TWA Grow Out Challenge 2010

Taina

I'm not natural yet , but I will be by Jan 1st 2010 . So I will list my regimen closer to the date. Also it is ok if I just take pics of my hair for the updates and not really length shots ? I dont want to start the whole pulling my hair for length thing .. and then start to get obsessed with it. Im on a personal goal of not pulling my hair until 2 years after the bc
I think is ok, as long as you can post your updates

I wont be able to post pictures until 3 weeks from now.
How do I blurr my face?
There are programs online that you can do it, not remember one right now, but if you want someting not that special, tou can just place a black square with paint

Also Taina , what do you consider to be a twa .. i heard somewhere it is when you have 3" or less of hair stretched

I'd love to participate. I think someone else asked too -- what are you considering a TWA?
As you say, i believe TWA is no more than 3" stretched, but the challenge is open for any other short hair lady.

I will make a tutorial on how to post pictures tomorrow.
HHG ladies!

yods

If I can end 2010 by being able to put my hair into a bun I would be so :grin: My last relaxer was 1 May and I BCed in June, let's just say patience is not one of my virtues :look:

Right now my reggie is DT once a week and co wash once a week but I am putting in my hair in braids tomorrow. I have challenged myself to protective style until March as washing everyday with this freezing weather is getting too much. Aiming to wash no more than once a week.

Happy growing ladies I can't wait to see all your progress.

Attachments

• Snapshot_20091212_2.jpg
    Snapshot_20091212_2.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 31

Taina

How to upload pictures

There are 2 forms to upload pictures in the board. Thumbnail, those are the little pictures you can see in the botton of the posts. Like this picture

To upload the pictures that way....

when you click on manage attachments, a new window will pop up.

The other option is very easy. But in order for you to do that, you will need to have a virtual picture hard drive. There's a lot of pages that offer this option like :www.fotki.com, www.photobucket.com . www.imageshak.com.

The first you have to do is create an account on one of those sites and upload the pictures there. Then ...

Well i hope this could help the girls that don't know how to upload the pictures. If you have any question, just let me know.

Go to the post reply again at the board

makeupgirl

I'm having a little trouble uploading pics. I need a new computer. Here is my reggie:

co-wash every 4 days
dc 1x week
clarify monthly
baggie at least 4x a week
mosturize and seal daily
sleep with satin cap
no heat
taking multi-vitamin w/ 5000 mcg biotin (may start taking hair, nails, skin vitamins from GNC)
at least a gallon of water daily
exercise 3-4x a week

plastic

My regimen is:

Wash once a week with Cream of Nature shampoo or Castile Soap
Condition with whatever conditioner I have on hand
Moisturise and style with glycerin mix and Ecostyler Gel

Henna twice a week

I would like to go from an almost bald twa to apl by Dec 31st 2010 ...

Addy3010

My regimen is:

Wash once a week with Cream of Nature shampoo or Castile Soap
Condition with whatever conditioner I have on hand
Moisturise and style with glycerin mix and Ecostyler Gel

Henna twice a week

I would like to go from an almost bald twa to apl by Dec 31st 2010 ...

Do your really henna twice a weeK? I wanted to henna my hair but i havent for so many reasons? Im not sure how much ahir you have but is hard to henna a short hair. I think im scared of staining my face and neck....:rolleyes:

Taina

I'm scared about the henna .. i've been hearing a lot of good stuff about it, but i also heard that i can straighten the hair. Is that true? i dont wanna loose my curls >_>

Taina

OK here is my regi
- Co-wash daily or every other day
- DC 3x/2x per week
- protein treatment 1x/2x per month
- High protein diet (Atkins)
- Spirulina, B-complex, E Vitamin, Flaxsedd oil intake (startung tomorrow)
- Excersice 5x week
- Drink 2lt water daily

So here are my starting pictures

plastic

I'm scared about the henna .. i've been hearing a lot of good stuff about it, but i also heard that i can straighten the hair. Is that true? i dont wanna loose my curls >_>

I have heard that if you add amla powder to your henna that it wont straighten your curls

Do your really henna twice a weeK? I wanted to henna my hair but i havent for so many reasons? Im not sure how much ahir you have but is hard to henna a short hair. I think im scared of staining my face and neck....:rolleyes:

I dont have my twa yet , but I plan to henna twice a week. When I bc im going to have the same amount of hair that you have in you pic. I actually think it is easier to henna short hair.. AS soon as the henna touches somewhere other than your hair .. just wipe it off with a damp paper towel and you should be fine

song_of_serenity

My starting length check.:) I washed my hair in my twists and am redoing it now and decided to snap some shots.

