New Speedy Twa Grow Out Challenge- 16 Week Challenge!

SignatureBeauty

I have a Twa that is probably about 2 inches Long! and I am wanting to get some growth going, I know 16 weeks is long but we can check in at least every week to see how everyone is doing, The Challenge can begin on August 1st & End on December 1st. I was gonna try 8 weeks but I don't think that is enough time to see growth, But for those of us with Twa's we can do this. If you can get a photo of your hair on August 1st or Before and we can compare photos every 4-6 weeks whichever you prefer.

So if you want to join please do so. And anyone can help me out with suggestions or add whatever you like:D [/FONT]

Last edited:

ProductJunkie

I'm in, I wont be doing anything special though, no growth aid.. just all the tlc that made my hair love me and grow!!

SignatureBeauty

Great I am so excited, I just decided not to use any growth enhancers but if you want to thst is fine, I will just continue to use my old fashioned hair grease.

Tishee the Proclaim is wonderful except the conditioner has mineral oil in it, but it leaves my hair really soft, or you can just dilute it to overcome the mineral oil, But it works great for me.

MyHoneyChild has some wonderful hair products, But my staples from her are the Honey Hair Mask & The Sophias Old Fashioned Hair Grease, I am about to try her Coconut Hair Milk when I get the sample, I had tried her type 4 hair cream and it didn't work for me because my hair is very crazy but it seemed type 2-3 hair cream worked better but I didn't like the smell. her herbal hair cocktail didn't work for me either nor did her aloe vera leave in. So I pretty much use things that have water as the first or second ingredient because then I know they will work, My natural hair has to have Water, I can't just mix butter and oils it will not work for me LOL!!!!

I have very picky hair and as you can see in my avatar my hair is almost Jet Black and I Like it, so I don't use Honey anymore because it was making my hair turn brown, so I had to BC again to get down to my natural color.

But this should be a great Challenge.

Last edited:

morehairplease

NappyParadise said:
Great I am so excited, I just decided not to use any growth enhancers but if you want to thst is fine, I will just continue to use my old fashioned hair grease.

Tishee the Proclaim is wonderful except the conditioner has mineral oil in it, but it leaves my hair really soft, or you can just dilute it to overcome the mineral oil, But it works great for me.

MyHoneyChild has some wonderful hair products, But my staples from her are the Honey Hair Mask & The Sophias Old Fashioned Hair Grease, I am about to try her Coconut Hair Milk when I get the sample, I had tried her type 4 hair cream and it didn't work for me because my hair is very crazy but it seemed type 2-3 hair cream worked better but I didn't like the smell. her herbal hair cocktail didn't work for me either nor did her aloe vera leave in. So I pretty much use things that have water as the first or second ingredient because then I know they will work, My natural hair has to have Water, I can't just mix butter and oils it will not work for me LOL!!!!

I have very picky hair and as you can see in my avatar my hair is almost Jet Black and I Like it, so I don't use Honey anymore because it was making my hair turn brown, so I had to BC again to get down to my natural color.

But this should be a great Challenge.

thanks sweetie! your avatar pic is so pretty! You must tell me how you get the neat fro? My ends are sticking out/up/down etc....and they are driving me crazy....should I BC again? If so, should I go lower this time around? Shoot me a pm with you email addy so I can send you some pics....not having a neat,polished fro is really getting to me.

ETA: is the Sophia's hair grease heavy? I am looking for a moisturizer and this sounds good....is it heavy at all? Does it weight your hair down?

SignatureBeauty

I will email you my addy because I want to see those pics, I have hairs sticking up every whicha way also LOL!! I just pick my Lil Fro out & then I just pat it real lightly until all hair looks in place and is down, If my hairs get too wild I would just go over them with some clippers or scissors but I wouldn't big chop again because those strays are gonna be there LOL!!!

I do believe the Hair Grease would be Heavy for the Hair, I haven't tried it on my hair yet, I just apply it lightly to my scalp, I am sure some get on my hair but not enough for me to tell, But it is a Hair Grease & Not a Moisturizer, but I will tell you how that Coconut Milk works, for some reason I think my hair is gonna like that. LOL!!!!

What products are you using as of right now?

SignatureBeauty

Welcome Tene! I hope you have a Great time with this Challenge!

Tishee here are the ingredients in the Hair Grease: Sunflower Butter, Raw Honey, Rosemary Oil, Olive Oil, Fruit Enzymes & Fresh Peach Oil.

