New Speedy Twa Grow Out Challenge- 16 Week Challenge!

hopeful

Thanks for the compliment NappyParadise! As far as the small pics, I first put the pics in my fotki album, then I get the url for sharing photos which fotki provides then I upload them as an attachment here on LHCF. HTH. Oh and I didn't really transition at all. I think my last relaxer was maybe sometime in January and I bc'd a couple of months later. I don't think I could transition for months, the difference in texture between my natural hair and relaxed hair is too intense lol.

miss Congeniality

I am ready for the challenge. I plan to try to wear more protective styles, take vitamins, drink more water, and to exercise. Hopefully, I can shed a couple of pounds too :grin: .

SignatureBeauty

You are Welcome Hopeful! Your hair must grow pretty fast LOL!! But it is pretty & healthy!

Miss Congenality Welcome! I am sure you will shed some of those pounds LOL!!! I too want to exercise more but I am getting there.

SignatureBeauty

I mean if you have a hair goal of wanting to grow it out longer, then by all means do so, Alot of us have hair that is less than 3inches which is a Twa and just want to grow it out Longer so that we can start to do some different hair styles, Because we chopped off the Relaxed hair and now have very very short hair and sometimes it gets frustrated not to be able to do a diffrerent style.

But hey you are Welcome to Join! Maybe you could share some tips with us or something. LOL!!

SignatureBeauty

Okay Ladies! The Challenge has begun Today! If you have your before pictures, you can post them or wait until after the Challenge ends.

So what are your Routines for this Challenge?

hopeful

Well I've been washing and going for the past few days so pretty soon I will be either braiding or twisting it up. Other than my weekly deep conditioning I don't really have a hard and fast routine. Sometimes I keep it braided or twisted for a few days or a week then wear a braid/twist out for a day or two, sometimes I conditioner wash every day, other times conditioner wash two to three times a week, it just depends on how my hair is acting and whether I'm tired or not, lol.

I hope more ladies post pics.

morehairplease

Hi ladies,

So far so good.

My regimen for this challenge will be:
-pre poo w/Nexxus botanic oil & Suave humentant co(I ran out of Humectress. It worked SO much better w/this than the Suave but oh well).
-wash w/poo once a week
-deep condition once or twice a week w/Lustrasilk shea butter plus cholesterol until my Silk2 moisttec gets here
-cw daily or every other day
-apply leave in(Giovanni direct) followed by Scurl & pat Nexxus botanic oil on my ends

vitamins I plan on taking:
-bition
-vitamin c
-powered msm
-Udo's choice oil blend
-silica
-multivit
-hair vit

miss Congeniality

Okay, I am currently wearing twist. I have been rinsing my hair in the shower and spraying it with a spritz. I will shampoo and deep condition on the weekends and probably redo my twists. Trying to force myself to drink water and I try not to forget to take my vitamins.

dimpalz

Hey! Hey! Count me in!!!!

I've got just over 2 inches of TWA. My last relaxer was February 18th and I BCed June 1st. I'm hoping I can have enough hair by christmas to wear a headband without looking like I forced it! I could do it now but then I'd be "the girl with the short hair wearing a headband that's holding nothing down" lol!

I stopped the vits and potions when I BCed, so the last 2 months I've only gained an inch. Which I guess is good growing. I had 1.5 inches when I measured before I BCed but then you know how the scissors make you feel all warm inside while they're snipping away. They were soon confiscated!

- I cowash/wet EVERYDAY. How can anyone not? Isn't you guys hair all flat in the morning too? I still wear my headscarf so that's a cause too but I can't sleep without it, its almost like it's against the rules.
- I spray the damp hair with my hair oil mix which is distilled (boiled) water, aloe vera gelly and random oils I have around (Coconut, jojoba, grapeseed, nexxus botanic, and drops of lavendar, thyme, cedarwood and the other one from that growth oil recipe) The ratio is about 1 cup of water, about a tablespoon of the gelly, about 2 tablespoons of the oils and about 20 drops of the eo. I don't really make it to measure, I just don't put too much gelly or else it's too thick.
- If I want it to look more uniform I add some fantasia sparkle lite gel (watever it's called) and some MNT moisturising conditioner (yellow) as a leave in. Most days I use the MNT because it leaves my hair softer
- Then I use a nickel/1p sized amount of my shea butter mix to seal and add a bit of sheen. Too much and my hairs too greasy and I can't get my HIF on. The shea butter mix is shea butter, glycerin and coconut, jojoba and grapeseed oil. Enough glycerin to make it whipable and then enough oil to make it smooth, something like 2 parts shea to half a part oil and half a part glycerin.

Sorry that's a lot of info... I try to keep my TWA soft all day but some days it's a bit crispy, the aloe/oil spray helps to soften it up I still wont be taking any vitamins but I will be trying to exercise off the 10lbs I put on during finals after my bc and it's good to know I'm not the only one who loves my TWA but really wants it to hurry up and grow into a pony puff.

dimpalz

Here's some pics of my hair today. This has all the steps including the fantasia gel, but not much. I'm still patting down the top to match the shrinkage length of the sides so my head doesn't look odd-shaped, it's not working so well anymore :( The last pic is just one so you get the idea if what's going on. I did some small twist canerows in it last night (one row fromt he front ot the middle and one forn the middle down the back) and when I went to cowash this morning I didn't feel like detangling which is why they're all in little nap groups today. My hair's naturally quite fine around the sides but I think the flash makes it look more scalpy than it is. I hope it's the flash anyway:ohwell:

Oh and btw I wash one a week of so with aveda sap moss shampoo or black soap. And clarify about every 3 weeks/once a month with nexxus aloe rid, after the clarifying I use the sap moss conditioner, AND le kair cholesterol to remoisturise. Most of my cowashing is done with the cholesterol. As far as my ingredients go it's cone free!

