Vitamins and Supplements...Which Ones and How Much

Which Vitamins/Supplements Are You Taking?

• Biotin

Votes: 164 61.9%
  • B-Complex

Votes: 102 38.5%
  • Evening Primrose

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Flaxseed Oil

Votes: 88 33.2%
  • Garlic

Votes: 60 22.6%
  • MSM

Votes: 105 39.6%
  • Other

Votes: 132 49.8%

• Total voters
I just purchased some Andrew Lessman Vit D-3 1000 vitamins from HSN (will be taking 1 capsule 1 x per day). They are $24 for 180 count, no shipping or handling (don't know for how long). I am also taking Andrew Lessman's Hair & Nail Vitamins (1 capsule 2 x per day).

Last edited:
All By......Nature Made

B-Complex...for stress.
Fish Oil.....for my heart.
Vitamin E....for my skin.
Flaxseed.....I care not to say why I take this vitamin:look:
Biotin....for my hair.

I take Biotin, MSM, Iron, EPO, B-complex, a multi, and Fish oil daily.

It may sound like a lot :look:, but I'm not just taking them for hair. Each of them I take for health reasons and will continue to do so even if my hair doesn't keep responding to them.

I also eat A LOT of fruits, vegetables, seafood, and poultry. I cook a lot of Asian, Latin, and Mediterranean cuisines and all those people are known for having beautiful skin and hair. It just so happens that my family and I like those foods so the hair and health benefits are really just an added bonus! :grin:

I used to drink a why protein shake with soy milk every day (26-52g protein per shake), but since I won't have a gym membership until later this month I'm afraid to keep that up in case I gain wait. :nono:

My hair can stay were it is as long as I can be a size 6-8 again! :lachen:

I made a New Year's Resolution to to take my multi-vitamins everyday. I haven't missed so far. Anyway, I take Women's Ultra Mega Active Vitapak from GNC. It comes in a purple box and has individually wrapped packs. There are eight in each pack. I don't know if it will help with hairgrowth. But I work out 3-4 times a week and try to eat well. So I am just trying to take care of my body as a whole and hopefully it will reflect in my hair as well.

MSM - powder
Biotin - 5000g
Vitamin b with c complex
have garlic need to take it more
raw wheat germ, wheat germ oil, omega 369 in protein shake 4x a week
need
mulit vitamin
liquid silica

I take a B-complex and zinc (just started this this month) for my hair.

I take vitamin c, vitamin d, cod liver oil and a pro-biotic for general health.

I am currently taking the Women's Mega Active Pack. It comes in the purple box from GNC and a trainer at my gym let me on to them. I think more than anything they give me energy. I became committed to not forgetting them as a New Year's Resolution. So when I length check in May, I will know if there are working or not.

Oh, and mine come in individually wrapped packages. So I drop one in my purse at night and take with breakfast at work. So I never forget. So really easy. But there are eight pills in the package. And they are BIG.

Sorry, this is posted twice, didn't realize this was the same thread. LOL

i currently take:
green powder in my already green smoothie, 1 scoop (green vibrance, perfect food or trader joes brand)
2,000 to 3,000 milligrams of msm crystals in my water or tea
evening primrose
multi (chewable or liquid)
emergen-c
calcium (chewable)

I don't take any of these for hair growth but for being overall healthy along with my diet and excercise. i'm considering adding alpha lipoic acid for more anti-oxidants and additional benefits for the skin. I also for the most part buy whats on sale or the cheapest at the healthfood store or vitamin shoppe.

i just started taking:

GNc Ultra Nourish Hair
Biotin 600mcg.

I plan on incorporating MSM Powder & a multi vit. soon.

I currently take 100mcg of Biotin and MSM...sometimes a garlic pill as well. As far as side effects I havent noticed any. I thought I was one of the unfortunate ones who would break out but it appeared that since I started taking them (last month) during my menstral cycle...it seemed as if I did have sideeffects but in reality it was just the hormones:drunk:

I'm currently taking Biotin 2500 mcg/day (Hair and Nails), Spirulina and Chlorella (for protein and multivit), Garlic (shedding), Iron (Anemia), Calcium with Vit D (Bones). I used to take Flaxseed, Evening Primrose, and Silica but I ran out and never bought anymore. Noticeable Positive Changes since I started Nov 1st:

1) Rock Hard Nails!!! My nails are the hardest they've ever been in my life! I've always had chippy, peely, breaky nails. Now They are so hard it feels like I have 3 coats of Sally's Hard as Nails on them! They are about 1/4 inch past my finger tip now and look like a french mani!! :grin:

2) Slightly Faster Hair Growth: My cornrow extensions have grown slightly faster than normal. Before I started taking supplements, my cornrows didn't start really looking crazy grown out and old until about 8 weeks (about an 1 inch of growth). After supplements, my cornrows are super crazy now after only 4 weeks and it NG is about the same amount I get in 8 weeks. Looks like I got an inch in one month, but I'll have to do a length check when I take out my extensions this weekend.

3) More Energy and Better Mood. Not feeling as tired and sluggish as before. i feel consistently content throughout the day without the moodiness from being tired.

4) Clearer, Less Dry Skin. I already had clear skin before supplements, but after I started I noticed pore size on my nose shrunk. My skin tone looks brighter. My overall body skin is less dry and I could skip lotion sometimes and still not be ashy.

Last edited:
Back