My right is longer than my left. :( The sides are chin while the left is under bottom lip length.
I've started taking biotin last week (I only took it twice, I know. :()
I wanna get some GNC hair/skin/nails pills, I hear they are good (recommendations?)
Eating better, more water.
Keeping my hair twisted/braided. Puffs for special occasions xD

OhSoOthentik

Yay!!!! Finally a challenge I can join. I am so in. I have plenty of pics to post but I need to get a card reader so I can upload pictures to the MAC and put them on here. I will probably post starting pictures later towards the end of the week.

My Regimen
Co-wash daily/every other day (V05 moisture milks)
deep condition once a week (Conditioner, EVOO, Doo Gro Mega Thick Hair Growth Oil, Honey)
Moisturize and seal daily (water/oil mixture, shea butter, essential oils w/ silk proteins)
daily multivitamin/Biotin
at least 12.5 glasses of water/per day

Like some of the other ladies have stated it's starting to get rough doing the co-washes everyday and this weather is so cold, so I am thinking of protective styling most days with box braids, but will still continue with my moisture routine.

Thank you so much for starting this challenge. I am looking for to this journey with you ladies :)

a_shoe_6307

You know I'm in with you girl! I'll post my regi and pics later. I got a final paper to finish up for the semester first.

Detroit2Dallas

Here are my starting pics

I cowash about once a week now and keep my hair in twist or braids although I'm going to get extensions so they can last longer. I keep my hair under a head wrap (with a satin bonnet under THAT:yep:..I dont show my hair in cold weather...to cold i guess :lachen:). I take Hairobics Hair vitamins and just ordered sulu max grow oil which should be here today. I also use Hairobics hair products as well as giovanni, nexus, garnier fructis and etc etc etc. I dont have just one set of products that I use, I use what I feel my hair needs. The one things my hair cant live without is raw shea butter, organic coconut oil and organic EVOO....so those are my only guarantees. I baggy once a week and try to dc with heat once a week. My nappiversary is coming up at the end of March and I am really trying to get as much growth as possible.
ETA: I also am eating more organic foods and salmon and continuing to drink water like a camel

Here is the last YT I did on Nov 24th. Skip to the 1:15 mark thats when I take off my scarf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFsY8SeZbJ8

Last edited:

Deszdamona

This twa looks sooooo good on you girlie~

robot.

Here is my current regimen. It's subject to change, though, because I'm always experimenting with new products. But here's what I have so far:

Co-wash at least once a week.
Deep condition once a week.
Moisturize daily with avocado butter.
Seal with coconut oil.
Shampoo once a month.

I also wet my hair daily before moisturizing and typically use gel every other day.

I will keep my info in my blog too. :yep: Here are my pictures as of today:

Taina

Just checkin in. Yesteday night i did a DC overnite with 10 en 1. My hair was SOOO soft this morning, Co-washed with TREsemmè. I did not make it to the gym i was very tired. I tooked all my suplements and vitamins. So first day was O.K.!

Loves Harmony

I would love to join.... I cut all of my hair off back in July..

Right now, i am in a sew in and i will keep it in until the end of January.

Regime:
Wash every other week with shampoo
Deep Con once a week
Spray a leave in after wash
Since im in a sew in i spray a conditioner on the braids

Attachments

• dec6.jpg
    dec6.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 21

plastic

uh my head looks so scalpy. Anyway ... my starting pic is as follows. Im going to judge my growth based on how much scalp I can see

im not bald ... my hair texture there is so fine you can't see it with the flash on

lol i scratched that area while wet and the hair dried like that .. white bit is some old shealoe butter that I decided to try ... wont happen again