Attachments

• DSC01786.JPG
    DSC01786.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC01792.JPG
    DSC01792.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC01788.JPG
    DSC01788.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 7

Cooyah

count me in, i BCed on saturday and want to hide my hair until xmas to surprise myself, so this will tie in great.

Incredible1ne

What I'm doing:
Co-wash every 2 days (V05 Moisture Milk - Strawberries & Cream)
Shampoo and Deep Condition weekly w/ KeraCare products
Style products used (not used daily): QB Olive Cream Conditioning Instant Detangler, Amla & Olive Heavy Cream, S-Curl and Kid's Organic Shea Butter
Clarify one a month or as needed

Last edited:

SignatureBeauty

Awww! You all have some Lovely Hair & I Love seeing Twas, they look so good on you all, Well I am gonna do the Conditioner Wash every other day & apply a Leave In Conditioner, and Deep condition about Once a Month and that is it, I want to keep my products to a minimal while doing this, Even though I am on the Lookout for Leave ins, I am gonna go to the BSS and get one that I saw had Avocado & Shea Butter in it.

But those Pictures look really good Ladies!

theAlist

Hi everyone!!

I just put in micro braids, so I'm going to keep them in for about a month or so...depending on how they hold up. I plan on oiling my scalp everyday, if not, every other day (my hair will get dry reaaaal quick), Spraying leave in conditioner and/or braid spray (to seep through the braids to reach my natural hair *crown and glory method*, and I might use this time to try to use up my surge 14 bottle. I hate just letting it waste. I will also TRY to wash...or cleanse my scalp every week, two weeks at the most. I say TRY because I have this BIIIG fear that my braids will slip out if I wash. I'd hate for that to happen :mad: But basically I want to keep my regimen real simple and let my hair do what it do!

Overall I'm excited for this challenge...its my first one since joining this board back in March. Here is a pic of my newly bc/twa on July 25th

SignatureBeauty

Sweetfacekay I Love Your Twa!! It looks so nice and soft, I wish I could put my hair in a protective style but I can't afford micro braids but I can do them on my daughters hair LOL!! I guess I will put my hair in Twist and leave them for a few weeks at a Time, but I have hand in fro disease badly it is terrible and there doesn't seem to be a cure lol!!!!!

KiSseS03

Ok, I'm not sure how to upload pictures, but the last 3 pics in my album are of my 3 week old TWA. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that my hair is longer than I thought it was, the back is 5-6 inches in length, and the front and crown is between 4.5-5. Let's get this full two inches!

http://public.fotki.com/BeautyintheDark/

hopeful

Hi ladies, I'm going to try to put in kinky twists next week, I ordered the hair online earlier today. Wish me luck. Will post pics in my fotki if they turn out okay.

jshor09

ok i think i have my regimine together now

Take a multivitamin, iron , and flax seed oil vitamins
Drink plenty of water.
Co wash every 2 days using either cholesterol, mnt conditioner, or my cheapie vo5 conditioner.
Wash once week to every two weeks using mnt shampoo.
Use up my mtg every 2 days. (Trying to use up the bottle)
Use my scurl spray as needed.

I think this is what I will do for a little while.

SignatureBeauty

So how is everyone doing? I am doing fine, I just decided to add MTG to my Routine about 3x's a week because I want faster growth, I am tired of this Twa stage already LOL!!!!! but other than that I have a very simple routine that I am sticking to and one is to stop buying hair products online LOL!!!!!

Let me know how you Ladies are doing!!!!

SignatureBeauty

Okay Ladies How are You All Doing? Whew! We Got One Month Down & 12 more Weeks to go, Boy that firts month Flew By Fast. So far so good, I am just keeping my routine very simple and I have just started cornrowing my hair for a week at a time and putting on a phony clip on bun, that way I can leave my hair alone for the week, but I have to wash it weekly and deep treat it weekly. But I am doing good.

So Come on and tell me how the rest of you are doing? We Can Do It!!!!!!!!!!

Ain't Nothing But A "G" Thang!!!! ("Growing") LOL!!!!!!!

Cooyah

I'm doing very well, i'm in my twisties until the end of the challenge so I can stay out of my hair, HIH syndrome is noooo joke :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

SignatureBeauty

Okay! I know what you mean Cooyah! I am doing what I can to keep my hands out of my hair, I am tempting to take these cornrows down because of the way my hair feels, I Love the way it feels, but I am gonna leave it alone. I thought about getting a sew in wig that they have, I am doing anything to leave my hair alone.

Plus it grows better that way LOL!!!!

Where Are The Rest Of You Ladies?????????? Come Chime In!!

morehairplease

hi ladies,

I am getting yarn braids this saturday.....I am SO exicited! Still doing my deep conditioning treatments and moisturizing my hair/sealing my ends. But other than that I haven't been doing much of anything to my hair though :( . I slacked off on the cw though. Before the weather changes again I am going to start cw again.