I applied it to my hair today in the photo in my siggy and it gave me great sheen, but I have shrinkage bad but I know once my hair gets longer it won't be so bad.

The Ingredients for the Honey Hair Mask are: Unfiltered Raw Honey, Shea Butter, Coconut Butter, Mango Butter, Coconut Milk & Honey Essence Oil.
I use this conditioner with Heat and my hair is soft and smelling good for days.

I used the Myhoneychild Coconut Hair Milk & it made my hair feel like it was stripped and I had to rewash it. I stopped using the Proclaim because I want to do this Challenge All Natural using my shampoo Bars and plus I was out and I don't want to go Buy anymore LOL!!!!!!!!

KiSseS03

I'm in! I Bc'd less than 2 weeks ago and I would like to see if I can get a full 2 inches in 4 months (1/2 inch per month). No fancy growth aids for me either, just protective styles, moisture and internal health! My starting less is around 3-4 inches.

SignatureBeauty

Welcome kisses03! it is very possible to have 2 inches in 4 months, I have 2 inches but you can't tell because of the shrinkage and I started darn near bald 4 months ago, But my have growth spurts so I just let them be,I will try to post a pic with my hair picked out, but I need to know how to resize them LOL!!!!!

morehairplease

nappyparadise I am going to take some pics tonight and send them to you email addy. Those MHC products look great. This past weekend I purchased:
-lekair shea butter cholesterol
-silk elements mayo and moisturizing treatments

from Sally's and I must say that I LOVE the shea butter cholesterol. I am going back this weekend and purchase 8 of them :eek: ;) :lol: .

I also brought the Proclaim aloe and shea butter conditioner but was not pleased with the results. This weekend I am going to return it.

I would have liked to start the challenage with all naturals products but the shea butter cholesterol has a few unnatural stuff in it.

ETA: nappy how long do you leave the honey mask on with heat?

blazingthru

I'm in, I BC April 8th, I have a lot of growth I am not using anything. I cowash every single day. I take a shower twice a day and in the morning I Cowash in the evening I just let it get wet sometimes I cowash, sometimes I don't. I have about 3.5 inches all the way around now. Perhaps more in the very front. I can't wait to get some growth I can't wait to have a pony ontop. Something.

SignatureBeauty

Tishee I leave the Honey Hair Mask on for 15-20 min with heat and then just walk around with the plastic cap still on my head until it cools down.

I am sorry the proclaim didn't work for you, it was the mineral oil I am sure. I ran out so I won't be buying anymore plus I have alot of shampoo bars I need to use. LOL!!!

jshor09

I bc'd in june. I basically condition wash when I have time preferably every 2 days ans shampoo once a week. I have been using mtg trying to use up my bottle i have left. I just want enough growth to do some styles. i also take a multivitamin and iron. I will probrably add flaxseed oil as well to my vitmain regimine.

SignatureBeauty

Welcome jkelly! I know what you mean by wanting some length to do some styles, I am in the same boat, but I am being patient, because my hair is growing at a reasonable rate so, But I can do twist in my hair, but I mess with them so much that they start to unravel LOL!! I love how soft they feel, I can just imagine how they are gonna feel when my hair gets longer.

hopeful

Hi, I'd like to join in on this challenge. Nappyparadise, we bc'd just two days apart, I bc'd on March 21st. Right now my hair measures between two and three inches. I will try to post a pic by August 1st. I really need the motivation. Thanks for starting this challenge.

SignatureBeauty

LOL!!! HairIAM & Hopeful I am so glad to have you join, I too am ready to get out of this Twa, but I must say that taking pictures really help you see your progress. Hopefully we can get out of this Twa stage real soon LOL!!!!

hopeful

Hey ladies, here are pics of my freshly washed hair, pics taken today, 7/29/06. My hair is 2 to 3 inches in length depending on where I measure. I will likely do a 1/4 inch trim soon.

DSCN1757-vi.jpgDSCN1758-vi.jpgDSCN1761-vi.jpg

The pic in my avatar was last year at 8 months post bc, but at that time I had a texturizer. I'm hoping at the end of this challenge it will look similiar to that but all natural:).

Last edited:

SignatureBeauty

WOW! Hoprful your hair is just Too Cute! and it looks good on you, Howe long did you transition?

How did you get your photos in small? I have a hard time doing that LOL!!!!