How many pills/supplements are you popping??

How many supplements/pills are you popping?

• Just one!

Votes: 78 12.2%

Votes: 103 16.1%

Votes: 98 15.3%
  • 4+

Votes: 361 56.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lovelymissyoli

These past few weeks I have been reading many posts regarding supplements for hair growth and I want to incorporate some new ones into my regimen. I’m currently taking 3 supplements: Biotin, Zinc, and a Multi vitamin. Will adding a Super B-Complex and Flaxseed Oil be too much?? :confused:

How many different types of pills/supplements are you ladies popping, and what are they?? Do they help you get a substantial amount of new growth each month, or are they for overall health?

ETA
: For those who take 2 or more supplements, how big/small are they? I have a problem swallowing pills so my supplements are smaller than the size of an M&M. Also, are there any supplements that you do/don't recommend because of side effects you recieved??

Last edited:

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I take a multi-vitamin (for overall health), NatureMade Super B-Complex (for hair and nail growth, thickness, & strength), and Cod Liver Oil capsules (for skin health).

lovelymissyoli

Poohbear said:
I take a multi-vitamin (for overall health), NatureMade Super B-Complex (for hair and nail growth, thickness, & strength), and Cod Liver Oil capsules (for skin health).

Now I know you really like that Super B-Complex from what I read in some of your posts. Has it aided in your hair growth, or do you contribute that to something else?

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
lovelymissyoli said:
Now I know you really like that Super B-Complex from what I read in some of your posts. Has it aided in your hair growth, or do you contribute that to something else?
I would say the Super B-Complex has definitely aided in my hair growth. I have a lot of new growth; it's hard to tell the length of my hair because of shrinkage and I'm transitioning, but it looks like I've gotten about 4 inches in 5 months! ;)

Edited to add: Allandra got me hooked onto this after telling how she grew her chin length hair to waist length in about 2-3 years!!! :shocked:

Last edited:

lovelymissyoli

Poohbear said:
I would say the Super B-Complex has definitely aided in my hair growth. I have a lot of new growth; it's hard to tell the length of my hair because of shrinkage and I'm transitioning, but it looks like I've gotten about 4 inches in 5 months! ;)

Edited to add: Allandra got me hooked onto this after telling how she grew her chin length hair to waist length in about 2-3 years!!! :shocked:

Okay I think I might go pick up some of this pills. What brand are you taking? I saw these at my local pharmacy. Thanks for the info! :)

Jewell

1. GNC Ultra Nourishair x1
2. Alfalfa 650mg x2
3. Folic Acid 1 mg x1 (initially prescibed by doc for anemia)
4. Brewer's Yeast x2
5. Centrum Multi x1
6. Flaxseed Oil x1
7. Super B Complex x1

I take these every day religiously in the above amounts. I take half with breakfast or lunch, and the others at dinner. I don't have any adverse effects...my hair, skin, nails are thriving better than ever. My body feels great!

mswinni

Centrum Chewable 1X
Biotin 1X
Flaxseed Oil 2X
Evening Primrose Oil 3-4X
Super B-Complex 1X
MSM 1-2X

I've been taking supplements about a month now and I have tons of new-growth.

CLASSYEBONYGIRL

I am currently taking GNC, Women's Ultra Mega multivitamins, Hair,skin and nails formula, Vitamin A 10,000 IU, Natural E 400 IU (Vitamin E), Vitamin C 2000mg, Zinc 50mg, Biotin 600mcg, Amino Acids formula and Multi-oil formula (omega-3,6 and 9 fatty acids (fish body oil, gelatin, glycerin, flaxseed oil, wheat germ oil, evening primrose oil, borage oil, black currant oil and carob extract).

So far so good. When my Hair, skin and nails formula is finished I will only be taking my Multivitamins along with extra vitamins (A, C (antioxidant), E), B- vitamin (Biotin), mineral (Zinc), protein (Amino acid) and EFA (Multi-oil formula).

Nyambura

surfer girl
When I first started on a vitamin regimen a few years ago, I ran it by my doctor. After discovering I was pregnant, I did it again with my obstetrician. Since everyone is different, reactions (positive/adverse) will be different. In my honest opinion, it is safer and better to find out what is doable for you specifically by running it by a health care practitioner; this is especially so since the FDA (which isn't 100%) does not regulate supplements...without standardization there's no way to accurately measure the consistency of results/effectiveness/strength of whatever is marketed...to say nothing of side effects...especially if one is taking other medications or has health problems. Not trying to be an alarmist and each LHCF member is free to do as (s)he wishes, but I thought I'd put it out there.:)

To answer the thread question, right now I only take two supps.

CharUK

"Honestly, Truly"
I was taking msm, but was scared of an outbreak on my skin, so I stopped to be on the safe side.

