TWA Grow Out Challenge 2010

Here is my starting point. January 8, 2010. About half and inch all over. Here I grow.

I am K.I.S.S., co-wash every other day (I work out), olive oil, jojoba oil, Mega Tek and once my ends are long enough I will be hiding them! Never comb, hardly brush and only with a Denman in the shower. Nightly massages and silk pillowcase.

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 13
how have you all been styling your TWA daily, this question is more so directed to daily or every other day cowashers.

I add clip and pull up the sides or add little barrettes to jazz it up a bit, headbands, etc. Here are some pictures of my styles. I have two strand twists right now

Attachments

• DSCN1761.jpg
    DSCN1761.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 18
  • DSCN1627.jpg
    DSCN1627.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 22
Sooo in...I'm also doing the braid challenge so my regi is basically a very loose interpretation of C&G:

- moisturize/massage nightly w/ glycerin mix
- seal twice weekly w/ shea butter mix
- cleanse scalp once weekly w/ aloe vera witch hazel toner (Thayer's)
- baggy once monthly (assuming I can figure out how to do so with braids installed) overnight w/ hot oil mix
- poo/DC once monthly w/ AO Jojoba & Aloe and homemade avocado & yogurt DC

I'm about to install cornrows for some experimental extensions :)look:) as soon as I can get up the motivation to do so, lol...preferably within the next few hours...I plan to keep those for 3-4 weeks then install yarn twists, which I will "touch up" (edges only) monthly and reinstall every 8 weeks or so.

ETA: Starting pics now attached.

Attachments

• top front.jpg
    top front.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 11
  • left.jpg
    left.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 8
  • right.jpg
    right.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 8
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Ok guys,

Here is a picture of my first attempt at braids. I'm so happy.
I don't thing I'm getting growth so I thing I'm going to start drinking more water and more workouts (besides wii fit). Maybe take a vitamin.
I was thinking about wearing wigs but I'm in love with my hair and my curls, I don't want to hide them.:nono:

I'll be back soon with more updates

Attachments

• IMG00008-20100108-0959.jpg
    IMG00008-20100108-0959.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 20
im still around. i am loving my hair more and more each day. and it grows very nicely but i have decided to continue with co washing everyday and wearing my 'fro out and not doing ps so i dont know if that will mess with my retention or not.

Hi ladies... I just wanted to pop in and give an encouraging word... see my sig below... I BCed in 2006 and now I'm at MBL. Just wanted to say that if you stick with it and keep trying when setbacks happen (and they WILL) then you can reach your goals! :weird:

im still around. i am loving my hair more and more each day. and it grows very nicely but i have decided to continue with co washing everyday and wearing my 'fro out and not doing ps so i dont know if that will mess with my retention or not.
I don't think so. I'm weating my hair out since BC and my hair is beeing growing. I actually don't wanna have braid or sews (first because i dn't like them) because i want to know my hair since th ebegining, i believe is going to be easier for me to manage it when it reach to certain lenght, if i know it since now.

LadyPaniolo Thanks, your hair is beautiful and is such an inspiration too =)

checking in. Hello ladies.

I'm still wigging it. I've found some lace front wigs that I can wear to work. My hair is now 3 inches. It's freezing cold in VA and it's by far the coldest winter ever not to mention the worst sinus season, so I can't co-wash on a daily basis. So I can only do a weekly co-wash and I'm in a baggy challenge so my scalp is itchy but I know what to do for the itchies. I'm taking biotin 5000mcg and multi-vitamin and trying to drink close to 1/2 gallon of water. My goal, Lord willing is to still grow my hair out straight shoulder length by December. That way I'll have some length to my hair when I graduate from college. Well, Golden Girls is on. See ya later.

Hello Ladies!!! Checking in. I have gotten a lot of growth the last month with my braids (1/2 inch in 3 weeks). They have also kept me from doing something stupid like picking up a pair of scissors to even my hair out or cut it out of frustration. I am just waiting this whole thing out. I know that my hair will grow. I just have to give it time.

I will check in again next month when I take the braids down and post pics.

How long have you been doing that? How has it been working for you? Co washing is so much easier for me, but if I have to PS more then I will.

I bc'd on 12/4/09. Here's my one month progess pics. I have a KISS routine:
Cowash every other day
Use Almond Oil and Aloe Vera for Spritz Daily
Protein every 6 weeks
Cantu shea butter as leave in daily[/

Last edited:
yesterday was the first day of my vitamin intake .. i plan to start chlorella .. but i plan to do that on the weekend seeing as some people have gotten ill from it

i never posted my starting pics so here they are as of today.

Well my um "regimen" is:

Cowashing daily/every other day with suave, giovanni silk smooth deep moisture.
I use LeKair/Lustrasilk cholestrol for deep conditioning/weekly
I was using kccc but not so much anymore
I use giovanni direct leave in and Jane Carter nourish spray leaving
Use oil to seal ends and sometimes do oil rinses

I do a cold rinse on my hair at the end of every wash.

I do protein treatments when ever i feel like my hair needs it.

