TWA Grow Out Challenge 2010

RoundEyedGirl504

I changed my game plan. I was originally going to do braids for several months but I think I am just going to dye my hair and rock my twa, I'm back in love with it now :)

I am going to dye it tonight, I want like a mahogany color, but my hair is so hard to lift, I am going to check out the selection at the Walgreens. I will post pics of the results.

JerriBlank

You guys,do not sleep on rose water to mist your hair with.I spray some from a spray bottle on my hair,moisturize and then do flat twists straight back,or do the front to the middle of my head,then the middle to the back. I take them down in the morning.It takes me no time at all.My hair is cute too:grin:. I have been taking all kinds of pics on my phone,but i need to take some w/my camera and upload them.I will before the week is up.
I'm rambling,but you guys should really try it.Cheap and extremely effective:yep:!

yods

You guys,do not sleep on rose water to mist your hair with.I spray some from a spray bottle on my hair,moisturize and then do flat twists straight back,or do the front to the middle of my head,then the middle to the back. I take them down in the morning.It takes me no time at all.My hair is cute too:grin:. I have been taking all kinds of pics on my phone,but i need to take some w/my camera and upload them.I will before the week is up.
I'm rambling,but you guys should really try it.Cheap and extremely effective:yep:!

Thanks thats a great tip, do you flat twist your hair every night?

What do you other ladies do with your hair at night? I just throw a satin bonnet at night but wake up to a matted mess.

Taina

i ACTUALLY DONT HAVE TIME NOW TO ADD ALL THE NEW ONES TO THE THREAD, I WILL DO SO ON THIS COMING WEEKEND

SEE YA

sORRY THE MAYUS. I'M NOT YELLING XD

kd79

Thanks! I would like to be added to the challenge

B.C. was october 2009
My current routine is pretty simple; i co wash daily; and wash about once a week with juicy shampoo bars; i henna twice a month

vitamins
GNC ultra nourish Mondays Wednesdays Fridays
vit E daily
pre natal daily
biotin 5,000 daily
water 70-80 ounces a day
workout 3-4 xs a week

Attachments

• Picture1.jpg
    Picture1.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 59

Neek-a-Nator

B.C. was october 2009
My current routine is pretty simple; i co wash daily; and wash about once a week with juicy shampoo bars; i henna twice a month

vitamins
vit E daily
pre natal daily
biotin 5,000 daily
water 70-80 ounces a day
workout 3-4 xs a week
Oh WOW, your hair, smile, and make-up are gorgeous.

Determined22

I'm currently in braids, but I'm taking them down in a couple weeks so I will post my "starting" pic then. This is a great challenge tho, I'm looking for ways to grow out my TWA.

Finally took down my braids today, my TWA is growing!

First shot is my hair stretched, rest are my puff after a cowash, so its shrunken.

My Reggie:
*No direct heat
*Moisture everyday, either via cowash or my spray bottle mix
*Deep condition at least once a week
*Henna treatment once a month
*Focus on retention using low-manipulation styles (braids, twists, etc).

Attachments

• IMG00003-20100101-1444.jpg
    IMG00003-20100101-1444.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG00006-20100101-1650.jpg
    IMG00006-20100101-1650.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG00005-20100101-1649.jpg
    IMG00005-20100101-1649.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG00007-20100101-1650.jpg
    IMG00007-20100101-1650.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

JerriBlank

Thanks thats a great tip, do you flat twist your hair every night?

What do you other ladies do with your hair at night? I just throw a satin bonnet at night but wake up to a matted mess.

No m'am,but it is probably best to do so to keep the coils looking their best. What I do is moisturize at night,tie my hair down lightly with a scarf,and put my bonnet over that. In the morning,i re mist lightly with my rose water spray,fluff my hair up a bit,and fix it however i'm wearing it. I have been parting in the front,loosely twisting back a few inches,and pinning them into place. I fluff the back out and i'm good!

JerriBlank

B.C. was october 2009

vitamins
vit E daily
pre natal daily
biotin 5,000 daily
water 70-80 ounces a day
workout 3-4 xs a week

You look very familiar. Do you hve a youtube vid flat ironing w/a ghd iron,by chance?

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
I just added my thanks. Hopefully its not too late to join

plastic

Im doing my second henna since I have bced .. it calms me down alot. Im def goign to keep at it until I have too much hair to handle

I have been trying different combinations of products since the bc too . Tomorrow I will be trying plain shea butter and ecostyler and see how that works out.

carlana25

B.C. was september 2009

My current routine is pretty simple; i co 1x to2x week and wash about once a week with ovation shampoo i use ovation cell thearpy/jbco/ megatek on scalp 3x week DC: AUSSIE OR OVATION /ALTER EGO AND OTHERS

VITAMINS:VITAMIN CODE MULTI,BIOTIN,ZINC ,MSM,HAIR SKIN AND NAILS,
GARLIC , PROTEIN COMPLETE

I NEED TO DRINK MORE WATER

IMG00029-20091217-2355.jpg[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• IMG00032-20091217-2357.jpg
    IMG00032-20091217-2357.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 8

Taina

How's everybody doing? i've been taking my suplements and DC/co-washing/mositurizing and baggyn as commited to. Wht about you?

plastic

i havent started anything yet .. going to start in 2010 ... just keeping it simple now and doing my henna treatments

prettybyrd

Here's my starting pics and reggie:

Cowash - 1-3 days a week (depends on style)
Taliah Waajid Enhancing Herbal Conditioner
Moisturize - daily/nightly
Hawaiian Silky 14-in-1
Seal - daily/nightly
Extra Light EVOO (might switch to grapeseed oil or jojoba w/ rosemary)
Shampoo - Once a week
Taliah Waajid Total Body Black Earth Shampoo
DC - Once a week
Shea-Mango Lustrasilk Deep Conditioner (I'm looking for an all natural one if you have suggestions - PM me!!!!:yep:)
Mask - Once bi-weekly
Aztec Secret

(It is my intention to keep my reggie as simple as possible!)

Last edited:

OhSoOthentik

Ok, Sorry I am so late, here are my starting off pictures. :grin:

Attachments

• DSCN1638.jpg
    DSCN1638.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 19
  • DSCN1656.jpg
    DSCN1656.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 23
  • DSCN1657.jpg
    DSCN1657.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 18
  • DSCN1660.jpg
    DSCN1660.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 15

yaya24

Merry Christmas Eve ladies. Here are my official starting pics for this challenge

Slightly air dryed out of the shower naked hair (Dec 21)

Lightly blown out fro (Dec 21)

a_shoe_6307

Sorry so late! I had to finish up school for the semester and tons of end of the year stuff to do at work so I have been busy. So here goes...

I will be in braids until Feb/Mar (depending on how long I can keep these bad boys in) and after that I will be wigging and half wigging my hair the rest of the time. I may do another set of braids during the summer (that is after graduation in May). I will also cowash 2-3 times a week after the braids (wash once a week while in braids). Will DC at least once a week, take my vitamins as usual, protective style when I get some real growth, and us my MN mix 2-3 times a week.

Starting pics are in my album (12/09 folder) for now. I will upload them as soon as I can because I am having issues with my Internet.

robot.

I've been doing good on keeping up with my DCs. :grin: Also gonna start taking silica supplements again.

yaya24

I am weaved up (plan on staying that way till March). I will apply my moisturizer on my hair underneath and plan on cowashing on Sundays. I will poo/DC once my weave comes out.