I'm now just having:

Multi vitamins (which should take care of health, hair and skin)
And evening primrose (for my skin)

x

Belle Du Jour

I only take (2) Biotin with Silica for my hair.
For my skin I take (1) B5.
For general health, I take a chewable (1) multivitamin, (3) CLA, and (1) Fish oil or flaxseed oil.

So about 8 pills a day!

Dolapo

I take GNC hair, skin and nails which contains biotin, silica, evening primrose oil, cod liver oil, and MSM. I stopped my biotin and oil capsules a few days ago but when people started commenting on the health of my hair and the fact that its at a state where it normally is at 3 months post relaxer (im 2 months post relaxer now), ive decided to get back on the vitamins i stopped taking. I used to take 5000mcg biotin but i think what im taking now is 2500mcg.

northernbelle

I currently ingest GNC Ultra Mega Woman with Iron, 2 per day, and the Country Life 1000 mg Ester-C, one per day. So, that is a total of 3.

I am contemplating a hair, skin and nail vitamin manufactured by Solgar, which would raise me to a total intake of 4-5 vitamin pills per day.

northernbelle

anahnamuslyyours

Check my signature for what I'm currently taking. I used to take more, but have decided that I need to chill a bit. So I've gone from taking the flaxseed oil pills to eating two table spoons of flaxseed oil twice daily. I've also decided that I don't need to continue taking a prenatal since 1) I've never been pregnant 2) I take a GNC Ultranourishair & a multi vitamin. Then I cut out the second vitamin E pill because I already take one and why do I need to take another? Plus, I was mainly taking it for my skin and now I have a bunch of toher vitamins that should be working to clear my skin up.

Puddles

On Cloud 9
[size=+1]I use to take all the stuff for hair....but my skin didn't like it. Now I just take supplements for overall health. My skin has improved and my hair has flourished. This is what I take daily.

1. Green SuperFood powder mixed w/ protein shake
2. Omega 3/6/9 oil pills (2)
3. Milk Thistle (1)

***Green SuperFood contains

Wheat grass, Alfalfa powder, kelp, Spirulina, Cracked-Cell Chlorella, Brocoli powder, Spinach powder, Flax seed powder, & more.
[/size]

simcha

I take two:

1) New Chapter Hair and Skin Nutrients
2) Spiru-tein Soy Shake with Silk Soy Milk

Because I had fibroids my doctor (she is also a natural healer) wants me to take in addition:

1) Calcium and Magnesium
2) Fish oil (wild not farm bred)
3) Crushed Flaxseed

I did take them for a while but it was just too many pills for me to deal with. I think though I'll give it another try.

lovelymissyoli

Puddles said:
[size=+1]I use to take all the stuff for hair....but my skin didn't like it. Now I just take supplements for overall health. My skin has improved and my hair has flourished. This is what I take daily.

1. Green SuperFood powder mixed w/ protein shake
2. Omega 3/6/9 oil pills (2)
3. Milk Thistle (1)

***Green SuperFood contains

Wheat grass, Alfalfa powder, kelp, Spirulina, Cracked-Cell Chlorella, Brocoli powder, Spinach powder, Flax seed powder, & more.
[/size]

Wow, I've never heard of this stuff. How many inches do you get each month?

RabiaElaine

I recently started taking HF 37 vitamins, which is a total of 8 pills per day. I am also incorporating some of the vitamins I used to take before HF 37 like MSM, and biotin. I'm also going to get that Naturemade Super B complex. That stuff sounds great!!!

L

LaNecia

I've been taking my vitamins since January 1. I've noticed my new growth since February is MUCH softer and silky.

Country Life: Maxi Hair, 2 Tablets
Puritan Price Biotin: 5 mg, 3 Tablets
Vitamin E: 2 Gel Caps
Kal Silica: 1 Tablet
Natures Plus Hema-Plex Iron: 1 Tablet
Evening Primrose Oil: 2 Gel Caps
L-Cysteine: 2
Nature Made Super B Complex: 2
MSM & Vitamin C Powder: 6 mg

Natures Plus Hema-PlexIngredients: I chose this brand because it contains the following nutrients: Vitamin C, Pantothentic Acid, L-Cysteine, Silica, Chlorophyll, spinach, broccoli, shatter cell wall Chlorella, Spirulina and Barely grass juice (among many others). The content of iron is in the quantity of 85 MG per tablet.

Divastate

1 prenatal
2 evening primrose
2 women's total efa
2 MSM

I ran out of biotin but plan to purchase more freeda biotin soon.

Puddles

On Cloud 9
lovelymissyoli said:
Wow, I've never heard of this stuff. How many inches do you get each month?

[size=+1]I just retouched in Feb. I have 1/2 inch of new growth as of today. I usually get 1/2 to 3/4.....the majority is 1/2.

The Vitamin Shoppe has all kind of Super Greens supplements.
[/size]

Last edited: