep: It worked well when i first took it then i stopped, now im back on it for the long run, i want to see how my hair will look after the 6 months of continuous use that they suggest. i also take source of life liquid multi vitamin and mineral which contains spirulina (for chlorophyll) and flax seed amongst other vits and mins.

CurlyMoo

I take all of them and then some, including zinc, beta carotene and biosil (30ml liquid formula). Biosil is really great. vitacost used to carry it but now I see iherb.com with it. They sell the natrol brand. I think Jarrow doesn't carry it anymore, they renamed it Jarrowsil and not with the same great results as Biosil. Biosil made my skin glow and smooth, and it made my hair and nails grow. This will remain in my vitamin stash for a very long time.

I love Biosil, I took this several years ago. The hair on my legs and armpits grew like crazy. I was shaving twice a day. :lachen: I wasn't as consious of my hair like I am now so I can't tell you if it was effective for the hair on my head. But I was swimming 3 days a week and I was shampooing and moisturizing frequently and I did notice a lot of growth. I believe i was even pass bra strap. It did nothing for my nails though. :ohwell:

Maxitonia

Maca grew my bottom! -that reason, not the ridiculously high sex drive reason :look:
I put weight on my hips and booty which is amazing considering I have been stick thin all my life.

what brand and how much dosage did u take please? did you take for a long time, I'm always scared to try it thinking it might mess up my hormones or something but I know the ladies in blackhair media forum who are trying to gain weight are taking it.

morehairplease

So I'm going to try Origin for Women Hair, Skin Nails. It includes Biotin(3,000 mcg), Vitamins A, C, D, E, B-6 and B-12 and a bunch of other stuff. I'm also gonna look for some MSM somewhere to kick things up a notch further!

Upon a more careful reading I just realized that for the listed amounts on the back you need to take 3 of the tablets per day...sigh. I'll keep you ladies posted but keep the recommendations coming!

Hi there,

Thanks for sharing/posting this. I am going to pick up a bottle at Target this weekend. I have been in the market for a h,n, & s vit for awhile now and will give these a shot.

Noryette

I take One a Day Energy (which I know helps my energy level), and I just started taking Aphogee Nutritional Supplement for Healthy Hair. Both vitamins combined give me only 600 mcg of biotin (300mcg each), but the Aphogee vitamins also have 100mg (1000mcg) of Sulfur Amino Acids, 100mg of MSM and 15mg of silica...and some extracts that I have no idea what purpose they serve (Fo ti root, Lycium berry, Dong quai root, Soy Lecithin, collagen). Time for a Google/Wiki search. :boredwrk:

deusa80

I was just checking out the ad's for Rite Aid and CVS starting tomorrow and they're both having sales on vitamins and supplements.

Rite Aid: Rite Aid brand is BOGO on all their vits and supplements
Nature Made and Nature's Bounty are Buy One get one 50% off

CVS: Nature Made brand is BOGO, the limit is up to 6

I know everyone uses different brands, but I usually try out different supplements when there are BOGO sales and that's the only time I buy my Biotin.

cocomochaa

what brand and how much dosage did u take please? did you take for a long time, I'm always scared to try it thinking it might mess up my hormones or something but I know the ladies in blackhair media forum who are trying to gain weight are taking it.

i take rio amazon 500mg 2xday (white with red cap) took about a month :drunk: for my bum bum to be noticable. My hormones are pure n utter rubbish. theres no way maca could make it any worse.:ohwell:

*Muffin*

I take a women's multivitamin that I get from whole foods and Spirulina religiously once every day. I take a teaspoon of spirulina powder and 1 vitamin tablet after breakfast.

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
I take a multivitamin and HSN with 1000mcg of biotin. Whenever I take my HSN, I get really good growth, hair and nails!

Platinum

:curtain::look: Where can I find Maca?:sekret:

SoSweet08

I'm not taking any hair vitamins right now but I think I'm going to start using biotin again. I really miss the growth and thickness I got with it. I was one of those people that got a bad breakout from it so I am a little iffy on the whole thing.

I'm going to make sure my diet and water intake is on point and my new face regimen is wonderful...so hopefully this and maybe bentonite added into my regimen could help. And I'm going to start with a smaller dosage and work my way up.

The only supplement I've tried so far is Biotin. I take the Natures Bounty brand(1000mcg daily). I've been doing this for about 3 months now and I have noticed that my hair is longer, especially in the back. I'm going to continue taking biotin...I think it really has increased my hair growth. I haven't had any side effects, but I believe other people have(like breaking out), so I would see what other people say.

beans4reezy

I take Biotin and GNC UltraNourishair. I don't see too much of a change ...but I take them faithfully. I think they'll eventually give me a boost...

SCarolinaGirl

I take dollar general hair, skin and nails vitamins, a regular multivitamin, garlic supplements and green tea extract. I have maca (in powder and pill form but I didn't know it helps with hair growth.

CurlyMoo

Do you take MACA in pill form or powder? Can you provide a link to the exact one you are taking. Or you can just PM me. I would like to learn more about this suppliment. Thanks.