I also shampoo with sulfate free cone free products when needed.

Thats it for now.

I am so happy that i am starting to become in tune with my hair/body. :grin:

Right side
jan2010100.jpg

Left side (not sure why this one is so big but oh well get up close and personal with my head) :lachen:
jan2010108.jpg

jan2010098.jpg

Back- (best shot i could get...lol)
jan2010107.jpg

jan2010150.jpg

Man it looks so much better in pics than it does to me in person....i never understood hairnorexia until now. :look:

Addie3010, your hair looks cute! Everybody's twa is shaped so nice. Mine is all out of order..Maybe I should get someone to shape up the back..

btw vitamins I'm taking are:

Cod Liver Oil
Fish Oil
Garlic Pills
Be Beautiful
Evening Primrose
Multi vitamins
D3

My nails seem to have grown really fast..Hair..meh not so much

Hey Gals, checking in on everyone. I am starting to get frustrated with the whole shampoo thing. I tried a 98% natural shampoo and I still have the extreme dryness after shampooing. Guess my hair hair does not like shampoo period. Maybe I should cut back on the shampoo washes to once every two weeks. What do you all think?

Hey Gals, checking in on everyone. I am starting to get frustrated with the whole shampoo thing. I tried a 98% natural shampoo and I still have the extreme dryness after shampooing. Guess my hair hair does not like shampoo period. Maybe I should cut back on the shampoo washes to once every two weeks. What do you all think?

I had a shampoo issue but it was me not doing it enough....I was cowahing daily and applying leave INS and oils and just forgot...then I waswondering why my hair was acting weird....
I have u tried the kccc come clean it's really gently and I don't even have to rinse and repeat.
I don't know what types of products u use ( heavy/light) but I would cut back especially if u not getting the results u want.
Hth

my pictures are attached.
my regimen is
co-wash everyday/every two days with tresemme conditioners :lick:
my leave-in is usually the conditioner i co-wash with
I seal moisture with olive oil, castor oil or Shea butter

deep condition every week with Aubrey organics HSR
deep condition every month with Rhassoul Clay/block

i do not get build up from daily co-washing :drunk: so i do not shampoo regularly, if i do, i use a black soap or a shampoo bar.:yep:

Attachments

• P1120121.JPG
    P1120121.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 19
  • P1120094.JPG
    P1120094.JPG
    26.8 KB · Views: 16
  • P1120116.JPG
    P1120116.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
BC 12/09

My regi are;

Cowash once a week
deep condition once a week
protein treatment once a month
Shampoo once a month
seal with coconut oil and castro oil

take multi vitamins
fish oil
exercise 3 - 5x a week
and try to eat healthy
trying to drink more water

Attachments

• sherlene hair 054.jpg
    sherlene hair 054.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
I had a shampoo issue but it was me not doing it enough....I was cowahing daily and applying leave INS and oils and just forgot...then I waswondering why my hair was acting weird....
I have u tried the kccc come clean it's really gently and I don't even have to rinse and repeat.
I don't know what types of products u use ( heavy/light) but I would cut back especially if u not getting the results u want.
Hth

I was using V05 moisturizing shampoo and anti-breakage shampoo once a week. On Sunday I tried Burt's Bees Super Shiny Grapefruit & Sugar Beet Shampoo. It has a lot of great ingredients and no sulfates but I still had the dryness. So I think now I will try to dilute the shampoo.

BTW I still am doing my co washes and moisturizing daily :grin:
I have started wearing two strand twists nore often so I dont have to go out with wet hair as much. I love them.

Hello Ladies!

I would like to join this challenge!

My regimen is that I co-wash anywhere from 2-3x per week. I shampoo 1x per week with either Organix Tea Tree Mint shampoo or I'll throw some baking soda into a VO5 conditioner (I've only done this 2x so far).

I use leave ins and moisturize like crazy. Some things I use are: shea butter and coconut oil (those are staples for me), Hawaiin Silky 14 in 1, Luster curl spray (basically a glycerine spray). Cantu Shea butter leave in. Sometimes I'll use my V05 Strawberries and Cream moisture milk as a leave in.

I deep condition 1-2x per week with ORS Replenshing or Silk Elements Intense Moisturizing Treatment.

I'll be adding ACV rinses and EVOO to my reggie soon. I'll also be adding AphoGee 2 minute Reconstructer bi-weekly as well.

I know we don't have to have a real "goal" in mind except growth, but I would like to attain shoulder length on my anniversary of my BC.

Here are my BC pics attached below. If you'd like to see my most recent pics, please check out my albums in my profile. Thanks.

Attachments

• Nadine's Big Chop Oct 27, 2009 002.jpg
    Nadine's Big Chop Oct 27, 2009 002.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 24
  • Nadine's Big Chop Oct 27, 2009 001.jpg
    Nadine's Big Chop Oct 27, 2009 001.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 16
  • Nadine's Big Chop Oct 27, 2009 004.jpg
    Nadine's Big Chop Oct 27, 2009 004.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 25
Back